Motorbike driver dies after slamming into parked truck in Phuket

webfact

Motorbike driver dies after slamming into parked truck in Phuket

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHOTOS: Kusoldarm Foundation

106424-1024x576.jpg

A motorbike driver has died at the scene of the collision in Mai Khao after slamming into the rear of an asphalt truck this morning.

The Tha Chatchai Police were notified about the incident on Thepkrasattri Road, northbound in Mai Khao at 7.20am.

Police and emergency responders arrived to find the body of a man who was later identified as Natee Khaopimon. His body was covered with some asphalt. Nearby they found his damaged motorbike. His body was taken to Thalang Hospital.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/motorbike-driver-dies-after-slamming-into-parked-truck-in-phuket

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-04-04

Initial investigations revealed that Mr Nathee was on his way home from work and police believe he was either speeding or had fallen asleep after a night-shift as the asphalt truck was already parked at the side of the road preparing to begin road works before the collision happened.
Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/night-shift-security-guard-dead-after-motorbike-hits-parked-truck-70972.php#Sc2kq6BMpeI4FRp3.99

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Police called at 07.20. It's light here by 06.10. No need to lights and the truck was parked up.

Would have been my first check too: was it the usual night time crash?

No it wasn't.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

My guess rear lights not working on the truck.  Black and covered in tar. Bike speeding and did not see it in the darkness.

Exactly.

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Would have been my first check too: was it the usual night time crash?

No it wasn't.

You seem to have an obsession with all things Phuket- ever considered living here?

Maybe we could Thread swap and I can equal each of your Phuket posts in the Khon Kaen thread.

• Confused 3

RIP. I hope he has no children. If he did, Darwin natural selection wouldn't apply.

Recall from years ago regarding twilight being very dangerous time to drive. Elements like low sun on horizon, some have lights on, some don't, etc. Even if you don't need the lights on to see, turn them on so others can see you my advice

• Thanks 1

Just the usual failing to drive with due care and attention. Applies to the majority of drivers throughout the country, day or night. At that time of the morning the sun might - might - have been in his eyes, but in the real world you drive in a manner that suits the conditions, not at the reported (as always) high speed.

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:17 PM, Khaeng Mak said:

My guess rear lights not working on the truck.  Black and covered in tar. Bike speeding and did not see it in the darkness.

No darkness, it was daytime, lights working or not on a parked truck in daylight are irrelevant, no tar covering the lights.  You did well with your guess.

• Thanks 1

Simple inattention with tragic consequences.... 

.... it does amaze me over here how many ride around in such complete oblivion, with total disregard for their own fate...  I'm aghast at how a motorcyclist can ride into to back of stationary truck in daylight hours. 

• Like 1