Fourteen kilograms of marijuana seized in pre-Songkran drug crackdowns

webfact

Fourteen kilograms of marijuana seized in pre-Songkran drug crackdowns

S__54059072-1024x485.jpg

Phuket police have sized a total of 14 kilograms of marijuana in three separate cases, including intercepting parcel post yesterday. It’s all part of the annual pre-Songkran drugs crackdown.

Phuket Provincial Police have seized a parcel box sent via Thai Post in Rawai where they found 12 kilograms of marijuana. Police are now tracking down the sender.

In the second case police have arrested 46 years old Kamon ‘Noom’ Teeratrakunchai in Wichit. Police seized one kilogram of marijuana inside a Kerry Express parcel box. The suspect has been charged with illegal possession of a Category 5 Drug.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/fourteen-kilograms-of-marijuana-seized-in-pre-songkran-drug-crackdowns

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-26

Phuket police seize 13kg of ‘parcel delivery’ marijuana

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1553603778_1-org.jpg.4c80cd556471d153f525a5b589904933.jpg

The 12 kilos of marijuana was found packed in two parcels waiting to be delivered by Rawai Post Office. Photo: Phuket Police

PHUKET:-- A series of tip-offs have seen police in Phuket seize 13 kilogrammes of marijuana packed in parcels for delivery, with 12 one-kilo bars in parcels seized at Rawai Post Office yesterday (Mar 25).

Provincial Police explained that that an informant had given them a lead that parcels would be delivered to Phuket by post to be distributed to local dealers on the island.

The officers went to Rawai Post Office, where they found two boxes together containing 12 one-kilo packs of marijuana.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-seize-13kg-of-parcel-delivery-marijuana-70860.php#8SCt1Cm6aDBBPbiX.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-26

On 3/26/2019 at 8:55 PM, from the home of CC said:

unless you have a 'buddy' ptp working in the PO I would think that would be risky..

Nah, without "tip-offs" they are clueless.  I didn't use Kerry back in the day but plenty of Thai Post. 

My friend just sent 30 grams of buds he grew to his brother out in Alberta. The post offices here in Canada sell special mailers that are odour-free and tamper-proof, made specifically for cannabis. It's a wonderful law here that allows us to share up to 30 grams with friends and family. I sure hope the rest of the world gets on board and legalizes the stuff for recreational use soon. 

• Like 2