Multiple Entry Non-immigrant Question...

Those amounts are for retirement extension of stay. If you are over age 50 and want a multi entry non immigrant visa rather than using Immigration facilities for extension of stay you may, or may not, be asked to provide such proof. It is not a Ministry requirement.

Hello all responders, thanks for the answers! :-]

Well...

I was thinking of asking at the Dutch consulate in Amsterdam a Multiple entry visa.

To be precise this one: http://www.thaivisa.com/422.0.html

Is it right that it is a "plain" Non Immigrant Visa?

I mean without the B, O, OA etc.etc. options.

It looks interesting for my case.

Quote:

"Your best choice is to obtain a multiple entry Non-Immigrant visa which valid for 12 months. With this visa type you will need to exit and enter Thailand at least every 90 days to get a new entry stamp allowing you to stay a further 90 days.

If you utilize your visa the last time just before it expire, you will get an extra 3 months "bonus", so the total validity will be nearly 15 months"

End of Quote.

The case is this;

I live at the moment in The Netherlands. I have a rental in Thailand. A own house in The Netherlands.

My age is at the moment 63, next June I will be 64. In 2008, at the age of 65 I will get a state pension. From that moment off I would like to stay in Thailand for variable periods. Variable periods because I intent to return to my country for visiting my children and grandchild. For that reason it seems to be a good idea to ask for a "plain" Non Immigrant Visa, that is to say IF there is such a Visa. I intent to stay in Thailand some times 9 month, sometimes 15 month, it depends on the situation at the time.

The question is do I have to reserve 800k at the bank in Thailand or not?

At the moment I think there will be no such demand for this mentioned visa.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The whole Thai Visa matter is very vague to me, I do not think that this has to do with getting older, at least I hope not.

Maybe time for the Thai Government to simplify the Visa rules drastically, at least for the 60+ group of Farangs ;-]

Grtz

Not only for 6o plus....believe me,it is all just nah,to many to tell you.Anyway we are from the same country and my mother got it in A'dam,so just get your visa there without a problem.You will not need 800k in a thaibank.This is only for retirement purposus,they will give you a nonO.If they ask you for what purpuse you say to explore retirement in Thailand.And cause you are almost on retirement it is exactly right.

But when you plan to stay in Thailand longstay,if you want to stay comfortably you should get a retirementvisa sooner or later,you can change the nonO to a retirement one(when staying in Thai),but in that time you should have the 800k or 65k a month requirement to prove immigration to give you the extension for stay.If you think it is too much for now ,just stay on your nonO and get the retirement one the next time.If you can have the finances together and have your RVisa you can leave to Holland and come back on the same visa,but you need to obtain a re-permit at imm,so you not have to obtain a new visa all the time and just extend once a year.Looks complicated but not really is.....get your nonO first.

Thanks for your reply, I will follow your advice.

You brought some light in the darkness :-]

It is clear to me now.

Greetings out of Holland!

Not only for 6o plus....believe me,it is all just nah,to many to tell you.Anyway we are from the same country and my mother got it in A'dam,so just get your visa there without a problem.You will not need 800k in a thaibank.This is only for retirement purposus,they will give you a nonO.If they ask you for what purpuse you say to explore retirement in Thailand.And cause you are almost on retirement it is exactly right.

But when you plan to stay in Thailand longstay,if you want to stay comfortably you should get a retirementvisa sooner or later,you can change the nonO to a retirement one(when staying in Thai),but in that time you should have the 800k or 65k a month requirement to prove immigration to give you the extension for stay.If you think it is too much for now ,just stay on your nonO and get the retirement one the next time.If you can have the finances together and have your RVisa you can leave to Holland and come back on the same visa,but you need to obtain a re-permit at imm,so you not have to obtain a new visa all the time and just extend once a year.Looks complicated but not really is.....get your nonO first.