Google And Thaivisa.com Launches Branded Email For Members

george

Google and Thaivisa.com launches branded email for members

BANGKOK: -- Google [GOOG] and Thaivisa.com have launched a branded email solution for its 42,000 members.

All members of thaivisa.com can now have a ThaiVisa branded email address powered by Google!

You will get a Thaivisa branded Gmail email account like [email protected], with 2 gigabytes of storage.

It's either a web mail (a la Gmail) or a full POP3/SMTP. Up to you!

For life!

1. Login/signup to our forum and click here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...4&MID=20382

2. Enter "Message Title": email

Just write "email" as text (we know what you mean!)

3. Your new Thaivisa.com email account login and password will be PM'ed to your forum account within 48 hours. You can change your own password later, of course.

4. When you are ready and got your login/password, please say hello and let us know here!

Book your name now! Have fun!

The Rules:

1. You must be logged in as a registered member to signup. Member name will be used as email address.

2. We reserve the right to refuse to register email addresses for whatever reason.

3. Spammers will be removed instantly and will be reported to SpamCop and ISP's.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign up and you get some answers. I have done some consultancy work for Google, and the mods and admins here have beta tested it for a year. The working name is "Google Apps". Now it's in production here.

Thanks George. I'm in digital marketing and I know that Google doesn't side up with anyone. Anyway, good for you and Thaivisa's readers. It's a good offer and one that will bring even more momentum to thaivisa... who should surely now consider having a strapline that communicates that it's not just about visa!!

cheers

I have done some consultancy work for Google...

Cool, just set up POP3 and SMTP and works great with Outlook.

Thanks thaivisa :o

Outlook? OUTLOOK? Try Firefox.....better...and safer!

Just a how to question!

How do you access once you have signed up. What is involved ( step by step) in setting up a pop3 or smtp?

Still learning :D

I hate to admit it but I use Thaivisa more as a news service, than a message board. Thanks to the guys that do that bis.

This is a gr8 idea and tks to all the staff who made it possible.

Edited by breconion

C'mon man! Firefox? Since when is that a email server?

C'mon, I know what you are thinking of and I do agree, and I'm letting you fill the blank,

you are talking about: ............

TV: Thanks for the ever expanding service. Great stuff.

Edited by kayo

Thanks George. I'm in digital marketing and I know that Google doesn't side up with anyone. Anyway, good for you and Thaivisa's readers. It's a good offer and one that will bring even more momentum to thaivisa... who should surely now consider having a strapline that communicates that it's not just about visa!!

cheers

Then I must be very famous too because I also have a co-branded Gmail account with my domain name.

Google has been giving away those services to 100,000 domain names already as a part of a big beta test. Next month, they will go into full production and it will be released to the public. You can sign-up already for it, but need to wait for approval, usually takes 2 or 3 days.

This is Google answer to Microsoft Live

Edited by BlackRain

if you donot need outlook, donot use it and if you do make at least sure that antivirus doesnt scan and clean the PST archive files: means potentially loosing years of email...

C'mon man! Firefox? Since when is that a email server?

C'mon, I know what you are thinking of and I do agree, and I'm letting you fill the blank,

you are talking about: ............

TV: Thanks for the ever expanding service. Great stuff.

This is your chance Chris.

Cheers Tony

Indeed, anybody with a decent website / domain name can signup for this service with google. We have it on one domain in the company for almost a year now. But still, hey, it's a good idea to use it for TV members (and who wouldn't be tempted to use a headline like: Google And Thaivisa.com Launch[es] Branded Email For Members)... :o:D It does sound bold, doesn't it ...

Regarding "Firefox" as email client, it's called Thunderbird and is from the same family than FF.

(Yeah, yeah, those geeks)

:D

Edited by Falux2

Just a how to question!

How do you access once you have signed up. What is involved ( step by step) in setting up a pop3 or smtp?

Still learning :D

When u sign up go to your settings and all the info is there, depending on the email client u use there may be an auto configuration tool, if not its still pretty simple to do manually.

One thing to note, in the help it tells u to use [email protected] for your email and logg in, don't do this, use [email protected].

Edited by mcfester

cheers

Then I must be very famous too because I also have a co-branded Gmail account with my domain name.

Google has been giving away those services to 100,000 domain names already as a part of a big beta test. Next month, they will go into full production and it will be released to the public. You can sign-up already for it, but need to wait for approval, usually takes 2 or 3 days.

This is Google answer to Microsoft Live

It's called Google Apps For Your Domain (GAFYD) - see http://www.google.com/a/

As Blackrain already pointed out, this is open to anyone who owns a domain name, I've also had a GDFYD account for months, nothing special for Thaivisa.

I'm curious to see how it will end. With the amount of spam in circulation email is one of the biggest problems for all hosting companies. I know Googles supposed business model but I doubt they will be able to continue giving a premium service like this away for free. Time will show I suppose.

Edited by Phil Conners

Thanks to admin et al for the great service.

It works well webbased (can log in with new PW etc.) but I have problems with POP3/SMTP on OE6 (get rejected user/PW)

I have already a gmail account which is working OK with OE6 and I'm familiar with the set-up requirements. re-entered the new account three times to make sure there are no typos, yet can't get it to work with neither the TV supplied PW nor the new one. I've got the port and SSL settings correct.

any idea what I'm doing wrong?

opalhort

I guess I've found the problem but have not been able to solve it.

I have gmail address [email protected] and now also [email protected] and it appears OE6 is confusing the accounts. now I also have POP3/SMTP problems with my original gmail account. only web-based everything is OK

Note: username is the same but PW is different

opalhort

It's called Google Apps For Your Domain (GAFYD) - see http://www.google.com/a/

As Blackrain already pointed out, this is open to anyone who owns a domain name, I've also had a GDFYD account for months, nothing special for Thaivisa.

I'm curious to see how it will end. With the amount of spam in circulation email is one of the biggest problems for all hosting companies. I know Googles supposed business model but I doubt they will be able to continue giving a premium service like this away for free. Time will show I suppose.

Have a look at the details: Thaivisa is offering this for _all_ members for free. Usually Google Apps is limited to max. 100 subscribers - and the premium service is 50US$ per account...

Anyway I am testing this as well at my private website and I am thinking of using it for our business as well, but I have some privacy issues with gmail.

No need to worry about privacy and all that, dude.

As said already, anyone who has a domain can get this service, without doing consultancy for the google gang or any "Thaivisa" attached to your address.

G-mail is cool, rather slow at times, but a standard bog account with TV admin looking over your shoulders is not the bees knees, man. :o

Google and Thaivisa.com launches branded email for members

BANGKOK: -- Google [GOOG] and Thaivisa.com have launched a branded email solution for its 42,000 members.

All members of thaivisa.com can now have a ThaiVisa branded email address powered by Google!

You will get a Thaivisa branded Gmail email account like [email protected], with 2 gigabytes of storage.

It's either a web mail (a la Gmail) or a full POP3/SMTP. Up to you!

For life!

George, Tks for signing me up, but my Name shows up twice (TunnelRat69 TunnelRat69) in the account info section, can you delete one of the names so it only shows up once, I tried to edit it myself but coudn't find anywhere to do it...........makes the From line look funny...............Thanx