Need Update on Some CM History

Gonzo the Face

Have a poster on my office wall, where its been for better than 10 or more years now.  Its a poster for the old Simon's Dream Cabaret.  Had a guest come in  yesterday and ask about it.  Of course its been closed for a good number of years now, and some of my memory cells are also apparently closed as well.  Can any of our old timers out there recall when Simon's Dream opened or when it closed ?  This guest would like to hear a little  more about it.  My old mind would appreciate any help with  it , at all.  Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, since2003 said:

They moved to Phuket about 10 years ago.

Simon Cabaret Phuket exists since 1991. The above review of Simon Cabaret 

Chiangmai is from 2006, thus the two have for a long time existed concurrently. 

16 hours ago, orchis said:

Simon Cabaret Phuket exists since 1991. The above review of Simon Cabaret 

Chiangmai is from 2006, thus the two have for a long time existed concurrently. 

You are right, of course! I think it is the same company, though. So for some years they had cabarets in 2 cities. When the CM-operation closed they had signs outside the premises that said: "Moving to Phuket".

51 minutes ago, Gonzo the Face said:

Was this in Chiang Mai or where ?

Yes as I stated in was in CM.  He did an entire hour with famous chef Any Ricker and both did a lot of drinking.  Bourdain got kissed by one of the ugliest ladyboys ever.  It turns out that it was a couple years earlier than I thought.

Here is a youtube excerpt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxPMa4tu0c