Ancient artefact back in Kingdom

geovalin

After decades of being overseas, the “King of Khmer Medicine” artefact has been returned by a Cambodian-American man who bought it in the United States. The National Museum yesterday held a welcoming ceremony for the ancient Buddhist statue. David Leng, the man who brought the statue, said it came from Hawaii, and that it was handed to the government in order to allow younger generations of Cambodians to know their ancestral heritage.

. .

“I bought the artefact in Hawaii because this is [Cambodian] property, which was displayed for sale in the United States,” Mr Leng said. “I decided to buy the statue because I dreamed about bringing it back to the Kingdom.” “My purpose is to have the artefact displayed at the National Museum so Khmers can pray diseases away,” he added. “I want the next generation to know the King of Khmer Medicine statue.” According to Mr Leng, the statue was taken from Angkor Wat in 1930 and was recently put on sale in the US.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50593272/ancient-artefact-back-in-kingdom/

• Thanks 1