Rape murder of German tourist: further details emerge

webfact

Rape murder of German tourist: further details emerge

2pm.jpg

Caption: Followed to a hillside and raped

Senior Thai policemen spoke to the press yesterday after a 26 year old German tourist was raped and murdered on a hillside in Koh Si Chang Chonburi.

Chilling CCTV pictures showed the victim out for a mid afternoon ride on a rented motorcycle. 

Now it has emerged that she was still not dead after a frenzied attack by some stone steps leading up the hillside. 

She was battered again after being dragged still alive for 50 meters in an effort to hide the crime. 

An impromptu re-enactment with a stand-in was conducted at police HQ.

National deputy police chief Pol Gen Chalermkiat Srivorakan spoke at the press briefing along with the chief of the Region 2 police and the chief of the Chonburi force. 

Chalermkiat announced the arrest of 23 year old Ronakorn of Tha Thewawong district who has admitted to rape and murder. 

Chalermkiat said the crime happened about 3pm on Sunday afternoon. The body was found by a member of the public. A man was seen coming down from the hill with blood on his clothes. 

He was found outside his house nearby and was seen to have wounds on his body. He allowed officers into his house. Behind the house bloodstained clothing was found and he readily admitted what he had done.

He said he had seen the victim riding a motorcycle while he was high on methamphetamine or "ice" and he felt the need for sex. 

He approached her and offered sex but she did not say anything and drove off. He followed her to the hillside where he raped her. He then hit her repeatedly in the face and in the back of the head with a rock.

Bloodstains were found on a stone path leading up to the top of the hill. 

She was still not dead and he dragged her 50 meters off the path where he continued to bludgeon her until she was dead. Then he covered her body with stones, rocks and bracken in an effort to conceal the crime.

He tested positive for drugs in a test at his house and this was confirmed with a further test at Koh Si Chang hospital.

Ronakorn has been charged with rape, murder and concealment of a corpse and was detained by the Koh Si Chang police.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-09

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disgusting.

Better the parents don't get that to read.

She was a young engineer working for an automobile supply company that has a location in Thailand too.

She combined her holiday trip with business.

I have to refrain from commenting about this scum bag.

Drugs, drugs, drugs and no end!

In a roundabout kinda way I'm glad the police released more details. I read yesterday's thread and it was full of people looking for an excuse to say that the Thai cops had coerced the confession from the arrested guy or that he was probably a fall guy. As sad as it is, at least the other evidence goes a long way to dispelling these myths. 

40 minutes ago, LennyW said:

An example needs to set.....but i guess he will escape execution as he has admitted it!!

A certain person could always decide on an exception.

Would be good for society and the miserable existence.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he had seen the victim riding a motorcycle while he was high on methamphetamine or "ice" and he felt the need for sex. 

You are a low life drug addicted scumbag 

you could go by sex but instead you choose to rape and murder a tourist 

Hope your get life in prison 

Stop blaming the Thai cops, they did their job here , the eye witnesses did their job and reported it. We even have CCTV images. 

So now there is only one final solution to this , the death penalty. 

I wonder if she had been wearing a crash helmet, would it possibly have made any difference when she was being pummelled about the head.

May the poor soul RIP...and condolences to all connected to her.

To all you self righteous bored retirees, these horrific drug related crimes are committed world wide. 

The root of the problem is not “ his morals” , but the availability of these nasty drugs. Ice dements people . Those in power who allow the sale of these drugs are the ones who bear more responsibility, without taking anything away from this scum bag. He will get his just desserts for sure. He tampered with TOT. 

17 minutes ago, Kim J said:

We also regularly see those that advocate drug taking as a harmless passtime, "being no different to alcohol and tobacco

Some horrendous crimes committed by drunk people.. I don't recall any post on this forum advocating Meth as being harmless ! Lots defending the use of cannabis though, which is a fair comparison to alcohol and tobacco.. 

23 minutes ago, Kim J said:

"being no different to alcohol and tobacco".

I do not think that people making such statements are talking about meth(derivatives) or hallucinogens, heroine or coke .
They probably know what they are talking about.

30 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

To all you self righteous bored retirees, these horrific drug related crimes are committed world wide. 

The root of the problem is not “ his morals” , but the availability of these nasty drugs. Ice dements people . Those in power who allow the sale of these drugs are the ones who bear more responsibility, without taking anything away from this scum bag. He will get his just desserts for sure. He tampered with TOT. 

Many crimes are committed under the influence of alcohol also. IMO Criminals who commit these crimes have this evil in them, drugs like yaba and alcohol lower inhibitions allowing the nastiness to the surface. Jeffrey Dahmer committed some of most despicable crimes all under the influence of booze. Meth can make you crazy, but if every meth addict  raped and killed there would be bodies of women piled in the streets of Bangkok.

52 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

Whilst I agree that this sort of depravity is certainly not the preserve of Thailand or Thais (obviously), to me it sounds like you're coming kinda close to exculpating a person of their own heinous actions here. Ice is a disgusting, mind-altering narcotic and it undoubtedly affects people's thought processes, I'd agree, but not everyone who takes it, NO - not even a large percentage of people who take it will then go on to rape an innocent person because their sex drive is elevated whilst high/they are experiencing some form of delerium. 

I'd be willing to wager those who would do what this pond-scum did are people with very loose morals to begin with. I'm not condemning everyone who has ever taken consciousness-altering substances either, as I'd be a total hypocrite to do so, but I also don't think reallocating the root of the blame away from the perpetrator is helpful. Those who turn a blind eye to and profit from the sale of such drugs are also responsible for this and a great many horrors, but MORE responsbile? Not to my mind.

IMHO there is too much of a move toward describing junkies and those who commit various crimes whilst under the influence as 'victims of circumstance or additcion', today. It's endemic to our victimhood culture, personal accountability is at a premium these days, so I get tired of hearing excuses being made to the contrary. If Ice turned every user of it into a sex-crazed rapist/murderer then I might agree, but it doesn't, so I think it's fair to say this fella was simply a wrong-un in the first place. To viciously rape and then snuff out the life of an innocent to indulge your own needs is an act beyond redemption, he deserves either the death penalty or a life sentence, as in a Thai prison the latter is probably the worse. Condolences to this poor young woman and her family. Heartbreaking.

4 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Wow. The more details that emerge the worse this gets. Very sad day for Thailand. RIP

Yes, grotesque details should have been dedicated for the investigation only and not shared in the public - this to protect the family for additional pain ...

RIP

For those that say to me "but it has been shown that the death penalty is not a deterrent " I say I don't care if it is or isn't I just know that this individual will never harm another human being or draw another breath.

8 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

For those that say to me "but it has been shown that the death penalty is not a deterrent " I say I don't care if it is or isn't I just know that this individual will never harm another human being or draw another breath.

What would be the best deterrent is rounding up lowlifes like this before they act. Fascism is not all bad. 

1 hour ago, balo said:

Stop blaming the Thai cops, they did their job here , the eye witnesses did their job and reported it. We even have CCTV images. 

So now there is only one final solution to this , the death penalty. 

..by stoning would be appropriate...RIP.

5 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Lets hope he actually receives the sentence he deserves for this appalling crime. 

But it wasn't his fault.  He wasn't responsible.  It was evil Methamphetimine's fault. 

Watch him get a 15 year sentence or some such nonsense because 'the rape was really not his responsibility.'  He'll claim he was a victim too. 

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

We also regularly see those that advocate drug taking as a harmless passtime, "being no different to alcohol and tobacco". I also wonder where they are currently hiding?

The term "drugs" itself is too broad and describes all sorts of substances.
In my opinion:
Alcohol, meth, cocaine, heroin must be restricted. These are dangerous for the public.
Cannabis, psychedelics and possibly mdma - must be allowed for recreational use, regulated, taxed. These are rather safe. 
I'd vote for that.

Well, the do-gooders are coming out in full force anytime soon. Meanwhile I opt to maintain the maximum penalty; this guy is an animal - regardless of drugs or not. A good lawyer will get him a life sentence,  so he'll walk in a few years. 

Do the society and the parents a favour and take the short cut; it will not bring the girl back but it will prevent any other happening by this fellow. 

2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

You are a low life drug addicted scumbag 

you could go by sex but instead you choose to rape and murder a tourist 

He needed the money for the drugs, so buying sex was not likely considered. And this crime was not about sex. In some cases, meth can cause uncontrollable rage, especially if it is an issue to begin with. The desire for sex may have initiated these events, but being "spurned" was likely what set it all off, and the meth could have been the reason it was uncontrollable. If no death penalty, locked up for life is the minimum punishment that should be applied.

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

Yes you can often say in life that people deserve a second chance, and as we go through our life we all make mistakes to one degree or another.

The secret is to know where to draw the line, because as history proves, some are incapable of changing, and what we see here is way beyond a mistake.

We also regularly see those that advocate drug taking as a harmless passtime, "being no different to alcohol and tobacco". I also wonder where they are currently hiding?

not all drugs are equal, some simply do not incite people to violence, especially if the taker is not violently inclined. surely you can understand that. 

Archived