I <deleted> up my visa run - What to do?

It doesn't hurt to try it in Vientiane. Chances are some guys outside the embassy (consular section) will sense your desperation and turn it into an opportunity. If that fails, you can still head to Savannakhet.

Edited by Caldera
Clarity

Guys, so i have a big update for you. I got to Laos, went to ambassy, which was closed but next to it probably around 10 agents offering me their services. From 1500 baht to 7000 baht and promising me, if ill give them my passport, they will provide me with visa done already on monday, some of them later like tuesday or Wednesday. So these agents exist and It really seems like legit business operation which must be acceptable by the ambassy. Its impossible to miss these agents. They have stands next to the doors and catching everyone who shows up there.

But i found big news, as one of you stated before - the stamps they gave u on border have numbers in them, so i went to check my passport and found out i did only once border run this calendar year and two last years. All agents here are telling me, that its not based by years, but maximum 3 border runs stamps per passport! They probably trying to scam me into paying them, but im still confused. Please dont laugh at me, i know i was so sure about doing it already twice this year, but based on the conversation with agents Im now even confused from myself, so please correct me if im wrong, but I sould be able to stay here one night and tomorrow cross border by van and fly from udon thani back to bangkok.

So i came to thailand last year:
Europe to bkk 20.8.2018 until 18.9.2018
Then extension until 18.10.2018
Then border run 18.10.2018 until 16.11.2018
Then extension until 16.12.2018
Then 16.12.2018 border run until 14.1.2019
Then extension until 13.2.2019
Then 4.2.2019 border run until 5.3.2019
Then extension until 4.4.2019
Now at Laos

So if I get right, I done two border runs last year and one border run this year, so it means i can calmly return tomorrow by van to border, drive to udon thani and from there fly to bangkok. Is that right?

If yes, im laughing at myself and feel ashamed that i took your time of trying to help me and in the end find out i was so stupid. But now im also confused becasue all agents telling me I have already 3 stamps in passport and i can have max 3 per passport. Thats not true, right?

Also, is it possible for me based on info i provided, just return tomorrow by plane and save one border run for later? Or its too much risk and I should definitely go by land and next time do proper visa by scheduling it online?

Guys also, thank you all for being very positive, helpful and patient. I feel ashamed and i guess i have another lesson from life to learn from. I wish i could pay you back somehow. Is there any way how i can support this forum? Even i missed flight and lost money on it, i still think i can spare a bit more, because everything u did for me is priceless. Thank you so much.

7 minutes ago, nickcapolla said:

So if I get right, I done two border runs last year and one border run this year, so it means i can calmly return tomorrow by van to border, drive to udon thani and from there fly to bangkok. Is that right?

That is correct.

It is 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year at land border crossings.

39 minutes ago, nickcapolla said:

Also, is it possible for me based on info i provided, just return tomorrow by plane and save one border run for later? Or its too much risk and I should definitely go by land and next time do proper visa by scheduling it online?

The fact that you've only done 1 land entry this year makes no/little difference with air entry so you're just as likely to succeed/be denied as you were when you thought you had 2.

With your In-Out history, I would recommend you use the land border to be on the safe side - Then, if you don't have any other options (Marriage/Retirement/TE) get an METV in your homeland before coming back which will give you approx 9 months stay in Thailand  

Guys, thank you so much. Now when i know also other people saw my history and told me i can be calm and enjoy laos, i feel so much better. Also thanks a lot for your time, it mean a lot to me. Anyway how to support this forum? 

Also, any tips what do do in Vientiane? Have a wonderful day everyone, i really dont know how to thank you for your time, kidness and tips. Much love, Nick

Btw took a line contact on one of these agents, so if anyone needs that, msg me!

Edited by nickcapolla
Added info

18 hours ago, nickcapolla said:

So i came to thailand last year:
Europe to bkk 20.8.2018 until 18.9.2018
Then extension until 18.10.2018
Then border run 18.10.2018 until 16.11.2018
Then extension until 16.12.2018
Then 16.12.2018 border run until 14.1.2019
Then extension until 13.2.2019
Then 4.2.2019 border run until 5.3.2019
Then extension until 4.4.2019
Now at Laos

High risk for denied entry. 8 months of continuous living in the Kingdom. You're not a tourist. 

• Like 2

On 4/4/2019 at 6:15 AM, nickcapolla said:

Thanks for your kindness. If i would get today to Savanakhet, Ill be not able to be there on time to get my visa done by tomorrow and fly back right? So going to Savanakhet means I have to spend there all weekend? If I go to Vientiane, i can spend there night since I already paid for a hotel, and buy tomorrow flight back to BKK and hope they will let me in? If not, Ill be in the same situation as now, but will waste even more money and time, right? What do you think its best for me? Im really clueless what to do. 

why are you so obsessed with flying? Just take a bus to Savannakhet, prepare money to show by book bank or statement from your bank back home, make the SETV and travel relaxed back. Now the air ticket prices are going crazy because of upcoming holiday. 

22 hours ago, sanemax said:

BTW , if you do go to Savanakhet to apply for a visa , you have to show a Thai bank statement with 20 000 Baht in , cannot be cash

But when you re-enter Thailand you may have to show 20k in CASH, a bank account is no good. LOL

On 4/4/2019 at 5:51 AM, nickcapolla said:

Guys, it couldn't get any worse than this. I miss my check in by 3min, bcs i was trying to figure out what to do. Seriously.... 

So now I cant even make it to get there lol. So wasted money for ticket and hotel. Very sweet. Now im stucked at DMK airport, hopeless and dont know what to do. 

If i fly somewhere, ill be prolly not able to do visa by tomorrow anyway. Isnt it better for me to stay here until sunday and fly then, pay overstay could be cheaper, than paying for hotel for many days somewhere. 

Can you please help me, whats my best shot right now money/time wise? I dont care if i get 60 days visa or classic tourist 30 days. I plan to leave in May anyway ???? Thanks so much for your kindness. Fml

Buy a new ticket , fly to Penang , get s new visa and come back in 2 days 

22 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Entering by air?  In my opinion, yes, it is.  No one can tell you the odds of being denied-entry. 

I would not even try to enter at a Bangkok Airport with a Tourist Visa, unless you have spent less than 15 days in the country in the past 6 months, and less than 30-days in the last year.  They don't have a known policy/standard - just make up imaginary rules and deny-entry on a whim.

I just had a friend deported at Suvarnabhum. He had previously had 2 VE extended and he had gone to HCMC to get an SETV. This was granted but he was stopped at Immi and pulled immediately. 

The immigration officer said he was living in Thailand on tourists visas, correct as he had trouble with his ED, and told him to go and get the correct visa ‘at home’ (he’s been in Thailand 21 years) and we’ll see you next week. 

Official denial was ‘not enough funds’

Edited by MadMuhammad
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/4/2019 at 4:07 AM, nickcapolla said:

So you think I should just miss my flight (lose money for ticket + for hotel) and book a new flight to Savannahket a try to do visa there?

Im just checking and the flights there are crazy - via Vientiane and cost a lot. I know no one can tell I will be allowed to enter country again, but what is best for me now moneywise and by time? My flight to Vientiane is in 2 hours (6AM) (bkk > udon thani and then border cross by van)

The way Thai immigration are going with their rules regarding tourists and the way they are treated, there are just going to be more and more empty rooms in hotels and guest houses, and a lot less trade for ordinary Thais who are trying to run businesses who cater for tourists.

Is there no common sense at all from those who run the country? Should they not be trying to attract tourists instead of driving them away?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

I just had a friend deported at Suvarnabhum. He had previously had 2 VE extended and he had gone to HCMC to get an SETV. This was granted but he was stopped at Immi and pulled immediately. 

The immigration officer said he was living in Thailand on tourists visas, correct as he had trouble with his ED, and told him to go and get the correct visa ‘at home’ (he’s been in Thailand 21 years) and we’ll see you next week. 

Official denial was ‘not enough funds’

There is nothing wrong with going to school while on Tourist entries.  Only work is prohibited.

He didn't need to go all the way "home" to solve his problem - just avoid entry-points where IOs do not respect the MFA, deny entry for non-legal reasons ("time in country before"), then hide their actions using a stamped-reason which is inapplicable to the visitor. 

He can still enter tomorrow at a law-abiding entry point, with the unused Tourist Visa he got from HCMC.

3 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Some embassies will not give a visa if they see a previous visa has been extended, even if it is allowed. Penang specified this when I asked about getting my original Non-Imm O.

Seems strange as extending a visa is perfectly acceptable.

They do not agree with the legal actions made by other officials - within immigration, between Immigration and the MFA, or between one consul and the next. 

One guy who was denied-entry in a Bangkok Airport using an METV had them print out his entry-history, and put "red" over his past entries at law-abiding (not yet bought off) entry points, telling him never to use those again or they would use this to "flag" him.