Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Patong Police investigate taxi drivers beating up a tourist

webfact

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Benroon said:

He got a kicking because AFTER he agreed a 300 baht fee with the driver, en route he told the tuk tuk driver to stop at Burger King

Every time I take a taxi to Don Muang or Suvarnabhumi, I ask the driver to pull up someplace where I can buy a beer. Never had a problem.

9 hours ago, thai006 said:

i just blame the stupid tourist , respect thai people and they will respect you :=) 

It’s the ”stupid tourist” some put food on your tabel and pay your bills your childrens school ++++. 

10 hours ago, thai006 said:

i just blame the stupid tourist , respect thai people and they will respect you :=) 

Respect is something people deserve and this bunch of cowards doesnt seem to be deserving mine.

Thais know that they can get away with this kind of beating without a penalty or with 500 baht and a wei.

Remember the guy kicked in the face on front of the police station in pattaya and in front of police? He didnt even get a fine. Thais get worse and worse every year. Just nasty now. I wish I had never bought a condo in Thailand.

Of course, if there were a proper meter system in place that was used properly, instead of individual fare negotiation, this kind of thing might not happen.

oh, but that would mean fleecing of tourists on fares would have to stop. Easier just to hand out a kicking every now and then to make sure tourists fall in line.

He negotiated the fee of 300 baht to get taken back to his hotel, but also wanted to stop at Burger King to get a meal, when arriving at the hotel the driver wanted 500 baht, that's when the trouble started, for 200 baht extra, greed over courtesy, and as Tuk Tuk's don't have metres, the driver should have said if I stop, it's going to be extra, but no, he tried him on for size, with 5 other no hopers of course, usual 500 baht fine and a wai and the matter is over, I would imagine.

When will people learn, do not use these clowns, walking is better and money in your pocket then the mafia's, starve I say.

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/patong-taxi-driver-suspects-arrested-after-ganging-up-and-beating-a-tourist

These groups of mindless thugs are everywhere not only Thailand.

in the west these groups who beat minorities to a pulp are called white supremesist nazis

In the Middle East these types are called isis extremist jihadis 

here they are called taxi drivers

13 hours ago, Benroon said:

So you can all put your anti thai <deleted> back in the box - I would have done the same if someone tried to take the piss out of me ! 

damn. kudos to the taxi drivers for being as classy as you

13 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

would you have beat the shit out of the whole family? or just the man?

......from the mentality of his comments, I suspect that he would have bravely attacked him from the safety of his keyboard!

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

Thais know that they can get away with this kind of beating without a penalty or with 500 baht and a wei.

Remember the guy kicked in the face on front of the police station in pattaya and in front of police? He didnt even get a fine. Thais get worse and worse every year. Just nasty now. I wish I had never bought a condo in Thailand.

I hear you soistalker. Its a shocking place nowadays and nothing like the country I fell in love with 20 odd years ago, Im on my way out too.

Mob rule totally out of order.

Every time I see this its almost as if they are trying to prove themselves to the other thugs in the group similar to how small uneducated mindless idiots might think

11 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

This crap doesn’t happen in Malaysia because the drivers would get serious prison time, rather than fine prolly equivalent to a couple of days takings....pathetic.

Yes it does. Mate of mine got kicking in Malaysia from a taxi driver and his mates, right across from Sunway hotel. Taxi driver thought my mate was pissed so tried to cheat him on the fare. When the argument escalated my mate got out the taxi to walk the last 50m to the hotel. The driver shouted on a few other guys who beat the shit out of him. So yes it does happen in Malaysia. 

14 hours ago, Benroon said:

He got a kicking because AFTER he agreed a 300 baht fee with the driver, en route he told the tuk tuk driver to stop at Burger King so he could place an order for his entire family, the tuk tuk driver reasonably said as he would have to wait a considerable time he would add 200 baht to the fee. OR he could just leave him at Burger King for the 300.

The TOURIST then told him to <deleted> off he wouldn't pay it at which point it kicked off

So you can all put your anti thai <deleted> back in the box - I would have done the same if someone tried to take the piss out of me ! 

And being such a brave man, you would have got all your mates to help you.

12 hours ago, thai006 said:

And if they respect us, we will respect them. It's a two-way street.....not just us doing the giving.

20 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Just read the whole story.  There was a mother and child present in the attacked group also.

That’s too bad. You only had to read the first two sentences of this thread above to learn that. 

Archived