TM30 - required for Permanent Resident?

I'm going to ask the local Immigration Office in Maptaput to hopefully get official (!) confirmation, but would appreciate some initial input from the TV experts....

I have Permanent Resident status; am listed in my wife's Tabaen Baan; and have lived in that house for some 10 years (this is the registered address in both the Immigration PR Registration Book and the Police Alien Book).  

I'm assuming that I/my wife do not have to submit any TM30 report - is this correct???

Tks & BRs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, glegolo said:

No, but maybe you or your wife have to report TM30 still, if you have visitors???

That is not what he was asking about.

If a non Thai visitor stayed long enough to need do do something at immigration their might be a need to do a TM30 report for them.

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You or your wife do not have to any reporting to immigration since you have permanent residency.

The reporting is only for those on a temporary permit to stay.

Great -  thanks UbonJoe (that was my assumption but appreciate the confirmation)

BRs 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not what he was asking about.

If a non Thai visitor stayed long enough to need do do something at immigration their might be a need to do a TM30 report for them.

Yes exactly, THAT is what I did wrote....

glegolo

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ozmeldo said:

As one PR resident told me years ago, what are they going to do? Can't kick me out.

As-is, the only time anyone needs to comply with the TM-30 reporting/fines is if one needs something from an immigration office, as this is the only point of enforcement.  Entry/Exit points do not currently enforce TM-28, TM-30, or 90-day reports.

2 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

As one PR resident told me years ago, what are they going to do? Can't kick me out.

Yes they can!

Permanent Residence (PR) gives the holder permission to live in the country indefinitely, but it can be revoked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Yes they can!

Permanent Residence (PR) gives the holder permission to live in the country indefinitely, but it can be revoked.

That's right. It's important for permanent residents to read the small print. Committing crimes and not being able to support yourself are among the reasons they can use for revoking it.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

A bit late to the party, TM30 by-passed me a bit in the belief it would not greatly affect someone with PR status, but looking into it a bit more now it does not seem that simple.

Ubon Joe and glegolo stated previously in this thread that PR holders did not have to file TM30. In other sources (links at the bottom) i see the same confirmed, but one source stated the legal requirement does apply for PR holders, but it was not enforced by Immigration (at the time/currently).

• a) Can someone confirm the actual requirement for PR holders? Is there an official document/link to immigration source?

Added questions that i can see right now:

• b) if a PR holder stays with Thai friends in other provinces then do they have to file a TM30?
  • c) If a tourist friend from abroad stayed in the condo owned by the PR holder then would the PR have to file a TM30 for the friend?

Thanks

Links

9 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

but one source stated the legal requirement does apply for PR holders

This source is wrong, somebody with PR does not need to be reported

11 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

a) Can someone confirm the actual requirement for PR holders? Is there an official document/link to immigration source?

http://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/thai-immigration-act-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-sections-34-39/

Section 38

10 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

b) if a PR holder stays with Thai friends in other provinces then do they have to file a TM30?

No, because a TM30 is not required for people with PR

11 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

c) If a tourist friend from abroad stayed in the condo owned by the PR holder then would the PR have to file a TM30 for the friend?

Yes

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

a) Can someone confirm the actual requirement for PR holders? Is there an official document/link to immigration source?

Nothing under "Chapter 4 Temporary Stay in the Kingdom" applies to those with permanent residency. Sections 34 to 39 are under that chapter. TM30 reporting is in section 38.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Nothing under "Chapter 4 Temporary Stay in the Kingdom" applies to those with permanent residency. Sections 34 to 39 are under that chapter. TM30 reporting is in section 38.

Thanks ubonjoe! If i understand correctly, then chapter 38 is relevant for me not as PR, but as property owner, should i wish to accommodate any non-PR aliens. In that case i would have to file TM30 for them. That seems the legal requirement - but i am not sure that is actually needed/enforced/required in daily reality, if it was only a tourist friend staying over for a few days?

25 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

Thanks ubonjoe! If i understand correctly, then chapter 38 is relevant for me not as PR, but as property owner, should i wish to accommodate any non-PR aliens. In that case i would have to file TM30 for them. That seems the legal requirement - but i am not sure that is actually needed/enforced/required in daily reality, if it was only a tourist friend staying over for a few days?

You are only responsible for reporting your guests.

Unless they needed to something at immigration there would be need to do the TM30 report for them.