Toxic air lowers life expectancy by 20 months

JoePai

Sadly, if pollution was a top priority as is immigration change, something would be done.  Pollution is NOT important to the Thais that can do something about it, as demonstrated by their inaction.  Otherwise it would change. 

• Thanks 1

I watched the news from BBC last night and they talked about this. London is now introducing an ultra low emission zone charge on top of the existing congestion charge, charging older cars 12 pound 50 a day.

Apparently the small pollution particles are just as dangerous (if not more dangerous) than the large particles as they can pass through the lungs into the blood stream causing blood clots, dementia and maybe other diseases. Children are especially at risk as they are lower down and near the exhaust pipes of cars.

I think it is time to wear a face mask every day.

I have lived in Chiang Mai for 31 years now,why am I not dead,

wait till i pinch myself.........yes still here,but really something

urgently needs to be done about it,it's not an earthquake or

a flood that cannot be predicted,this happens EVERY YEAR,

it's a given, BUT still no one has a plan or gives a f£ck.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

Quality of life is surely suffering every single year of these people's lives. If something is so strong that it is able to kill off a human a few years early, just think how the person suffers and is ground down from it in earlier years.

You can mitigate the dangers of this haze by reducing your time outdoors, wearing a proper mask, exercising daily to keep your lungs healthy and for the idiots who still smoke here in Chaing Mai stop it NOW. Its not rocket science as I am sure that most of the ExPats dont spend most of their days in the great outdoors. Yeah, its bad out there but using some common sense will ensure that you dont put your health at risk.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app