Compulsory health insurance

Those two are one of the companies now set up for the non-ox visa issued by embassies and official consulates that became available over a year and a half ago. See: https://longstay.tgia.org/  Source: https://thaiembdc.org/non-immigrant-visa-category-o-x-long-stay/

The only new insurance mentioned was for OA long stay visas that are also issued by embassies and consulates but that has not been approved yet.

• Like 2

I think you will find they are for the O-X 10 year visa, that already requires insurances. If they do bring in mandatory insurance for other visa's or extensions, it would probably be similar packages.

Edited by Peterw42

I spoke to a IO the other day.  I asked him what about mandatory health Insurance  for retired and married falangs.

He said ,NO, for the future.

Given the diversity in facts at every Imm Office ,just gonna have to wait and see 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

So if it was brought in that you had to have insurance , what would happen if you are to old to get it? sent packing ,leaving your wife and kids behind , after say 15 years here?

At least 2 of Thai insurances part of this scheme provide offers up to 100 yo!

How old are you to be "too old to get an insurance" ?

BTW, those who say they are "too old" to get an health insurance usually mean "not rich enough"... :mellow:

I'm sure that it will come, but I'm equally hopeful that some arrangements may well be put in place to mitigate the cost for older expats.  For example, maybe paying an annual fee, say 20,000 Bhat per year, to qualify to access basic free care at public hospitals, or instead of 800K in the bank for an extension, say 1.5 million in the bank to help to pay for emergency care.  If it is just a straight 'you have to have a health policy with those snake sin the insurance industry', for me at my age, I would leave. 

4 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

At least 2 of Thai insurances part of this scheme provide offers up to 100 yo!

How old are you to be "too old to get an insurance" ?

BTW, those who say they are "too old" to get an health insurance usually mean "not rich enough"... :mellow:

Not so, I was last quoted 30,000 per month for a basic health policy. and I am fit with no pre existing health conditions. 

1 hour ago, riclag said:

I spoke to a IO the other day.  I asked him what about mandatory health Insurance  for retired and married falangs.

He said ,NO, for the future.

Given the diversity in facts at every Imm Office ,just gonna have to wait and see 

yea right, like they know anything about the future rules, or even the present ones. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Not so, I was last quoted 30,000 per month for a basic health policy. and I am fit with no pre existing health conditions. 

Can't imagine Thailand insisting every type of foreign visitor to Thailand has health insurance, they'd have no Chinese or Indian tourists. If they insist it on your existing class of VISA having insurance, just choose another VISA and maybe spend a bit less time here.

Just got holiday insurance for 3 weeks touring Asia (from AXA online starting/ending trip in Thailand), 631bht.

Edited by BritManToo

Between my former employer (65%) and myself (35%) we pay 350000 THB a year for me and my first daughter. I pay about 100000 for a 4MBahts hospital plan for my wife and second daughter. No complaints about that as it matches the kind of coverage I have had all my life.

But what pisses me off, is that, with the corny corrupt ways they have here I might have to pay anothe 80000 for some useless cover I don't need at all.

• Sad 1