Bringing cash out of Thailand, change here or abroad

sorry for bringing this up for the umpteenth time

am in hospital and pretty sick, dont have the power and capacity to search

how much cash can I bring out when leaving, I have TOR TOR 3 or FET as it is called now

its not much, 400 000 baht

should I change to NOK in Thailand or bring THB to Norway and change there?

Edited by melvinmelvin

Transfer to NOK here. You will get a much better rate plus you can hand carry unlimited foreign currency out of Thailand.

Cash over USD15,000 (or equivalent) must be declared on the way out, which is a simple and straightforward process.

Have a read of this:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

Transfer to NOK here. You will get a much better rate plus you can hand carry unlimited foreign currency out of Thailand.

Cash over USD15,000 (or equivalent) must be declared on the way out, which is a simple and straightforward process.

Have a read of this:

thanks very much, all I need

yes, I often use Vasu

19 hours ago, blackcab said:

Have a read of this:

Very helpful...thank you for posting.

"There are limits to the amount of currency you can carry into or out of Norway. This is currently set at 25,000 Norwegian Krone (about £2,500). If you bring any more than this into the country, you must declare it to Customs on arrival. "

Hi MelvinMelvin ... Thanks for posting your question. As I am researching a 'Plan B' many of the answers given to you from kind TV members will help me decide on which way to go about things should I decide to leave. Here is an open question to the forum. If you planned on leaving Thailand for the UK with THB 800,000 (or its equivalent in $US) would you (a) hand carry the 800,000 in Thai Baht or (b) hand carry the 800,000 in $US ... (after changing it from Baht into Dollars?) 

My reasoning is that the Thai authorities may prefer to keep their own currency in Thailand ... or wouldn't it matter? Ultimately everything will be changed into GBP sterling and I am thinking that each money changing transaction will reduce the end net worth. How right\wrong am I?

Thank you in advance for all who respond to this.    

3 hours ago, WildBillHiccup said:

Hi MelvinMelvin ... Thanks for posting your question. As I am researching a 'Plan B' many of the answers given to you from kind TV members will help me decide on which way to go about things should I decide to leave. Here is an open question to the forum. If you planned on leaving Thailand for the UK with THB 800,000 (or its equivalent in $US) would you (a) hand carry the 800,000 in Thai Baht or (b) hand carry the 800,000 in $US ... (after changing it from Baht into Dollars?) 

My reasoning is that the Thai authorities may prefer to keep their own currency in Thailand ... or wouldn't it matter? Ultimately everything will be changed into GBP sterling and I am thinking that each money changing transaction will reduce the end net worth. How right\wrong am I?

Thank you in advance for all who respond to this.    

Didn’t you take note of the answers provided above?

Transfer to your currency here and hand carry it out the country. Refer to Blackcabs comment.

do the exchange on the basement floor of the airport where the train is. ITs called Value + booth. they have the best rates guaranteed. I recently compared them to the other booths. Its known that this place has the best rates