Despite Congress' ire, Pentagon to transfer $1 billion for Trump wall

webfact

On 3/28/2019 at 2:45 PM, bristolboy said:

Did anyone at Trump's country club get arrested and charged?

Eric Trump said via an email statement quoted in the Post: “We are making a broad effort to identify any employee who has given false and fraudulent documents to unlawfully gain employment. Where identified, any individual will be terminated immediately.”

I don't know what happen to these people after they were fired ,maybe you do

1 hour ago, riclag said:

He's building a wall

Well happy birthday, CBS news story.  You'll be one year old in just two more weeks!  

Just in case you missed my heavy sarcasm, that video is a year old and documents the replacement work of existing border FENCING (they even said "fencing" in the clip), not new wall construction.  

Trump has even been caught lying (you're shocked, I know) about how the existing border fence in El Paso has reduced crime.  There are many clips of him talking about the existing border fence in El Paso:

"Trump’s comments on Monday night echoed what he said about El Paso during his State of the Union speech last week — that fencing along its border with Ciudad Juárez installed during 2008 and 2009 directly reduced violent crime, even though data from the FBI says otherwise."

So which is it - Did the fencing (installed in 2008-2009) in El Paso reduce crime, or is it just now (in April of 2018) being built?

• Thanks 2

"You cannot stop. If there is a concrete wall in front of you, you have to go through it. You can never, ever give up or even think in terms of giving up."

(Part of commencement speech given to Wagner College, NY, in 2004.  By Donald Trump).

"Is there a brick wall getting in your way? Fine. That happens. But you have a choice. You can walk away from the wall. You can go over the wall. You can go under the wall. You can go around the wall. You can also obliterate the wall. In other words, don't let anything get in your way. Get a balance, and then let the positive outdistance the negative."

('Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education In Business and Life'.  2010. By Donald Trump).

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I'll build them very inexpensively.  I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

(2015 campaign speech.  By Donald Trump.)

"When during the campaign I would say 'Mexico is going to pay for it' — obviously I never said this" — this is 100% false."

(Part of interview given during 2019 government shutdown.  By Donald Trump).

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ballpoint said:

"You cannot stop. If there is a concrete wall in front of you, you have to go through it. You can never, ever give up or even think in terms of giving up."

(Part of commencement speech given to Wagner College, NY, in 2004.  By Donald Trump).

"Is there a brick wall getting in your way? Fine. That happens. But you have a choice. You can walk away from the wall. You can go over the wall. You can go under the wall. You can go around the wall. You can also obliterate the wall. In other words, don't let anything get in your way. Get a balance, and then let the positive outdistance the negative."

('Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education In Business and Life'.  2010. By Donald Trump).

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I'll build them very inexpensively," he said. "I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

(2015 campaign speech.  By Donald Trump.)

"When during the campaign I would say 'Mexico is going to pay for it' — obviously I never said this" — this is 100% false."

(Part of interview given during 2019 government shutdown.  By Donald Trump).

You want me to quote ALL the 'collusion'  MSM  BS?  let's face it he won. Beat him in 2020 and stop the whining already.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

You want me to quote ALL the 'collusion'  MSM  BS?

No, we want you to respond on topic.  "But what about all the collusion" is a childish attempt at hijacking the discussion.  It's so childish, in fact, that it's something Trump himself might say.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kelsall said:

The acting SECDEF has his priorities straight.  He answers to POTUS, not Congress. 

"There are going to be consequences. I understand the position of the committees. I also have a standing legal order from the commander-in-chief"

Well, actually they all take their oaths to the US Constitution and they all answer to US law.  The USA has this concept called "rule by law." 

For example, certain parts of the Executive Branch, including DOD (Dept. of Defense), are subject to oversight by congressional committees pursuant to federal statutes, etc.  Also, the US Constitution gives Congress the power to appropriate funds for the Executive Branch's needs, e.g., armies and navies.  Thus, DOD must go to Congress to get their funding, and sometimes members of DOD have to squirm while answering questions during a congressional hearing.  I guess it all has something to do with the Founding Fathers wanting to prevent tyrannies.

Of course, not everyone plays their role as well as they should.  Still, "rule by law" is the ideal that places like federal courts favor. 

Your analysis sounds to me like the US federal govt. is a giant army run by a king.  The Americans fought a war that, among other issues, involved the use of a king's standing army.  I respect your concept of loyalty, but the USA is still a republic.

By the way, that's a cool photo of Robert Duvall.  You have good taste.

PS, no disrespect to our British friends.  US common law, among other political and legal concepts, owes a lot to the British.  Speaking for myself, I am very grateful for much that they have given us.

Edited by helpisgood
typo and added PS

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Thank you for making my point. People with houses have less reason for having walls, but yet we do.....Why?

And, you have no problem with our Border Agents chasing large groups of folks at night through dangerous terrain. I'm done. What we say makes little difference. Happy Trump is doing what he promised.

He promised that Mexico was going to pay for it. Why isn't he keeping that promise to his 60 million voters, instead of burdening all US taxpayers with the cost? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, attrayant said:

Well happy birthday, CBS news story.  You'll be one year old in just two more weeks!  

Just in case you missed my heavy sarcasm, that video is a year old and documents the replacement work of existing border FENCING (they even said "fencing" in the clip), not new wall construction.  

Trump has even been caught lying (you're shocked, I know) about how the existing border fence in El Paso has reduced crime.  There are many clips of him talking about the existing border fence in El Paso:

"Trump’s comments on Monday night echoed what he said about El Paso during his State of the Union speech last week — that fencing along its border with Ciudad Juárez installed during 2008 and 2009 directly reduced violent crime, even though data from the FBI says otherwise."

So which is it - Did the fencing (installed in 2008-2009) in El Paso reduce crime, or is it just now (in April of 2018) being built?

Sorry, I don't want to play your nonsense games!Have a wonderful life

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, skytrooper70 said:

He promised that Mexico was going to pay for it. Why isn't he keeping that promise to his 60 million voters, instead of burdening all US taxpayers with the cost? 

Jeepers creepers buddy we are beyond actually getting money ear marked "Mr. Trumps Wall Money appropriation from Mexico",but we are hoping to make something happen with the USMCA, 6 more years to go.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, usviphotography said:

No one is tunneling under Isreal's Gaza Wall. Even Hungary's joke of a "wall" has produced a near 100% success rate. Wall + Will to Enforce solves all problems. But the latter is really the key. Trump needs to replace his DHS Chief yesterday. She's an Open Borders, Never-Trumper who frankly never should have been hired in the first place but is a HUGE liability now. 

Try researching "tunnels and Gaza"!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, helpisgood said:

Well, actually they all take their oaths to the US Constitution and they all answer to US law.  The USA has this concept called "rule by law." 

For example, certain parts of the Executive Branch, including DOD (Dept. of Defense), are subject to oversight by congressional committees pursuant to federal statutes, etc.  Also, the US Constitution gives Congress the power to appropriate funds for the Executive Branch's needs, e.g., armies and navies.  Thus, DOD must go to Congress to get their funding, and sometimes members of DOD have to squirm while answering questions during a congressional hearing.  I guess it all has something to do with the Founding Fathers wanting to prevent tyrannies.

Of course, not everyone plays their role as well as they should.  Still, "rule by law" is the ideal that places like federal courts favor. 

Your analysis sounds to me like the US federal govt. is a giant army run by a king.  The Americans fought a war that, among other issues, involved the use of a king's standing army.  I respect your concept of loyalty, but the USA is still a republic.

By the way, that's a cool photo of Robert Duvall.  You have good taste.

PS, no disrespect to our British friends.  US common law, among other political and legal concepts, owes a lot to the British.  Speaking for myself, I am very grateful for much that they have given us.

USA "ruled by law"

Sounds great till you see how their justice system currently operates! 

On 3/28/2019 at 11:09 AM, Kelsall said:

So you support tearing down all border walls, fences, etc since people can tunnel under them?

No I didnt infer that at all.  I was just thinking that the border was already penetrated in scores of places by tunnels used to traffic both drugs and people.  Would a wall stop that many to make it worthwhile if they are already tunneling. 

On 3/28/2019 at 10:59 AM, usviphotography said:

No one is tunneling under Isreal's Gaza Wall. Even Hungary's joke of a "wall" has produced a near 100% success rate. Wall + Will to Enforce solves all problems. But the latter is really the key. Trump needs to replace his DHS Chief yesterday. She's an Open Borders, Never-Trumper who frankly never should have been hired in the first place but is a HUGE liability now. 

Cant comment on Hungarys wall....dont know anything about it.  However the Palestinians were tunneling under the Gaza wall until Israel banned cement in Gaza. 

• Confused 1

Any reasonable individual would have to agree an obstacle which hinders an illegals access to the US is desirable. As stated earlier, refugee camps need to be erected at the border to house these "Asylum" seekers. Camps with the barest of essentials.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2019 at 10:24 PM, ThaiFelix said:

You can tunnel under a wall you know......and I thought thats what the Mexicans were already doing??

The wall is 4 feet deep. Yes you can build a tunnel under it but in that soil you need to wet the ground before you can dig. It isn't meant to stop everybody. Honest asylum seekers should not be impacted. When CBP pulls you from a tunnel you are on the short list for deportation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's big, it's beautiful, who's gonna pay for it? Hint: it ain't Mexico.

A Single Scandal Sums Up All of Trump’s Failures

The president has been intervening in the process of producing a border wall, on behalf of a favored firm.

Many of the tales of controversy to emerge from the Trump administration have been abstract, or complicated, or murky. Whenever anyone warns about destruction of “norms,” the conversation quickly becomes speculative—the harms are theoretical, vague, and in the future.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/05/trump-border-wall-contractor/590242/

Slow yer roll Tex...

Judge Blocks Trump Use Of Emergency Power To Build Border Barrier With Military Funds

A federal judge in California has temporarily blocked the Trump administration from transferring funds from military accounts to begin building additional border fencing.

U.S. District Judge Haywood Gilliam in Northern California granted a preliminary injunction blocking the administration from moving $1 billion in Defense Department funds intended for anti-drug activities.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/24/726884720/judge-blocks-trump-use-of-emergency-power-to-build-border-barrier-with-military-

lead_720_405.jpg

On 5/10/2019 at 1:22 AM, Nina265 said:

Hi, 

$1 billion dollars could finance a good project and change many lives in the US. Building this wall is just a mistake!  

Yea let them all IN!  give us your State and we'll send them to you.  Don't forget food, water, toilets, jobs, health and good luck!

34 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Yea let them all IN!  give us your State and we'll send them to you.  Don't forget food, water, toilets, jobs, health and good luck!

Who, other than yourself, said anything about letting them all in?

:coffee1:

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

Who, other than yourself, said anything about letting them all in?

:coffee1:

Pray share your wisdom on how you will stop the 100,000s on their way?  oh I know "please will you stand in an orderly queue, now those that don't have papers please just go home there's good people"

• Confused 1

On 5/10/2019 at 7:03 AM, Cryingdick said:

The wall is 4 feet deep. Yes you can build a tunnel under it but in that soil you need to wet the ground before you can dig.

Thirty-foot wall? Gee, maybe a 40-foot ladder? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Pray share your wisdom on how you will stop the 100,000s on their way?  oh I know "please will you stand in an orderly queue, now those that don't have papers please just go home there's good people"

I'm not the one inventing crises and then coming up with daft solution as how to solve them. That's the current POTUS's thing. Considering you're making up both the crisis and the alleged responses, and related points of view, what's the point?