Netflix Thailand

AAArdvark

On 4/3/2019 at 7:09 PM, SteveK said:

I've been using Netflix for several years now, including when in Thailand. It has been very useful, however there are some issues. As mentioned some content is not available in Thailand, but most is. I found Malaysia was far, far worse, loads of content was blocked. You can't get around it, even with a good paid-for VPN service, or at least I couldn't, they seem to know if you are on a VPN (I tried with nordvpn and tunnel bear to no avail), but you probably know more about this kind of thing than I do so YMMV.

My main gripe with Netflix, is that they very rarely get the triple-A Hollywood movies, but it seems to be packed with bargain-bin type movies you see at 7-11 for 99 baht. Combine that with the Netflix-produced specials, which are notoriously bad, then you quickly run out of content to watch unless you just want to watch box-sets like The Big Bang Theory, all of the Star Trek series, Black Mirror (one of Netflix's highlights), etc.

Amazon Prime is better, but again, a lot of the top movies are only watchable with a surcharge which kind of defeats the point.

The Netflix access might also be tagged with account admin details  (not sure).  I use nordvpn as well, and can access a full Netflix Canadian menu here in Thailand.  Very different (much better) than the Thai Netflix version content choices (with no VPN).