Bts Feeder Busses

THAILIBAN

It might be something to do with more passengers using it as a free bus service to get them up and down sukhumvit and udomsuk and not actually using the BTS. I noticed that a lot in the couple of months before it stopped. But it might just because they want to cut costs. I doubt that many thais would pay anything to use it, what with the amount of public bus services running there.

And of course, not forgetting about the road works on sukhumvit now, for the bts extension. central bangna to onnut is a nightmare these days

thats correct, but there is no more such shuttle bus since more than 6-7 months, long b4 the BTS-extension-constructionwork began.

and now there are huge queues at ON NUT BTS in the early evenings, crowds waiting for taxis to go down Sukhumvit. sometimes I waited 20 minutes and more..... not a pleasant thought considering the rainy season starting in June....

I thought somebody (particularly a Thai citizen - Member ) might have heard about an official reason from the BTS company for that inconvenience

Edited by THAILIBAN

All the feeder busses for all lines have been cancelled until October. Reason is people using them as free busses. In my office the staff were always asking for the shuttle tickets from staff who bought the monthly passes but did not use the shuttle. They were using the busses from point A to B but never taking the skytrain. BTS told me that they will start in October as by that time they will have new fare boxes installed that will read your BTS monthly card but not charge it as the service will still be free. I used to take the BTS to Morchit on Sundays and then the shuttle service to Central LardPrao. Not once did I recognize any person on the shuttle from the skytrain or walking from the skytrain to the bus. Anyway now I take the MRT which is more convenient when I want to go to Central Lard Prao.

All the feeder busses for all lines have been cancelled until October. Reason is people using them as free busses. In my office the staff were always asking for the shuttle tickets from staff who bought the monthly passes but did not use the shuttle. They were using the busses from point A to B but never taking the skytrain. BTS told me that they will start in October as by that time they will have new fare boxes installed that will read your BTS monthly card but not charge it as the service will still be free. I used to take the BTS to Morchit on Sundays and then the shuttle service to Central LardPrao. Not once did I recognize any person on the shuttle from the skytrain or walking from the skytrain to the bus. Anyway now I take the MRT which is more convenient when I want to go to Central Lard Prao.

thanks for that excellent , useful reply !

good to know that - thanks to some members - even in 2007 the Forum is sometimes still more than just "spreading hot air"

Edited by THAILIBAN

yeah i used to give my tickets to people in the office as i never used the buses, but hey whats the real problem with this? they were issuing the tickets so they should have expected them to be used someway. Why dont they just charge 10-15 baht and get people who want to use the bus instead of pulling the service. If they had the foresight at the start it would have been better - oh yeah forgot "foresight" another word missing from the Thai dictionary!!