Big Joke: Promises easier, faster and more "watertight" Immigration rules

webfact

3 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Maybe I'm deluded but at least I don't suffer from chronic paranoia. BJ is just trying to eradicate all the expats who acquire their extensions illegally or through the back door. The problem is in doing so they are  inadvertently going to tread on the toes of the expats who's applications are legal and above board.  

Its naughty school kid syndrome. One kid misbehaves and doesn't own up so the whole class gets punished.  

No you are missing the point entirely like most other members here on TV.

It is not about filtering good from bad.

It is about complete removal.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, freedomnow said:

800k needed for marriage extensions may split up some couples next, as they probably won't be gradndfathered in at old 400k rate. This guy just does not let up.

Hate to say I told you so.  But...I told you so.  

Anyone want to continue mocking me now?

What visa changes happen or dont happen remains to be seen..But pretty much every visa change for years now has been for the worst.....And to make matters worse the word ''Grandfathering'' seems to be as extinct as the DoDo bird...The real question is what is how far do they really want to take all this?  

30 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Many of the ones who can still obtain a L.o.I. from their embassy, aren't at all. 

Addendum :

So far. 

LOL. The income method!  Why on earth do you think that will be maintained? It now requires actually work on behalf of immigration to check the details.  So for that reason alone it will be done away with.

15 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

wife gave me a rough translation regarding marriage and business visas/extension of stay:

800K in the bank for 6 months before application

quote from channel 7:

i guess that will stem the flow of retirees to marriage visas.

the hits keep on coming..

400,000 baht to 800,00 baht increase is ridiculous and preposterous. This is like handing down a death sentence for most in the married or based on children or family.

So based on the translation below I would say they got the 800k wrong and it is 400k not being increased. And I would think the bank funds they will just make it so you can't touch it like the retirees have at the moment. For that, it is no problem for me. But if that is truly the increase, then we are eating some more than foul crow by this out of control guy. 

It translate to something like this from a good online translator.

The proposed amendment of the 1979 Act has three important ways: screening people who enter the country. Especially requesting to stay For raising children, spouses or even doing business In the past, there was a problem with the brokerage system and there was no fixed deposit in the account according to the 6-month condition. The credit limit was 800,000 baht. Without notifying your stay In the past, officials only warned, but in the revised edition of the Immigration Act There will be an increase in penalties for the shelter without notice.

1 minute ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Big Joke seems to equate poor = bad and rich = good.  I guess it never occurred to him that a successful criminal might have no trouble showing enough money!

Wonder if Police clearance from home country is coming next for in country extensions.

6 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

What visa changes happen or dont happen remains to be seen..But pretty much every visa change for years now has been for the worst.....And to make matters worse the word ''Grandfathering'' seems to be as extinct as the DoDo bird...The real question is what is how far do they really want to take all this?  

You haven't been getting my memos have you?

The end point is your removal.

They can't just tell us to leave.  Too much bad publicity.

What they can do is make is logistically impossible for any of us to stay.

40 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Easier, faster and more watertight =

• 30 day reporting with full finger printing and facial scan on each occasion

Well you just forgot the urine and blood samples, with goes together with a mandatory drug test.

The medical history of the past 25 years.

A police record notarized by your embassy no older than 6 months.

A full list of all your social media accounts and e-mail adresses which will be verified at the spot.

In case of travelling, keeping all receipts of bus/boat/plane and taxis, as well as accommodation receipts for at least the length of your current visa. To facilitate the progress Tuk-Tuk and Songteaw are excluded if you can prove there was none of the other transport facilities available at time of travel.

Oh I could go on, but I'm too busy packing, Saturday morning I'm out. ???? 

5 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

400,000 baht to 800,00 baht increase is ridiculous and preposterous. This is like handing down a death sentence for most in the married or based on children or family.

Yes.  That is their intention.

If you think otherwise you are entirely deluded.

I'm sure they will nail the regional exeption way of 'no show money' method for marriage visas that is known soon as well. That consulate seems to be getting deluged by applicants of all sorts now as a side effect of Vientiane's online booking system being tied up by those consulate agents. Queues were cleared there after the first hour before, just walk up to the window....not now by the looks of things.

12 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

and after 800k for marriage, will it be 1.6 and 3.0 down the line as there is no correlation for inflation...a doubling overnight ?

My prediction is that they will increase the 800k to 3m at some point beyond the current changes. Why? This is what was the investment visa requirement was until they scrapped it. It was presumably felt to be too low and was a threshold literally anybody in EU/US who sold a house could qualify for. SO by the same token 3m is a threshold for non 'falang kii nok'  retirees.

Why did they lower age from 65 to 5t5/50?My guess is because they realised those who retire on big pensions (e.g US govt service) can/do retire at 50/55 and those who retire at 65 are on SS. So lowering the age was to get better  retirees not necessarily more retirees.

Just now, Khaeng Mak said:

Why on earth do you think that will be maintained?

I only hope, I used it personally for the last 15 years. 

But I am conscious everything can change here, 400 can become 500000, 800 can become 1000000 and many other things. 

But one can't live permanently in the state of being afraid of something which may eventually happen. 

However I transfer already for 15+ years monthly 2000 Euro from Belgium to Thailand as I "need" so much. 

Will see what will happen, in the meantime I did my extension last January, so I am OK for another year. 

I hope. 

12 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

and after 800k for marriage, will it be 1.6 and 3.0 down the line as there is no correlation for inflation...a doubling overnight ?

Hell quit screwing around just make it 20 or 50 million  and Big Joke could finally get rid of all the pesky farang all at once... 

56 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Easier, faster and more watertight =

• 1.6 million baht on deposit for 12 months for retirement extension
  • 800K baht on deposit for 12 months for wedding extension
  • 30 day reporting with full finger printing and facial scan on each occassion
  • 10K baht fine for not doing TM30 report (payable by foreigner on next extension application)
  • Compulsory medical insurance payable to agent at each immigration office. No choice of providers
  • New stamps that will burn a full page in your passport, not just half a page like the previous ones.

How do you know ? you have no proof of it ; " Kaeng mak " ! are you sure ? 

14 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

You haven't been getting my memos have you?

The end point is your removal.

They can't just tell us to leave.  Too much bad publicity.

What they can do is make is logistically impossible for any of us to stay.

I stated this before, in a previous thread......but you're spot on, its better to push us out, not throw us out.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1081942-survey-will-the-new-financial-requirements-force-you-to-leave/?do=findComment&comment=13805149

You're never gonna convince me that people on retirement and marriage visas present a substantial risk of criminal behavior to Thailand. But Big Joke keeps acting otherwise.

The older people generally become, the less likely they are to be engaged in criminal behavior . Married people commit fewer crimes than unmarried people. Don't they teach this in Thailand's police academies?

16 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Well..Khaeng Mak you are certainly laying it on the line..however,I agree with you.

It's been perfectly obvious since a certain event in 2014 and It is gathering momentum now...

I watch it from afar having departed with my savings relatively intact,communicate with my friends who still reside there as "guests", and watch 'em play "Let's move the goalposts" on a weekly basis.

My conclusion has always been that those who are "farang"-or posing as such-and repetitively state that all is well have skin in the game.

22 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

So based on the translation below I would say they got the 800k wrong and it is 400k not being increased. And I would think the bank funds they will just make it so you can't touch it like the retirees have at the moment. For that, it is no problem for me. But if that is truly the increase, then we are eating some more than foul crow by this out of control guy. 

It translate to something like this from a good online translator.

The proposed amendment of the 1979 Act has three important ways: screening people who enter the country. Especially requesting to stay For raising children, spouses or even doing business In the past, there was a problem with the brokerage system and there was no fixed deposit in the account according to the 6-month condition. The credit limit was 800,000 baht. Without notifying your stay In the past, officials only warned, but in the revised edition of the Immigration Act There will be an increase in penalties for the shelter without notice.

Yes but, be wary - this is a very short summary of a meeting (?) by an anonymous Chan 7 news writer. AND, Immigration has already just now announced the new retirement and marriage deposit rules. 800k/6mo and 400h/6mo. So I would wait for real rules to be published before I get divorced. He my well be talking about the existing new rules and the reporter garbled it.

38 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Wait and see. On some part I wouldn't put it past him/them to level the building blocks for all foreigner as it may be seen as just that, a business thing, and a win win for the banks as it gives them free capital to work with on our expense.

But on the most it would seem like a mistake as an increase of 100% as the amount is a lot of money by anyone's standards especially for the Thai who it is a k**** ransom. 

38 minutes ago, impulse said:

That's what every group says just before their method of staying tightens up...

That bridge will be crossed if  and when it has to be … until then I will keep enjoying life and leave all the worries to all those with nothing to do.

While on the subject, have any one of those crying about 'what' might happen, got off their arse and visited the local immigration office and asked directly what is going on or likely to happen -- any yes's out there?  

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

While on the subject, have any one of those crying about 'what' might happen, got off their arse and visited the local immigration office and asked directly what is going on or likely to happen -- any yes's out there?  

Actually it seems many have asked and it is a case of the desk staff not knowing or interpretations varying depending on which IO is asked/which office asked at. HTH

Archived