65k bank letter

I'll admit to not having read every post, and I only focus on Bangkok Bank-related posts...I have seen some posts that make mention of two (2) bank letters/statements.

1.) An official bank statement, potentially with a cover letter which shows, at a minimum all qualifying in-bound foreign transfers. It might show all activity in the previous applicable period? Since statements involving periods greater than six months might require "HQ" issuance, it seems like this document might need to be requested and issued at least a few days prior to the application date? Ideally, it would show the most recent transfer, potentially applying to the month of the application. I'm not certain CW branches can issue this letter/statement for any/all customers, covering periods greater than six months?

2.) An official bank letter verifying ownership and current balance, with some same day activity. This seems like it must be done on the day of the application, and there have been reports of this being done at CW branches for any/all customers.

Again, based on my best recollection of posts, each of these documents costs 100 baht (each, so 200 baht in total), at Bangkok Bank.

I assume you need to make a copy of the passbook AFTER making a minor, same-day deposit or withdrawal? (Bank-->Copy Shop-->back upstairs to get a queue number)

<In by-gone days, there were reports of the 800,000 method letter being acceptable if issued up to three days prior, or more recently the day prior, unless a Monday, in which case Friday was deemed acceptable. No clue what might acceptable for this method, but would aim for day-of where possible.>

I assume if you get the letter(s) on the initial day of application, and are not ultimately serviced until the following day owing to queues, that the letters previously issued would remain acceptable.

I assume that if Immigration wants a day-of statement then hopefully CW Branches can meet this requirement.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There has been a report of Chaeng Wattana immigration wanting it dated for the day you apply. Also your bank book updated on the day you apply.

How does that make any sense related to "using the 65k renewal method?"

The income method requires 12-monthly documents (ie., Kasikorn Bank a Credit Advice Receipt) that a minimum 65k is being deposited into one's Thai bank account from a foreign source each month.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

The income method requires 12-monthly documents (ie., Kasikorn Bank a Credit Advice Receipt) that a minimum 65k is being deposited into one's Thai bank account from a foreign source each month.

Only a bank statement is needed showing the international transfers is required. A credit avise for each transfer is not required.

Some offices may only require a bank book showing the code for a international transfer if it showed all the transfers.

CW would probably accept the bank letter from the day before but would want the bank book updated on the date of application.

That bank letter took me four hours at Bangkok Bank and that is only if you have a complete bank book showing each monthly  FTT deposit. If you don't it will take four to fivedays to get statements from the Main Bank.

letter from bank must be on same day you renew your retirement visa 

and must be on offical bank paperwork also need copy of bankbook all pages i am with kasikorn bank and as long as you have correct paperwork on the day you should not have any problems nb have done 15 retirement visas in a row ie bangkok korat kap chong and buriram for last 7 years 

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

I wasn't trying to make sense of any particular requirement, and yes, I did find this one odd when I saw it referenced as it didn't make sense to me either. But did feel it best to include it. 

I've seen this requirement referenced at least twice, in two separate posts/threads. I found this one...

but that's not specifically the one that I remember where the member clearly said he had to get two separate letters, and the account ownership/amount/day-of-activity was required on the day of application.

I was talking to my Bangkok Bank and they said if I wanted a print out of the last 12 month's deposits I would have to wait 4 to 5 days. He suggested get one every 6 months so they can do the same day. 

Would that work? 

Example 

1 print for Feb-july

Then

1 print for Aug-Jan

Plus bank letter of account 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, keithet said:

Would that work? 

It may be too early to know for sure?

I plan to get a six-month statement: Jan-Jun, and a three-month statement: Jul-Sep, for an end-Sep ext stay/ret, and will plan to get some sort of day-of letter if required.

I may also request a nine-month statement in mid-Sep, but will see what works for folks between now and then.

• Like 1

what happens if you do not use your bank book.

the last entry in my bank book was 20/10/12.

i do all my banking by computer.

where does this leave me.

if i need to get my passbook updated, who knows how many books it would take and how long?

5 minutes ago, rodknock said:

what happens if you do not use your bank book.

You would need a bank statement to prove the transfers.

If you updated your bank book now it would show all of your recent deposits and transfers. It will only go back a month or 2.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I wasn't trying to make sense of any particular requirement, and yes, I did find this one odd when I saw it referenced as it didn't make sense to me either. But did feel it best to include it. 

I've seen this requirement referenced at least twice, in two separate posts/threads. I found this one...

but that's not specifically the one that I remember where the member clearly said he had to get two separate letters, and the account ownership/amount/day-of-activity was required on the day of application.

Each a month after I receive foreign transfers to my Kasikorn account, the bank emails me the Credit Acceptance Receipt (free of charge) that documents each foreign transfer. The CAR transfer amount matches my bank passbook recorded transactions and monthly bank statements printed from online bank web site. I also document the outgoing foreign wire transfers for each month to my Kasikorn account.

So I'll see if such preponderance of documentation is sufficient without a single letter from the bank that documents one years worth of foreign transfers.