Big Joke: Promises easier, faster and more "watertight" Immigration rules

webfact

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

While on the subject, have any one of those crying about 'what' might happen, got off their arse and visited the local immigration office and asked directly what is going on or likely to happen -- any yes's out there?  

What makes you think that officers at local immigration offices have any knowledge of immigration rules and regulations?

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please calm down and wait for the new rules/regs. to be officially announced.
You're letting your thoughts/imagination run wild imo

You haven't been getting my memos have you?

The end point is your removal.

They can't just tell us to leave.  Too much bad publicity.

What they can do is make is logistically impossible for any of us to stay.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Khaeng Mak said:

I have been saying for months that long stay expats in Thailand are currently under siege. 

Most were mocking my comments.

But anyone that can't see what is afoot here is entirely deluded.

Nothing has changed for people married to a Thai.

10 minutes ago, rabas said:

Yes but, be wary - this is a very short summary of a meeting (?) by an anonymous Chan 7 news writer. AND, Immigration has already just now announced the new retirement and marriage deposit rules. 800k/6mo and 400h/6mo. So I would wait for real rules to be published before I get divorced. He my well be talking about the existing new rules and the reporter garbled it.

"the reporter garbled it" - wow, that would be something new, wouldn't it? 

2 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

What makes you think that officers at local immigration offices have any knowledge of immigration rules and regulations?

Usually they don't, but they apply their personal view of the Immigration regulations. 

So it's very important to know the local point of views, in order to comply with them. 

5 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Can you provide the source of this announcement?

Don't have the kink now but it was discussed extensively in one or two threads here a few weeks ago and I have seen the rules in writing. They were more detailed like retirement 800k 3 months before, 800k 3 months after, then 400k for next 6 months. I think you can get these rules already at TM, I will look and get back. This is old news.

17 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

You're never gonna convince me that people on retirement and marriage visas present a substantial risk of criminal behavior to Thailand. But Big Joke keeps acting otherwise.

The older people generally become, the less likely they are to be engaged in criminal behavior . Married people commit fewer crimes than unmarried people. Don't they teach this in Thailand's police academies?

You're right. People like the late Tony Kenway could easily slap 10 million in a Thai bank, if that's what Big Joke wants. Will that make them great law abiding citizens? No! Will they get a visa?  Yes!  It's all about money. It always has been. It's just a matter of how much.

8 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

But you do.  

Would you like me to arrange for you to brief your local Imm. guys. 

26 minutes ago, rabas said:

Yes but, be wary - this is a very short summary of a meeting (?) by an anonymous Chan 7 news writer. AND, Immigration has already just now announced the new retirement and marriage deposit rules. 800k/6mo and 400h/6mo. So I would wait for real rules to be published before I get divorced. He my well be talking about the existing new rules and the reporter garbled it.

Where did you get those figures from? They are certainly not in any police order I have seen on TVF.

Just read your reply to another poster. You are specifically referring to retirement extensions yet your post implies changes to marriage extensions which hasn't happened. 400k in the bank for marriage extension has not changed.

58 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

No you are missing the point entirely like most other members here on TV.

It is not about filtering good from bad.

It is about complete removal.

so when are you leaving before the men in white coats come for you?

1 hour ago, PREM-R said:

The Thai Visa member who posts as 'Love Thailande Lite' got into a spat with Ubon Joe a few days ago regarding just such a proposal.  LTL said that a new 'law' would be announced on 22nd April (I think that was the date he stated),Joe suggested that he felt there was no change in the works.... and now this.  Maybe LTL was right, I hope not.

There is a whole raft of measures coming and particularly for those attempting to live here on tourist visas/visa exempt entry's. People simply don't want to believe it. Why do you think the London Thai Embassy has held off on implementing the new online visa application system until May?  BJ only needs to come up with the measures of stopping what is portrayed on social media on a daily basis, as ways too circumvent the immigration system. That is his job. The Malaysian bond style system has been spoken about at length at committee meetings for the last 18 months. That is very likely to come in to effect over the next 5 years but most likely in stages. 

28 minutes ago, rabas said:

ND, Immigration has already just now announced the new retirement and marriage deposit rules. 800k/6mo and 400h/6mo.

So where did this come from or see it? Like I was thinking for the 400k. Seems only natural they would do it this way

I think a lot of you guys made a mistake by burning bridges back home. Have any of you gave it a 2 second thought that you are moving to a third world country? All I hear from some people how UK, US or whatever is bad because it's a nanny state and you have to pay council tax. Come on, Thailand can be a nice place but it will never be your place. Are people really that naive. Always have a backup plan and only invest in your own country. One of the stupidest advice I hear here is only invest what you can afford to lose. Yeah sure....that's how Warren Buffet got rich, by being stupid.

3 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

There is a whole raft of measures coming and particularly for those attempting to live here on tourist visas/visa exempt entry's. People simply don't want to believe it. Why do you think the London Thai Embassy has held off on implementing the new online visa application system until May?  BJ only needs to come up with the measures of stopping what is portrayed on social media on a daily basis, as ways too circumvent the immigration system. That is his job. The Malaysian bond style system has been spoken about at length at committee meetings for the last 18 months. That is very likely to come in to effect over the next 5 years but most likely in stages. 

O please they are in no way trying to improve things....Every change for years now is showing farangs the exit.....Hell the one small positive change the online 90 day reports was not functioning for years and is still not fully functional....

You know this is piss in the wind the minute you see the word 'new stamps'.

Most technically advanced countries dispensed with 'stamps'.

But then again, most countries don't track visitors on Win 95

Oh well, at least he's trying...

Just now, fforest1 said:

O please they are in no way trying to improve things....Every change for years now is showing farangs the exit.....Hell the one small positive change the online 90 day reports was not functioning for years and is still not fully functional....

You have 2 choices. Comply with Immigration or leave. People crying and whinging will not change it. The positive changes are good for those can and will comply and for Thailand in it how intends to move forward and to operate it's immigration policy.
It is 2019, not 1981 any longer.

I love these threads, BJ says some ambiguous comment and its interpretation morphs into the imminent deportation of all Falangs. I do notice from this and other thread postings, that most of the doomsayers have since left Thailand or never been long term here anyway. Could it be a touch of jealousy/ resentment that things didn’t work out for them that they want/ wish these self invented scare stories become reality

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

31 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Where did you get those figures from? They are certainly not in any police order I have seen on TVF.

Just read your reply to another poster. You are specifically referring to retirement extensions yet your post implies changes to marriage extensions which hasn't happened. 400k in the bank for marriage extension has not changed.

Yes, but it is an announcement about very near future intended changes, so what is the difference ?

No DETAILS actually  announced but Thaigeezers already going into melt-down over it.

Just another day on the Internet folks- why not wait and see what may ACTUALLY occur instead of the ritualistic wiling and beating of chests.

4 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

The positive changes are good for those can and will comply

Exactly,

one may will/is able to comply now, but  not necessary with the next amendements of the rules.

It is a personal matter what each of us is willing to undergo or/and able to futfill. 

11 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

You have 2 choices. Comply with Immigration or leave. People crying and whinging will not change it. The positive changes are good for those can and will comply and for Thailand in it how intends to move forward and to operate it's immigration policy.
It is 2019, not 1981 any longer.

Depends when you have to make the choice...just when the "Now you see 'em now you don't" goalposts change once again to make life intolerable and you have to get on the bus.

About 50% of the "farangs" in my area have departed.No tourists are coming anymore-and,more to the point, very few have turned up as "reinstoushments" (Aussie military slang) and those who remain are generally over 70 and too old,too tired or too sick to travel.

I agree with your glimpse into the future by the way-but without the happy ending which you seem to imply-for how do you know?

Maybe the sham Indian marriages causes this focus on marriage visa requirements and they are not so much looking at the farang population but trying to plug a future hole of South-East Asian/Africans abusing the system....BJs focus was quite explicit about who they want to get out and from which regions.

50 minutes ago, Artisi said:

That bridge will be crossed if  and when it has to be … until then I will keep enjoying life and leave all the worries to all those with nothing to do.

While on the subject, have any one of those crying about 'what' might happen, got off their arse and visited the local immigration office and asked directly what is going on or likely to happen -- any yes's out there?  

How dare you-that's NOT how Thaigeezers work.????

I echo your comments wholeheartedly.

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

About 50% of the "farangs" in my area have departed.No tourists are coming anymore-and,more to the point, very few have turned up as "reinstoushments" (Aussie military slang) and those who remain are generally over 70 and too old,too tired or too sick to travel.

I'd be more interested in knowing what 50% actually means - there were 2 and now there's 1, or something else?  Where is "my area"?

Archived