The exodus is here
The happy ones are near
Let's get together, before we get much older
toxic wasteland
It's only toxic wasteland
toxic wasteland
Oh yeah, toxic wasteland
They're all wasted! 

Who what but my GNR don't cry reminds me I want a slash???? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, cerox said:

Thinking of defamation laws I would be very careful and say nothing to the media as a foreigner.

Your ok with a smog mask on he was Brazilian but disguised it well as some bay be thinking he is Dutch???? 

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Not sure what the point of this comment is.  Every Thai I know hates the crappy air as much as the farangs. 

...but you don't hear them complaining as much as the farangs. In fact, I've not heard any Thai complaining about it.

14 minutes ago, PhilippBKK said:

It's not Thailand's faul!

All the smoke comes from Burma, because they are bad people.

At least I was told so yesterday by a Thai.....????

That’s pure bull crap as well. I can go out in the mountains behind San Kamphaeng and find miles of corn crops. They burn all that shit off and just don’t care.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, webfact said:

The reporter hoped that the visit of PM Praut Chan-ocha would lead to measures being put in place to end the desperate situation that she referred to as a crisis for the north. 

Wait. Be patient. Only 4 more days of pollution to go. If not all gone, "somebody" will have to eat some serious crow.

Interesting in the video that a foreigner comments that the pollution has been getting worse year after year. I wonder if that means over the last 5 years (since the coup).

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, neeray said:

Wait. Be patient. Only 4 more days of pollution to go. If not all gone, "somebody" will have to eat some serious crow.

Interesting in the video that a foreigner comments that the pollution has been getting worse year after year. I wonder if that means over the last 5 years (since the coup).

It wast shyts back in 2005. It was so bad in 09 I got the fork out of CNX and went down to Phuket

Edited by khwaibah

4 hours ago, SammyT said:

Had some friends who were in Thailand for a month and were due to spend ten days in Chiang Mai. They've since cancelled and have gone to the beach instead, for no other reason than they were worried about the air quality and the impact it would have on their young child. 

No doubt there are plenty more stories like this. Unfortunately it's the Chiang Mai businesses who suffer as a result of the incompetence and unwillingness of local and central government to do anything about this. 

Yes we went to the beaches at rating.. Decided could not go in the sea and rubbish on the beach with plastic debris added a new dimension as to what a sandy beach is now.... Even tractors clearing the sand were running out of places to put it. Of course in Chiang mai they would just burn it..after all plastic burns!!!

• Like 1