Retirement Extension at Chonburi (Jomtien) Immigration Today

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

I have lived here for 13 years and never once been asked to produce my passport by the BiB.

The same for .me. Aside from immigration office visits., hotel check-ins and the like I've never been asked to produce passport in nearly 20 years

At jomtien if they keep your passport they give you a small laminated card that you use to collect passport and should be evidence that immigrations has the pp.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, See Will said:

Same same last month,

Ambassador approved Income approval, Renting Contract of the house and the usual documents plus photos.

In and out 45 minutes, pick up passport in the afternoon 13:00 - 14:00 

friendly and quick without any hassle.

Much appreciated service.. 

Hua Hin Thursday.  Arrived 1030 no. 113, 109 was at the desk.  Called forward paperwork check (income letter) with pension detail attached, bing map, letter from partner, copy of Tambien Baan and ID card, relevant pages of pp.   No questions, 1 X request add phone number, pay money 1900 leave desk wait 4 mins, passport returned.  Checked it, pocketed it and left at 1120.  Couldn't have asked for better.

20 hours ago, murraynz said:

do i still have to do a tm30 /90 day report -- if i leave thailand each 90 days then return../???

im on a non o multi entry retirement ext. and live in my own condo.

You do not need to do a 90 day report unless you stay beyond the  90 days. 

Obviously on a retirement extension, which is for a year, that is possible. 

(There is no such thing as a Multi Entry Extension, only a Multi Entry Visa, or Re-Entry permit multiple) 

By regulation you should submit a TM30 each time you return within 24 hours. Jomtiem and I believe Chang Wattana do not require this though (at the moment) when you return to the same place. You did not specify which  office you use. 

Edited by jacko45k

23 hours ago, Jen65 said:

done my "retirement "extension,  as stated all easy with the correct paperwork however I noted my 90 day reporting was due April 30th so I crossed over and asked if I still had to do this as I was there and just reported/done my new visa !  Answer was that these are separate and would have to go back and report 30th April !     Can't understand why all this is not linked in the computer so that whenever I complete / do documentation in person at an immigration office that the 90 day is not automatically updated to 90 days from that visit ???  would make life a lot easier !! just shows how one part of immigration is not inter-connected to another !

I asked the same thing a couple years ago as I ended up doing my extension and my 90 day was due 10 days later. Jomtien considers them to be "separate" matters. (But I've read that other Immigration offices will "reset" the 90 day clock when you renew your extension. Another example of different offices having slightly different rules.)

For me - it's a small price to pay (having to report every 90 days) in order to stay here relatively hassle free for years on end. I've already worked out my next year's reporting dates so that I will be able to do my 90 Day report (next year) the same day I have to go back to pick up my passport and get my new Re-Entry permit. 

If you plan it out and go a couple days early (or late) each time, you can end up with your 4th 90 Day report falling within a day or two of your next Renewal. Got to keep pesky weekends and holidays in mind but it's not to hard to figure out.

I realize that planning anything further ahead than tomorrow is difficult for a lot of TV members. Not to mention that a little planning and forethought could make their lives easier - but then they'd have less to bitch about and the few minutes of time spent looking at a calendar and marking dates on it could cost them their favourite seat at their favourite bar for a whole few minutes or more and the thought of that happening is (so it seems) horrifying to many TV members.

(Like the people who KNOW they have to do their annual extension, go in on the last day, have their number called, get to the desk and haven't done ANY of the paperwork ahead of time ! During my last 90 Day report I saw one of the IOs waving a guy away and telling him to go fill out his paperwork first, then come to the desk. I guess they spent so much time guarding their favourite barstool that they couldn't spare any to do the paperwork they need in order to stay another year.)

Boggles the mind sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2019 at 9:02 AM, Kerryd said:

Not sure why they keep the passport overnight, especially when you are one of the first to be processed in the morning. Maybe it takes time to check some things out (i.e. comparing your application to last year's, checking your passport out, etc) and they figure you probably don't want to sit there for 2/3/4+ hours while they do that.

I do mine at Sri Ratcha, same province, and normally get it signed, stamped and re entry all done there and then. A couple of times I have been asked to go back the following day because there has been no one available to sign the extension. When that happens the IO does the photocopy for re entry so both are ready for collection.

Maybe those at Jomtien think they have more important things to do during the day than signing extensions.

Kimchibob, 

Am I not keeping up?  I was under the impression that affidavits from the US Consulate were't being issued. [with income affidavit from the US Embassy, dated 21 Dec 2018,] Did you have to show a Thai bank account with the monthly transfers from the USA?  As I've stated before, with worldwide electronic banking, the ability to instantly show an Immigration Officer where your money is deposited, it's source and disposition to an ATM in Thailand, the "requirements" seem frivolous and petty. 

Pattaya Immigration......."  A farang went there in March, told to do so by his corrupt hush-hush first-name-only "Agent", whom the farang had paid 20,000 baht to, in advance.  The farang was told to go to Pattaya Immigration on a certain day between certain hours and go to "Window X" where Immigration agent "X" agent would be waiting for him.  The corrupt "Immigration Agent" told the farang to leave his bank book and passport and corrupt Immigration"X" then told the farang to wait outside until later when he would be called back in.  A corrupt lackey of the corrupt Immigration Agent "X" took the farang's bank book to a bank, came back and gave it to corrupt Immigration "X", who told the farang  to come back in, not to try and withdraw any of the 'new' fake, 800,000 baht "deposit".  He then fraudulently stamped a 2010 Retirement Visa renewal stamp in the farang's passport and said, 'that was it', he could leave.  The farang left Immigration, very satisfied, got outside, looked at his bank book which had a newly-stamped bank's 800,000 baht fake deposit stamp in it and looked at his passport which had been fraudulently stamped with a new 1-year renewal date good until sometime in 2020.  Everyone......the original first-name-only "Agent", the corrupt Immigration "Agent X", the corrupt lackey and someone corrupt at the bank would then supposedly 'share the aforementioned 20,000 baht.  It's an ongoing 'business'', folks and everyone is satisfied so, again, find one of many "Agents" (who even advertise) pay a first-name-only "Agent", and it will all be done for you in the space of hours and you are good to go.  Is that why "Big Joke" was demoted?  Was he was trying to do a proper job of rooting out corrupt participants and those corrupt participants were unhappy because their corrupt funds were being cut off?

Always curious.

Kimchibob, 
Am I not keeping up?  I was under the impression that affidavits from the US Consulate were't being issued. [with income affidavit from the US Embassy, dated 21 Dec 2018,] Did you have to show a Thai bank account with the monthly transfers from the USA?  As I've stated before, with worldwide electronic banking, the ability to instantly show an Immigration Officer where your money is deposited, it's source and disposition to an ATM in Thailand, the "requirements" seem frivolous and petty. 

The U.S. Embassy stopped issuing income affidavits on 31 Dec 2018. Since I had an income affidavit (valid for 6 months), I did not have to show a Thai bank account with monthly transfers from the US. I’m sure next year I will have to produce some kind of documentation from my Thai bank account to prove transfers of ฿65,000 a month.

Went to Jomtien Immigration last Wednesday , had BE letter dated November 2018, all done and dusted, not asked for any extra paperwork or proof of funds. Went back Thursday, collected passport and did re-entry permit, good for another year. No doubt next year will be different!