Thai kindness: Local lady saves the day as tourists get to Barcelona

rooster59

Thai kindness: Local lady saves the day as tourists get to Barcelona

56420991_10216364467778636_6805065618232967168_n.jpg

Image: TNA

TNA reported on a wonderful act of kindness from a Thai woman who posted all about her experience on Facebook.

Kulrapat Phaenuwan had come across two tourists who were in a terrible tizzy on the fourth floor of a building that appeared to be an airport. 

They had a rental car and they didn't know where to return it and they were going to miss their flight to Spain. 

Kulrapat said that the lady was in floods of tears. No one could understand her.

She told her in that inimitable way that Thais have in calming a situation - "Jai yen yen na kha".

Calm down. 

Kulrapat found out that they needed to go to the bus terminal to return the car. And that they should fill the tank up lest they face an expensive charge. 

This was all sorted with that famous Thai smile. 

Then she helped the tourists change the time of their flight to Barcelona. 

Then more tears of joy and wais followed. 

A kind Thai had once again saved the day and the world was happy again. 

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-06

55551321_10216364468058643_1639023901713367040_n.jpg

55750456_10216364468258648_4816362934026371072_n.jpg

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

“A kind Thai had once again saved the day and the world was happy again. ”

Nice of the lady to help, but the tone of that report is somewhat over the top. 

agree, seems strange and the helping lady has some company logo TShirt, wonder who she works for, very puzzled

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Pretty sure it ceases to he a wonderful act if kindness if the person doing the kind act posts about it on their own Facebook page. 

And it's her job.

See post #9.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

What "social media" outlet did the Thai woman document her actions on?  It's just a TNA reporter's story, no one is grabbing any glory.

Did I say the Thai woman documented her actions on social media? No, I didn’t.

Please read posts carefully before passing comment.

• Like 2

TTPB is Thai Tourist Police Bureau, the girl is just doing her job and sharing it on her FB. Whats surprising is how the lady is willing to accompany the tourist to get all that done. Don't think you will find that happening in many countries with their "tourist bureau". A news network ran with the story, nothing more. If there is more, just shameless advertising by the tourist bureau.

I agree with the thought that tying one person's act of kindness to reflect on the entire nation's attitude is absurd. Every country and culture has heroes and a**holes. For the most part, human nature is human nature, and we all know that. 

By the Thai gov't and media putting so much attention on these types of events when they occur, it makes it seem more like Thai acts of kindness are very rare, and I know from personal experience that's not true. Twice when in roadside breakdown situations, I had Thai people showing me great kindness and helpfulness then refusing to accept any extra compensation. I lost my wallet in Pattaya when it apparently dropped out of my pack at an intersection. A week later it arrived by post at my workplace (thanks to having some of my business cards inside) with all the contents and no return address that would let me thank and/or reward the person. I've also been stolen from and deceived, but that type of activity isn't exclusive to Thailand either. 

So, I would advise the gov't and media to stop with these types of news items, unless they are truly exceptional because I don't think it sends the right message. It's actually counter-productive to achieving the goal and IMO really not fair to all those Thais whose nature it is to do kind things (without getting recognition). 

Edited by Inn Between
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

I agree with the thought that tying one person's act of kindness to reflect on the entire nation's attitude is absurd. Every country and culture has heroes and a**holes. For the most part, human nature is human nature, and we all know that. 

By the Thai gov't and media putting so much attention on these types of events when they occur, it makes it seem more like Thai acts of kindness are very rare, and I know from personal experience that's not true. Twice when in roadside breakdown situations, I had Thai people showing me great kindness and helpfulness then refusing to accept any extra compensation. I lost my wallet in Pattaya when it apparently dropped out of my pack at an intersection. A week later it arrived by post at my workplace (thanks to having some of my business cards inside) with all the contents and no return address that would let me thank and/or reward the person. I've also been stolen from and deceived, but that type of activity isn't exclusive to Thailand either. 

So, I would advise the gov't and media to stop with these types of news items, unless they are truly exceptional because I don't think it sends the right message. It's actually counter-productive to achieving the goal and IMO really not fair to all those Thais whose nature it is to do kind things (without getting recognition). 

Perfectly put, sir.

But you are applying your ideals to a nation of children .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1