Travelling Approved Medicines

glegolo

I am a bit unsecure over 1 thing when it comes to bring medicines with me when going back for a forthnight to my country Sweden now in may 2019.....

I am wondering if it is OK to bring medicines for 14 days in my handluggage on the plane??? IF it does matter my medicines are as follows;

a - Metformin    56 pcs /bloodsugar

b - Amlodopin   14 pcs /bloodpressure

c - Metoprolol   14 pcs /bloodpressure

d - Asperin       14 pca /bloodthinner

e - Lixiana         14 pcs /bloodthinner

f -  Atorvastatin 14 pcs /heartmedicin

g - Paracetamol 14 pcs /painmedicin...

It seems to be a lot, so I am worried, and like to be somewhat sure and at least know what is OK and what is NOT....

If anyone have input I would be very happy.... I do not like to end up stopped by Immigration and run the risk of missing my flight....

Thanks

glegolo

These will nto be an issue with Thailand authorities. I have no idea re rules in Sweden.

If you are transiting/changing planes anywhere may need to factor that country in as well.

However these are nto controlled drugs anywhere that I know of.

To be on the safe side have the meds in labeled packs/bottles rather than loose - as the only way you could have an issue would be if they were suspected of being something else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the same sort of subject I take even more than 'glegolo'  and thinking of returning to UK for 3 or 4 weeks, [will be 1st time in 16 years] not sure what to do with my Insulin......  What I use here for years is not sold in UK + use 1x vial every 4 days + must be kept in Fridge  ??  how do others take Insulin on a plane for there trip ?

Staying with friends all around UK, having to find a Dr somewhere for some type of new Insulin appears not easy..  [not sure if a different type of Insulin reacts differently]

1 hour ago, ignis said:

On the same sort of subject I take even more than 'glegolo'  and thinking of returning to UK for 3 or 4 weeks, [will be 1st time in 16 years] not sure what to do with my Insulin......  What I use here for years is not sold in UK + use 1x vial every 4 days + must be kept in Fridge  ??  how do others take Insulin on a plane for there trip ?

Staying with friends all around UK, having to find a Dr somewhere for some type of new Insulin appears not easy..  [not sure if a different type of Insulin reacts differently]

I always took my mothers insulin syringes in a thermos flask, when we come onboard the plane the stewart put it in a fridge during the flight. Never any problem.

Good Luck!

1 hour ago, ignis said:

I use Lantus insulin and it can be safely stored and used outside a fridge for up to 30 days.  I work out how many vials I need to take with me and keep them in my hand luggage.  For something longer I have a small "chilly bin" style bag that a diabetes organisation sold me and I store the vials in there.  That's safe for a 24 hours fridge-to-fridge transfer

I take the chance to kidnap my own thread, and ask you guys if you know anything about nuts like almond, peannuts, and maybe cashiewnuts....

Is it OK to have packages of them in my handluggage???

glegolo

I think if they are small quantities for personal health there will be no problem. I've come back from the UK and from Singapore with 6 months of medication for hypertension and never had a problem.

if you can bring a copy of the prescription even better.

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

I use Lantus insulin and it can be safely stored and used outside a fridge for up to 30 days.  I work out how many vials I need to take with me and keep them in my hand luggage.  For something longer I have a small "chilly bin" style bag that a diabetes organisation sold me and I store the vials in there.  That's safe for a 24 hours fridge-to-fridge transfer

Thanks

Also got a fairly big BP monitor, MUST use at least 2 x a day...  [Omron 3.800 baht] guess another hand luggage item as will need on flight..

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

I take the chance to kidnap my own thread, and ask you guys if you know anything about nuts like almond, peannuts, and maybe cashiewnuts....

glegolo

That is a good question......... on a trip to Perth about 3 years ago I had a sealed Pure Orange Juice and a small Chocolate bar in case of a Diabetic spike,, They at Swampy made me remove it and throw in the bin..  I said it was for Health, but was told to buy more in Duty Free  !!

2 hours ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

I fly out of Suvarnabhumi with packets of cashew nuts from Tops in my hand luggage all the time. Sealed dried foods should not be a problem. Liquids are another matter. Bottles of juice etc. in hand will not get through.

• Like 1

All the medicines you are bringing in, are so cheap here and all can be bought at any pharmacy without prescription, so why bother. For instance, metformin costs about bt1  per tablet

2 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

I think if they are small quantities for personal health there will be no problem. I've come back from the UK and from Singapore with 6 months of medication for hypertension and never had a problem.

if you can bring a copy of the prescription even better.

None of the medicine you are bringing in requires a prescription in Thailand

• Like 1

5 hours ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

sealed package from store, not ziplock.

On 4/8/2019 at 3:42 PM, glegolo said:

Oh great Sheryl. willseparate them into separate plastic zip lock bags.....

OK, good...

glegolo

I think Sheryl means in original bottle, box, packet. Some of those are over the counter, but have your prescribed drugs with your name and doctor on the bottle/box or a copy of the Rx for others. It can also be a drug summary from pharmaceutical mail order house that lists the exact drugs and doctor's name.

13 hours ago, Mac98 said:

I think Sheryl means in original bottle, box, packet.

Yes. I mean original blister pack or store bottle such that it is clear what they are.

NOT loose in a zip lock bag, that does not prove anything.

As mentioned, the main issue is to prevent them being suspected of being something else.

25 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Gregor

When flying back from Sweden to here..have all your meds in your suitcase/bag which is being checked in.
But have all your prescription paperwork..doctor's letter..pharmacy letter etc in your hand luggage.
Enjoy your trip home

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks for you information, grateful of course. F.Y.I. I will have no medicin at all with me flying back from Sweden to Thailand. The medicin I am talking about is the medicines I will use during my 14 days stay in Sweden...

My most worry is me flying out of Thailand and how customs will react to me and my medicines.... And also when coming to Dusseldorf to change plane.... I will carry my medicin in my handluggage....

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

On 4/9/2019 at 9:27 PM, gamini said:

All the medicines you are bringing in, are so cheap here and all can be bought at any pharmacy without prescription, so why bother. For instance, metformin costs about bt1  per tablet

None of the medicine you are bringing in requires a prescription in Thailand

I believe he is travelling FROM Thailand  to Sweden for a short visit. In which case bringing these along makes sense rather than trying to buy them there.

None of the countries on his route will have any problem with these meds in these quantities as long as it is clear what they are.

• Like 1