Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

42 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Well to nights result throws the cat amongst the pigeons. Where will Adelaide end up? Look out for more upsets this weekend. 

Woah, where will GWS, Hawthorn and Geelong finish up now?

Eagles should get a home final now unless Hawthorn and GWS both lose, then we finish 4th.

• Like 2

Shock result tonight!  

West coast in Adealide and without Nic Nat!

I thought Adelaide would be hard to beat come finals time...but maybe stage fright will get them

Hawks and West coast to battle the GF again?

GWS, Adealide and Sydney all suffer nerves from their youngsters in first finals series?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BookMan said:

Shock result tonight!  

West coast in Adealide and without Nic Nat!

I thought Adelaide would be hard to beat come finals time...but maybe stage fright will get them

Hawks and West coast to battle the GF again?

GWS, Adealide and Sydney all suffer nerves from their youngsters in first finals series?

It's so tight.

One game between first and seventh.

I guess the next game with ramifications for finals is tomorrow's Geelong/Melbourne game.

Geelong wouldn't want to relax. A decent win gives them 2nd spot and a home final.

I assume that would be played at Etihad or the MCG seeing as Freo aren't playing so no use

in making anyone go to Simonds this year:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Looks like the Indian IT team of Notatthis Karkibustop and Goshisit Googlybowlin have omitted to give us a round 23 tipping table.

I’m interested to know who tipped the Eagles over the Crows and at what margin.   My tip was Eagles by 8 points.

I wonder if Pridda's face is aching.  Hope he sleeps ok.

Edited by joboss

I actually agree with you, Bookman.   Victorian teams do have an unfair advantage in grand finals.    What I disagree with is the manner in which you have manipulated the numbers I provided (87- 28 final wins, 6 -6 grand final wins) to back up your opinion.

Data analysis can be a very complicated.

BTW

6 wins from 12 games:   (6 \times \!\, 100) \div \!\, 12 = 50.  That's a 50 percent strike rate, or 50/50 split as you quoted.  Yep.

87 wins from 115 games: (87 \times \!\,  100)  \div \!\, 115 = 75.65,  That's  75 percent , or  75/25 split, NOT 66/33 as you quoted.

Data analysis can be very simple.

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

I actually agree with you, Bookman.   Victorian teams do have an unfair advantage in grand finals.    What I disagree with is the manner in which you have manipulated the numbers I provided (87- 28 final wins, 6 -6 grand final wins) to back up your opinion.

BTW

6 wins from 12 games:   (6 \times \!\, 100) \div \!\, 12 = 50.  That's a 50 percent strike rate, or 50/50 split as you quoted.  Yep.

87 wins from 115 games: (87 100)  \div \!\, 115 = 75.65,  That's a 75 percent strike rate, or  75/25 split, NOT 66/33 as you quoted.

Not if your Penciler is a monkey  with an IQ of 139.

• Like 1

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-27/who-plays-who-in-week-one-of-the-2016-afl-finals

"

West Coast is barely hanging on to fourth, and needs Hawthorn and GWS to lose. The worst-case scenario for the Eagles sees them hosting the Western Bulldogs in a do-or-die final."

Last four times the WCE have played against the Dogs at Domain they have won.  I’m OK with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Radar501 said:

BTW

87 wins from 115 games: (87 \times \!\,  100)  \div \!\, 115 = 75.65,  That's  75 percent , or  75/25 split, NOT 66/33 as you quoted.

I don't know how I have manipulated any numbers...I have actually UNDER stated the advantages because i just did a rough calculation in my head

Anyway...the percentages you provide just back up what i have been saying even more...it's now 75% and not 66%..

Seems to me I have been spot on the entire time

• Like 1

After the Eagles were done by Collingwood a few weeks ago, did anyone think they would win the next three, which included sides who, at the time, were second, first and second?

I guess it can no longer be said that they haven't beaten anyone in the top eight anymore.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Old Croc said:

After the Eagles were done by Collingwood a few weeks ago, did anyone think they would win the next three, which included sides who, at the time, were second, first and second?

I guess it can no longer be said that they haven't beaten anyone in the top eight anymore.

Of those 3 i thought they'd only beat the Hawks

Respect back: How Paul Roos transformed Melbourne

AFTER just witnessing his biggest defeat as a senior coach in round two, 2014, Paul Roos walked to the rooms with his new band of assistants and established a starting point.

The football department would have to begin with teaching the players to try when facing adversity, he said, before they could even begin to instil a competitive style.

He then went to the post-game media conference and expressed his disbelief at what he had just witnessed.

"Some of the stuff today … guys missing chest marks. I haven't seen that before, so it's an eye-opener for me. Some of the errors were just incredible," Roos said.

Although he had said that each time persistent CEO Peter Jackson painted a worse picture of the club Roos' attraction to the job increased, the reality that day against West Coast was hard to take.

Roos was a winner, a premiership coach and a competitive beast that had never overseen a 93-point loss.

The following week Greater Western Sydney towelled up the Demons to record its fifth win in just 47 games.

At that point Roos hit the players between the eyes. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-27/respect-back-how-paul-roos-transformed-melbourne

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

The Eagles sudden top form has really reshaped the finals.

Perhaps Nik Nat's knee whack has given the Dogs a bone.

(sorry)

Makes for a good finals series with them being back n contention

Sydney still have to win today...i think they could drop as low as 4th if they lose...or finish 1st

Edited by BookMan

Watched the Fox pre and post match stuff from last nights game this morning.

Just like last week, none of the experts gave a us a chance.

Jon Ralph was even on saying Sydney will play the first final on Thursday

and Adelaide on Friday.

Pregame was all about how Eddie Betts, Tex, Jenkins and Lynch would kick a million and Kennedy would struggle on Tahlia.

Post match was gee, Adelaide Missed Brodie Smith and Sloane.

David King is lucky he doesn't paid paid on his correct predicitions.

His only decent work in the lab is after the gane when he can state the obvious.

Loved it when Ed said through gritted teeth "It cost the AFL close to a million but they've

managed to get Sydney's final at the SCG, which is good for the game".

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Watched the Fox pre and post match stuff from last nights game this morning.

Just like last week, none of the experts gave a us a chance.

Jon Ralph was even on saying Sydney will play the first final on Thursday

and Adelaide on Friday.

Pregame was all about how Eddie Betts, Tex, Jenkins and Lynch would kick a million and Kennedy would struggle on Tahlia.

Post match was gee, Adelaide Missed Brodie Smith and Sloane.

David King is lucky he doesn't paid paid on his correct predicitions.

His only decent work in the lab is after the gane when he can state the obvious.

Loved it when Ed said through gritted teeth "It cost the AFL close to a million but they've

managed to get Sydney's final at the SCG, which is good for the game".

""Pregame was all about how Eddie Betts, Tex, Jenkins and Lynch would kick a million and Kennedy would struggle on Tahlia.""

:cheesy::cheesy::D

26 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

1 from 3 so far.......and the AFL site isn't working....normal stuff....anyone else having a blonde weekend?

AFL site not working.....   It sucks!!   Did Will go the West Coast?   Did you go Bombers?  I did. :) They  have won three for the season .

What a cracking game that was... Gary Rohan on fire with 4, Buddy is looming dangerous with a lazy 4 and Mighty Mouse McGlynn doing his best to repay the faith bagging 3 so...

Oh wait...

There's still 2 quarters to go!

This is going to be embarrassing for the Tigers..  

• Like 2

On 8/25/2016 at 8:53 AM, GrantSmith said:

I see Boomer's #1 supporter had a bit of a sook last night on 360. Time for a spell Kingy, take your bat and ball...

Seems Rupert's been keeping an eye on this thread since the TV upgrade. Kingy back on the boundary giving his riveting insight so we're not subjected to his continuing sook...

2 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Swans up by 81 points at half time. I think they have to win with a margin  greater than of about 15 to take the No 1 position after Geelong big percentage booster.

I think they'll struggle with that task... 

Hahaha

• Like 1