SECTION 75 Credit Card

I am looking at a reclining chair on Lazada, Bht 11900. Partly cowhide leather, part PVC (where your body does not touch)

The page on Lazada says 5 YEAR WARRANTY, but when I asked them, only the metal frame/mechanism is 5 years, sewing seams ONE YEAR, and the upholstery THREE MONTHS, depending on useage. If I sit on it 8 hours a day watching my telly, and on day 91 the leather splits, I would not be covered.

If however I paid for part of the price over £100 with a UK Credit Card, Section 75 would click in and the C Card company would be liable.

Am I right or not anybody, please.

55 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Personally, whichever way you go, the hassle you would go through to actually "claim" and resolve, wouldnt be worth it (IMHO).

Dunno about that. I bought a 'Laz y Boy ' executive chair from Office Mate, P'lok 3 years ago. After 16 months the leather started coming away from the backing. Emailed them, AND Laz-y-Boy in USA. Gt a replacement in one month. That chair did exactly the same, so now Office Mate will replace it again, AND Lazy-boy in USA will give me a full refund (or two replacement Chinese-made chairs).

Throw enough shit and some of it will stick !

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Dunno about that. I bought a 'Laz y Boy ' executive chair from Office Mate, P'lok 3 years ago. After 16 months the leather started coming away from the backing. Emailed them, AND Laz-y-Boy in USA. Gt a replacement in one month. That chair did exactly the same, so now Office Mate will replace it again, AND Lazy-boy in USA will give me a full refund (or two replacement Chinese-made chairs).

That's Laz-y-Boy, an American company that backs up their products with the written, global guarantee.

There's a major US manufacturer of office furniture called Herman Miller that sell globally and have the same lifetime warranty. I worked with a company that had a fleet of vessels working worldwide that all had Herman Miller office chairs and whenever they had anything break on them, they were alerted for the next major port call. These technicians would front up with a van loaded with all the spare parts and spend a day or two refurbishing all the 20 or so chairs completely as new. If a chair was beyond repair, a new one was ordered to be delivered at the next port call.

I would wager your Laz-y-Boy cost a bit more than this Chinese-made recliner on lazada no?

For a section 75, you would have to convince credit card co. , either breach of contract or misrepresentation. Since they have stated the warranty on upholstery 3 months, the situation described in OP would not satisfy.

Section 75 does not protect against poor decision making

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

That's Laz-y-Boy, an American company that backs up their products with the written, global guarantee.

There's a major US manufacturer of office furniture called Herman Miller that sell globally and have the same lifetime warranty. I worked with a company that had a fleet of vessels working worldwide that all had Herman Miller office chairs and whenever they had anything break on them, they were alerted for the next major port call. These technicians would front up with a van loaded with all the spare parts and spend a day or two refurbishing all the 20 or so chairs completely as new. If a chair was beyond repair, a new one was ordered to be delivered at the next port call.

I would wager your Laz-y-Boy cost a bit more than this Chinese-made recliner on lazada no?

The Lazy Boy chair I bought from Office Mate was made in China, and the man from Lazy Boy USA called me FROM CHINA. It cost me Bht 11,190, but the trade price was Bht 2750 !

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Go on a diet and exercise more to extend your own life and that of the chair simultaneously.

I am on a very healthy diet, and exercise 4 HOURS every day. You?

The 8 hours a day I quoted was for example only.

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I would wager your Laz-y-Boy cost a bit more than this Chinese-made recliner on lpazada no?

Had Herman Miller in the last place I worked. One of lads noticed a broken HM chair in the trash corner of the office - computer and electrical equipment building up until someone bothered to arrange a e-disposal company (had to be by the book). This resourceful new lad walked into the Herman Miller shop and basically described the broken wheel and missing tightener thing on the back, three days later he an email saying he could go collect the part for free - didn't even show a receipt/invoice/order.  However you have to remember the cliche HM chairs are near a $1000 a pop so there's a lot of cushion for delivering service, I don't think LazyBoy whilst expensive are up at HM level.

You might have two problems with Lazada, your credit card company might enquire about your residence if you haven't advise them which could make you ineligible for section 75, and secondly Lazada are crap at mediating with third party seller, don't expect an Amazon level experience . 

I am on a very healthy diet, and exercise 4 HOURS every day. You?

The 8 hours a day I quoted was for example only.

When I'm left an opening, sometimes it's hard to resist the urge to pontificate. Your diet and exercise regime sounds more stringent than mine.

23 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

When I'm left an opening, sometimes it's hard to resist the urge to pontificate. Your diet and exercise regime sounds more stringent than mine.

Thanks. It was all hypothetical, I watch tv for 12 hours a day, eat shit food, drink a lot and DO NOT exercise !   LOL

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Thanks. It was all hypothetical, I watch tv for 12 hours a day, eat shit food, drink a lot and DO NOT exercise !   LOL

Someone who tells porkies on TV? How unusual.

Archived