‘Save what water you can,’ Phuket water chief urges as reservoirs hit record lows

snoop1130

‘Save what water you can,’ Phuket water chief urges as reservoirs hit record lows

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1554376345_1-org.jpg

The water levels at Phuket’s three main reservoirs have hit record lows. Pictured, is Bang Neow Dum reservoir in Srisoonthorn. Photo: PWA

PHUKET:-- The chief of the Phuket office of the Provincial Waterworks Authority (PWA) is urging people to save whatever water they can as the island’s three main reservoirs hit dangerously low levels – the lowest levels ever recorded by water officials.

“Please save water as much as you can,” PWA Branch Manager Graisorn Mahamad told The Phuket News today (Apr 4).

“I am very concerned about the situation right now. The water levels at all three main water reservoirs continues to fall while we still have not had enough rain.”

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/save-what-water-you-can-phuket-water-chief-urges-as-reservoirs-hit-record-lows-70977.php#cAC3B71T6YCiT6EE.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-04-04

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

I am very concerned about the situation right now. The water levels at all three main water reservoirs continues to fall while we still have not had enough rain.

thailand's water management skill is astonishingly bad, seems to depend entirely and exclusively on rain, year-after-year

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Please save water as much as you can,”

Right... will do... I’ll just nip out and fill up the tanks, ponds and pool to the max, to save as much as possible on site. ????

'Save what water you can' because the big hotel owners need it ...... Wonder what it would do for tourism when the shower in your hotel doesn't work and the bottled water ration is cut .....