EU to agree Brexit delay but France pushes for conditions

webfact

3 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Who now cares a flying where this shambles ends up the rich will survive intact but just more stupid looking whilst the poor form an orderly queue at the food bank????

They might survive intact, but I wonder how many of them have positions on shorting the Pound and are becoming somewhat anxious?

• Like 2

Me an mep..as I call a spade sometimes a shovel..I don't think I would fit in with the " ode to joy " mob....as I'd be BLASTING OUT RULE BRITANNIA[emoji6]

That is an interesting concept you have that you considered the EU to be fanatical and unelected yet you are proposing, by inference, given the opportunity, you would condone special forces to assasinate them.  A novel approach to your understanding of democracy I must admit.  Love to see how your proposal ganders support on TV, If sufficient perhaps you would consider standing as an MEP

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

A fairly quiet morning so far...

I am sure that European countries are quaking in their boots at the thought of Brexiteers refusing to vacation there and buying more expensive goods from elsewhere.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Absolutely shameful.

One good thing from this whole debacle is that the British Electorate has learnt exactly what the political class thinks of them. There will be a huge price for this, there is no way the British electorate will just "let it go". This paves the way for years of divisiveness. Every Leaver I know believes in Leave more vehemently than ever having seen the way the EU and our own politicians have conspired to thwart the democratic result.

I'd favour a GE now, give the electorate the chance to show what they think of the Charlatans in the House of Commons that have shown themselves to be devious, duplicitous and utterly incompetent. 

Nobody cares what the plebs think, never have done, you are good for 'over the top' and paying taxes, nothing will change with or without brexit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAG said:

What will amount to an indefinite extension, without any effective presence or powers at the decision making table. The UK will be reduced more or less to "Brussels' bitch".

Talking of which May, why don't you just go, heavens, even the risk of ending up with Sinn Fein's bagman Corbyn would probably be preferable to your mealy mouthed, deceitful, devious, pathetic incompetence. You have utterly, spectacularly <deleted> it up beyond anyone's wildest dreams. Just go for heavens sake.!

Come on JAG , why don't you say what you really feel and stop mincing your words ? ????

• Haha 2

Brexageddon rant    (copy pasted comment from Telegraph comments ):thumbsup:

Steam Buff 10 Apr 2019 4:17AM

End Game. All the Brexiteer promises have evaporated. The EU27 will offer a long extension, May will accept, the Cabinet will refuse, the economy will hit free-fall, by Saturday May will invoke Crown perogative, return to Brussels and revoke Article 50. By Sunday she will resign. By Monday we will be back in EU, Government will fall and we will have Corbyn Government by June. Because Tories say elections are divisive the Dear Leader will promise never to have another one.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/04/09/philip-hammond-suggests-mps-could-revoke-article-50-prevent/#comments

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In London, British Solicitor General Robert Buckland said May would "listen carefully" to any constructive suggestions made by the EU on the length of the extension. He conceded that the government might not have managed to ratify an exit deal in parliament before European elections are held on May 23-26.

Tough !

if EU allows a member, that wants to go out but procrastinates, to vote new members in the Parliament I would call that an un-wise decision. I say: No Vote from the moment the decision was made, latest from the agreed first Exit Date.

it sounds like a Girl-Friend that told you to bugger off and you agreed.
but nevertheless, since she cannot find a better place, you have to let her rule the roast in yours.

What would you do? I'd say: No, not done, bugger off, unless she has some very big advantages. 
Having said that, in the BREXIT question a U-turn would probably be better.

Considering that, and also in view of Haseltine's comment that it is extremely unfair that the older generation who in majority voted Yes, through the vote imposed an Exit, most likely for the worse, that will influence the life of the younger generation that in majority voted against but will have to live with it.

just some thoughts, don't shoot the messenger ????

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

Brexageddon rant    (copy pasted comment from Telegraph comments ):thumbsup:

End Game. All the Brexiteer promises have evaporated. The EU27 will offer a long extension, May will accept, the Cabinet will refuse, the economy will hit free-fall, by Saturday May will invoke Crown perogative, return to Brussels and revoke Article 50. By Sunday she will resign. By Monday we will be back in EU, Government will fall and we will have Corbyn Government by June. Because Tories say elections are divisive the Dear Leader will promise never to have another one.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/04/09/philip-hammond-suggests-mps-could-revoke-article-50-prevent/#comments

That was an interesting fairy tale. I assume it is a remainers wet dream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps you also need another one also

There you go again 'the UK people' - whereas what you actually mean is 17.4 million people as opposed to 43 million odd people who either disagreed or don't give a rats arse !!

As for 'generalising one person' and using 'one person to justify your argument' attacks - hmmmm I give you George Osbourne! You've mentioned him once or twice.

The next general election will be the same ol same old - Brexit in whatever form it ends in will be a distant memory and the vast majority of people will be voting Tory or Labour with a few tattooed, pit bull owning, probation dodging, sovereign ring laden lager drinkers registering a protest vote for Farage.

I don't know anyone away from here that attaches any more importance to Brexit than they do to the cost of Brown Sauce (which is actually a bigger scandal). 

You need another hobby

40 minutes ago, baboon said:

All well and good, but which Tory MP would want to inherit the whole shitshow when they can simply carp from the safety of the sidelines and throw May under the bus later on? I mean, sod the country, political careers are at stake, here!

Exactly and it is a disgrace that she has not been reeled in yet . We can all see the damage that she has done and continues to do by possibly having another years extension and all of the uncertainty that goes with it . Nightmare for some businesses and will tip the scales for some to leave the UK .

How can her cabinet , tory party and all within the HOCs allow this farce to continue . Making the UK a laughing stock .  Is there not a strong candidate to come to the fore and sort this mess out . Someone to say enough is enough and take the UK out of the crumbling EU .  Surprised there has not been an online petition from the British public who apart from elections ( from what they are worth ) have no means of protesting government actions .

As you say , political careers are more important but I believe that those in the background are equally guilty by association , gutless MPs .

• Like 2

Brexageddon rant    (copy pasted comment from Telegraph comments )[emoji106]

No chance that t may will revoke article 50..

• Like 1

Benroon..is your home country one if the eu subsidy junkie countries by any chance.
I ask this as you seem to like to attempt to badmouth BRITISH people.!!!

There you go again 'the UK people' - whereas what you actually mean is 17.4 million people as opposed to 43 million odd people who either disagreed or don't give a rats arse !!

As for 'generalising one person' and using 'one person to justify your argument' attacks - hmmmm I give you George Osbourne! You've mentioned him once or twice.

The next general election will be the same ol same old - Brexit in whatever form it ends in will be a distant memory and the vast majority of people will be voting Tory or Labour with a few tattooed, pit bull owning, probation dodging, sovereign ring laden lager drinkers registering a protest vote for Farage.

I don't know anyone away from here that attaches any more importance to Brexit than they do to the cost of Brown Sauce (which is actually a bigger scandal). 

You need another hobby

30 minutes ago, Benroon said:

You need another hobby

...which amply explains why compulsory participation, PR etc will be the long term after effect of Parliaments betrayal.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Following the tweets and blogs of Jacob Rees-Mogg, Nigel Farage, Marc Francois, leave.eu and so on provides a very clear picture of the bully boys Brexit consists of, thank you. 

You've got to be kidding.

So the tweets of one side proof that the other side is bullying.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2