True Vision

sobe

Is True Vision in Pattaya Real HDTV ? Does the box have and HDMi output ? Need to find the best cable setup for the LCD's in the house and I am not sure True Vision really brings true HDTV and HD-movies to your home and have a way of getting them to your LCD's digital like with HDMI . Thanks in advance .

Is True Vision in Pattaya Real HDTV ? Does the box have and HDMi output ? Need to find the best cable setup for the LCD's in the house and I am not sure True Vision really brings true HDTV and HD-movies to your home and have a way of getting them to your LCD's digital like with HDMI . Thanks in advance .

HDTV??? In Pattaya?

Are u serious?

There is no hdtv being broadcast at all in Thailand, on top of it ubc (truevision) uses quite high compression so you get hefty pixelation in fast moving scenes...

The only hdtv programming available in Thailand is this channel

You would need to find your own hdtv capable receiver box and aim the dish to the eutelsat w5 dird (70.5 degrees east)

There is no hdtv being broadcast at all in Thailand, on top of it ubc (truevision) uses quite high compression so you get hefty pixelation in fast moving scenes...

The only hdtv programming available in Thailand is this channel

You would need to find your own hdtv capable receiver box and aim the dish to the eutelsat w5 dird (70.5 degrees east)

monty thanks for the information ......... LCD's are so cheap now it is a shame that broadcasting in local areas is so behind .... almost all the major networks and movie channels content is now exclusively Full 1080 HD .

...... are you saying that with true-vision even HBO and the movie channels are not HD ?

Edited by sobe

It's my understanding that the THAICOM satellites do not broadcast in HD, however if I am mistaken, someone please correct me as I would like to view HD satellite TV also.

5 years away! I have S. Africa Multichoice and that is 3 years away so just consider Thailand HDTV dream on

Yep, even hbo, cinemax, starmovies and all the other suspects are regular TV.

The receiver boxes distributed by UBC simply can't do HDTV, additionally they only have an RF out plug, a composite video and s-vhs video out...

Not even component out to hook up to a decent quality LCD/Plasma or projector :o

Yep, even hbo, cinemax, starmovies and all the other suspects are regular TV.

The receiver boxes distributed by UBC simply can't do HDTV, additionally they only have an RF out plug, a composite video and s-vhs video out...

Not even component out to hook up to a decent quality LCD/Plasma or projector :o

:D ditto

Edited by sobe

Might be off topic but..

Just came back to Thailand from work and found that true (UBC) menu is all in thai after the switch.

Anyone know how or if it is possible to have English menu?

Thanks! :o