Big Joke: Promises easier, faster and more "watertight" Immigration rules

webfact

5 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Yes, but it is an announcement about very near future intended changes, so what is the difference ?

Pure speculation based on a poor translation of some discussion at a meeting. When it gets announced formally then we will know for sure and can act accordingly.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

I'd be more interested in knowing what 50% actually means - there were 2 and now there's 1, or something else?  Where is "my area"?

"Where is my area?"Where I have always said it was..

Care to show a photo of your area?

DSCN2435.JPG

7 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Pure speculation based on a poor translation of some discussion at a meeting. When it gets announced formally then we will know for sure and can act accordingly.

Pretty much a given. The guy is a steamroller.

15 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

You see? You have absolutely idea. Sometimes it's best to say nothing. That way, you don't make yourself look stupid.

Nobody knows who I am here, why on earth would it matter what you --or I- think or say on this entertainment forum populated by the aged, the unhinged, and the uneducated. But thanks for the 'Life Pro Tip' Padre. ????????

PS: You missed a word in your scramble to prove your intellectual superiority. Hilarious!

37 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

There is a whole raft of measures coming and particularly for those attempting to live here on tourist visas/visa exempt entry's. People simply don't want to believe it. Why do you think the London Thai Embassy has held off on implementing the new online visa application system until May?  BJ only needs to come up with the measures of stopping what is portrayed on social media on a daily basis, as ways too circumvent the immigration system. That is his job. The Malaysian bond style system has been spoken about at length at committee meetings for the last 18 months. That is very likely to come in to effect over the next 5 years but most likely in stages. 

these illegal nationslists in control now do 'not' have a majority mandate to keep running this land into the ground. they are pushing through 100's of laws that people dont want, knowing it will take years to correct the mistakes. their mandate about foreigners was set along with the other rules, to control this land before sutheps mob and at a one day stadium protest, lasting 7 hours with dinosaur generals hyping themselves 7 years ago. 

going forward there will be much more anger from billion dollar businesses about decreasing long term stayers, not just the will of the people.

just last week in the other naff paper the ceo of mall group said their 60 billion investment in 2 new complexes on the outskirts of bkk included a business plan of long term stayers. the ceo was quoted as saying the gov. should help bring more long term stayers not less as the gov. was too focused on short term stays.

lets see over the years when these nationalists are kicked out, how many of these new rules, future rules will stay or vanish.

the turning point was last sunday, thats why they are rushing through laws

Just now, Small Joke said:

Nobody knows who I am here, why on earth would it matter what you --or I- think or say on this entertainment forum populated by the aged, the unhinged, and the uneducated. But thanks for the 'Life Pro Tip' Padre. ????????

PS: You missed a word in your scramble to prove your intellectual superiority. Hilarious!

Yes you are correct I missed the word (No) out. I am in a scramble for an early lunch due to a briefing later this afternoon regarding the Police orders over the songKran period. It's actually quite boring

Just now, humbug said:

these illegal nationslists in control now do 'not' have a majority mandate to keep running this land into the ground. they are pushing through 100's of laws that people dont want, knowing it will take years to correct the mistakes. their mandate about foreigners was set along with the other rules, to control this land before sutheps mob and at a one day stadium protest, lasting 7 hours with dinosaur generals hyping themselves 7 years ago. 

going forward there will be much more anger from billion dollar businesses about decreasing long term stayers, not just the will of the people.

just last week in the other naff paper the ceo of mall group said their 60 billion investment in 2 new complexes on the outskirts of bkk included a business plan of long term stayers. the ceo was quoted as saying the gov. should help bring more long term stayers not less as the gov. was too focused on short term stays.

lets see over the years when these nationalists are kicked out, how many of these new rules, future rules will stay or vanish.

the turning point was last sunday, thats why they are rushing through laws

Not really the place or thread for you to have a rant on who will or will not be running the country,immigration and the business policy of Thailand in the future.
Really need to take lunch now.
Good day.

Ten finger fingerprints??

What those with amputations of fingers or hands, or those with birth malformations are they banned from entering?

Iris recognition, what about those with eyesight deficiencies and no iris to scan??

Is this another form of discrimination??

58 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I think a lot of you guys made a mistake by burning bridges back home. Have any of you gave it a 2 second thought that you are moving to a third world country? All I hear from some people how UK, US or whatever is bad because it's a nanny state and you have to pay council tax. Come on, Thailand can be a nice place but it will never be your place. Are people really that naive. Always have a backup plan and only invest in your own country. One of the stupidest advice I hear here is only invest what you can afford to lose. Yeah sure....that's how Warren Buffet got rich, by being stupid.

Very true..which is why for half of the year I choose to live here..

Those who have a Manichean mindset-Good/bad-naturally burn their bridges and quite often hoist themselves on their own petards.They have bored their folks in their homelands to death and then appear to run out of choices-usually by their own volition.

154.JPG

I have an Investment visa since 2004. Buy a condo 10 million BAHT and visa for the time I own the condo. This visa was scrapped in 2007 and the immigration department are still fine issuing it to me but for the first time this year they wanted a yearly bank statement to see where my income comes from. 

I didnt need money in the bank, just screening my money movements. Highlighting with a fluorescent pen all the transactions over 20k. Withdrawal in Pink and deposits in Yellow. 

They are clamping down for sure on everyone. 

38 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

No DETAILS actually  announced but Thaigeezers already going into melt-down over it.

Just another day on the Internet folks- why not wait and see what may ACTUALLY occur instead of the ritualistic wiling and beating of chests.

Not sure if it was intentional, but  'Thaigeezers' is a pretty good nickname for TVF.

*Doffs hairpiece* 

10 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Those who have a Manichean mindset-Good/bad-naturally burn their bridges and quite often hoist themselves on their own petards.They have bored their folks in their homelands to death and then appear to run out of choices-usually by their own volition.

154.JPG

I'm sure there was an oil rig just to the right,  last time i was there.

did you paint shop pro it out ? :giggle:

8 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

I'm sure there was an oil rig just to the right,  last time i was there.

did you paint shop pro it out ? :giggle:

Ha..ha..ha...

It ain't Santa Barbara...playground of ex-U.S Presidents..what a sight that was-oil derricks as far as the eye could see..

T'aint Aberdeen either.????

This might help-the glorious Tasman Sea-..that dark patch is a manta ray making his way up the channel.

125.JPG

48 minutes ago, sidgy said:

I love these threads, BJ says some ambiguous comment and its interpretation morphs into the imminent deportation of all Falangs. I do notice from this and other thread postings, that most of the doomsayers have since left Thailand or never been long term here anyway. Could it be a touch of jealousy/ resentment that things didn’t work out for them that they want/ wish these self invented scare stories become reality

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

spot on

If anything they should be making it easier for expats to live here as they contribute considerably to the economy, those that circumvent the rules have been the target of recent changes - some changes have had a small impact on those that comply but I think we can live with that.

In general it is very obvious to anyone (that doesn't have a grudge) that since the national living wage in Thailand is less than 16k baht a month then an expat with double that is living quite comfortably - I never understood the disparity between Marriage and retirement extensions - I would find it much more expensive living here with a wife and kids than being single - so maybe time to bring them in line at 400k baht a year instead of the current 2 tier system 800/400k - 400k is more than enough

14 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

154.JPG

Frankly, your humblebragging is one of the biggest bores around. I too, can zoom home (at the pointy end) and take pics of rural Australia at will. Besides the tedious and repetitive attention seeking, what are you contributing to the conversation?

If your dual domicile arrangement is so amazing, what deep sad emptiness compels you to repeatedly advertise it to random strangers?

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

You're never gonna convince me that people on retirement and marriage visas present a substantial risk of criminal behavior to Thailand. But Big Joke keeps acting otherwise.

The older people generally become, the less likely they are to be engaged in criminal behavior . Married people commit fewer crimes than unmarried people. Don't they teach this in Thailand's police academies?

I think BJ is not thinking about criminals among long stay visa owners. The point is the amount of money these people spend in the local economy. As costs increase, the amount needed in the bank should also increase proportionally. They do not want foreigners living at the edge and resorting to crimes to stay afloat. I believed looking at how thailand treat those criminals with means, I think doing the right thing is not in their mindset. Is it all about money and power. That is why well off criminals are able to stay in Thailand for long periods under the radar and also maybe under the auspicious of the authorities in the area. Criminals targeted Thailand to retire not only because of lax border enforcement but also because they know payoff can work well to leave them well alone. 

4 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

Frankly, your humblebragging is one of the biggest bores around. I too, can zoom home (at the pointy end) and take pics of rural Australia at will. Besides the tedious and repetitive attention seeking, what are you contributing to the conversation?

If your dual domicile arrangement is so amazing, what deep sad emptiness compels you to repeatedly advertise it to random strangers?

Good on yer ThaiBunny..

You asked-I responded.

Wot-no fotograff?

47 minutes ago, jonclark said:

I wonder what it is about "easier" and "faster" immigration changes that so many people are upset about? 

There was a recent announcement about Tourist Visa's 2 for 1 and no limit on Border crossings plus re-entry permits so those with a TV can maintain it if they travel to another country and back again during their vacation - all very positive sensible things to encourage people to visit here - improving flexibility - I see no reason why expats who comply with the rules will not be treated equally well, those that don't comply - well I have no objections to them being dealt with.

One issue remains though - the current strength of the Thai baht is putting a lot of people off who are now going elsewhere for their annual holidays  

I would gladly keep Baht 400000 in my bank all the time and pay Baht 100000 every year for my Retirement Extension if I could use the Government Hospitals on the same basis as Thais.

Would this not solve the problem

Archived