Police Put Under Pressure On Russian Murder Case

thaigerd

From today's BANGKOK POST:

Police put under pressure on Russian murder case

By Jerdsak Saengthongcharoen

Acting national police chief Seripisuth Temiyavej yesterday warned Pattaya police their jobs are on the line unless the whole of a crime gang connected to the slaying of two Russian women tourists at Jomtien beach last Saturday are brought to justice.

Pol Gen Seripisuth said police must arrest all of those involved in the killings, or they would be held accountable.

The acting national police chief will visit the city today (Saturday) to assess progress in the investigation into the murders of the tourists, Tatiana Tsimfer, 30 and Liubov Svirkova, 25.

The victims, who arrived in Pattaya on Feb 16, were on a package tour. They checked into a hotel near the spot on the beach where they were found dead in their deckchairs.

"I cannot accept it if the investigative team fails to arrest the real perpetrators. The police are obliged to keep the town in order and prevent crime, shootings, killings and robberies.

"I will promote those whose work meets my expectations, but I will show no mercy to any officer who cannot bring the criminals to court," Pol Gen Seripisuth said. The acting national police chief was directing his warning to Pol Lt-Gen Assawin Kwanmuang, chief of Provincial Police Bureau 2, in the event that Anuchit Lamlert, a 24-year-old suspect who was arrested on Thursday, turned out to be a scapegoat.

He believed a transnational crime syndicate might have a hand in the murder, so Pol Lt-Gen Assawin needed to ensure none of them escaped punishment.

The acting police chief stressed it was necessary to restore order in Pattaya to prevent the town from being a breeding ground for transnational criminal gangs.

Meanwhile, police said they still doubted if robbery was the motive behind the killings. The suspect said he tried to rob the two women, and had been forced to kill them when they shouted for help.

But judging by the brutal act, it was hard to believe that robbery was his motive, police said.

Mr Anuchit told police investigators he went into hiding in tambon Kao Maikaew of Bang Lamung district before his former girlfriend, Nongluck Sudta, 21, notified the police.

Ms Nongluck told police Mr Anucha came to her apartment telling her that he had just shot two people and needed a place to stay for a few hours.

Ms Nongluck, who is a cashier at the Hollywood Discotheque in Pattaya, said she decided to go to the police to clear herself of any links to the case.

Police confiscated a motorcycle Mr Anuchit said he used in the crime and a gun which was sold to his friend in Bang Lamung district for 900 baht.

Mr Anuchit is wanted for robbery in a case involving foreign tourists two months ago and has a history of drug abuse.

Big coincidence that the National Police chief has been down Jomtien this morning and all along Jomtien at fairly regular intervals there have been police waving the white offence books about…of course just for show as I saw many people just riding past without helmets…Police are just a big show in Pattaya

I really believe that the Police don’t really understand their job description in Pattaya anymore…just a collection agency really

:o

Maybe Arnold Schwartzenegger will be available to clean things up after he finishes his California governer gig? He could buy out Tony's enterprises, beat up the criminals, and save the day!

foto110.jpg

Edited by Jingthing