TM30 for my self when I own a condo

Hi@all,

I do not get any propper information about my case, so I need to ask specifically:

Case 1I travel to BKK every 2-3 months for 2-3 months. I travel on a Multiple Non-O and stay in my own condo (chanote in name).

Questions:

1. Do I need to send a TM30 form to immigration?

2. If I have to, do I need to do it one time or everytime?

Case 2: Then 2x a year whilst in Thailand I travel from BKK to Samui, stay in my house (building permit in my name - for land have a leasing contract) for 2-3 weeks.

Questions (same)

1. Do I need to send a TM30 for this to immigration?

2. If I have to, do I need to do it one time or everytime?

I not stay more then 90 days in Thailand, I not live there, I not married there, I never do extensions etc. like all case i read here which are different to mine.

Some answers would be appreciated. Thx

Ye- just register online. Once you are set up it takes abut a minute. Some bits of the address need to be in thai so get some one to help you the first time.

Edited by Psimbo
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, OKF said:

Since when can I register online in BKK or Samui? Also it does not really anser my questions

You probably can’t. That system is set up for hotels/guesthouses etc. who need to register with immigration to be able to make reports online. Some offices will allow private landlords to register.

1 hour ago, OKF said:

Case 1I travel to BKK every 2-3 months for 2-3 months. I travel on a Multiple Non-O and stay in my own condo (chanote in name).

Questions:

1. Do I need to send a TM30 form to immigration?

By law someone — probably you as the owner — should report every arrival/stay at that property. However, CW only seem bothered about these reports when processing extension applications. So as long as your not planning to apply for an extension immigration are unlikely to be able to fine you.

The max fine is 2,000 baht; usually they charge 800/1,600 baht.

2. If I have to, do I need to do it one time or everytime?

By law, yes. But the enforcement of the law varies between offices.

The same applies to your visits to Samui.

I wouldn’t bother making any reports if I were you, but just be aware that you can be fined. There are no other consequences.

Edited by elviajero

Thx for your reply.

What I can tell you is that in December Immigration put up a checkpoint at the entrance at my (many units) condo in BKK and checked all ppl going in and out and if you could proove you live in your own condo all was fine. Other farang that lived there and did not own (incl. family mbrs of a farang owner) where no TM30 was filed got fined.

As the rules keep spinning and changing I am asking here now. In my opinion, if you farang and own the place where you stay there should be no need to register. However no clear and sustainable rules in T. and that is why I ask. I go Samui after arriving in BKK soon and also do a few days in a hotel i Phangan...

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, I was going to start a new thread but my question is exactly the same, so I just wondered if there had been any updated information? 
My question is the same as the person who started this thread - do I need a TM30 as I live in a condo that I own? 
The answer seems to be 'yes' - if so, could anyone help me with how to register? 
So, I registered here:  https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG
I submitted it, and they sent me a confirmation email. 
It says 'Please click here to confirm your email address'. 
When I click, it takes me to the login page and asked for my name and password. 
BUT
When I registered, I didn't choose or create a password ?!
So, what password are they looking for? 

If anyone has done this, please explain!
Thanks!

1 minute ago, jadee said:

Hi everyone, I was going to start a new thread but my question is exactly the same, so I just wondered if there had been any updated information? 
My question is the same as the person who started this thread - do I need a TM30 as I live in a condo that I own? 
The answer seems to be 'yes' - if so, could anyone help me with how to register? 
So, I registered here:  https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG
I submitted it, and they sent me a confirmation email. 
It says 'Please click here to confirm your email address'. 
When I click, it takes me to the login page and asked for my name and password. 
BUT
When I registered, I didn't choose or create a password ?!
So, what password are they looking for? 

If anyone has done this, please explain!
Thanks!

When you register and it’s accepted, immigration issue a password.

19 minutes ago, elviajero said:

When you register and it’s accepted, immigration issue a password.

And then the first time you log in with that Immigration-issued password, their system prompts you to pick a new password of your own choosing before proceeding any further.

On the broader question, if you're a foreigner residing in Thailand, as best as I understand it, the TM30 is required when you arrive back in the country from a trip outside Thailand, or when you stay elsewhere in Thailand other than where you're already registered.

So moving from BKK to Samui would technically require a TM30 reporting. BKK CW Immigration clearly is enforcing the TM30 rule when people go for their annual extensions (you'd better have an up to date TM30 receipt with you when you go). But I have no idea whether Samui is strictly enforcing the TM30 rule or not.

Lastly, AFAIK, the TM30 rule applies whether the foreigner is staying in a rented residence or in an owned residence.... Although, technically, if you're staying in a rented residence (apartment, hotel, etc.), the filing requirement also falls on the owner of the residence (Thai or farang).  But if the owner doesn't file a TM30 for you and you end up going to BKK CW Immigration without one, you'll face getting fined regardless.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK