Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

I watched the first half of the Port v Cats match yesterday on the box. Who at Channel 7 thought it would be a good idea to hire James Brayshaw as a commentator? It was part of the reason I only watched the first half.

I don't mind the concept but if it's to be taken seriously, they'll need to look at when they do it, to ensure there's some decent talent going around and not treated as a training camp.

The silver sherrin was also a bit of a dud idea too...

• Like 1

You had more resilience than me Grant, if you endured it till half time.   Doing circle work on a square ground??  Instead of AFLX, it should be called AwFuL

Having said that, one rule I liked was that no mark is paid for a kick going rearwards.   If it was brought in for the regular season, say anywhere in the back half, it would eliminate much of the boring tempo style footy.   Teams doing that get booed, even by their own supporters.

• Like 2

Tinker league are obsessed with trying to export the game they should be carful if successful with X they could kill off the real game....

X is unlikely to gain much traction outside of Aussie and further damage the main game, had a chat with a guy in hua hin recently a former rugby player back in the British Isles who immediately labeled us as pin pong and a game with out rules....X will just reinforce that.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 2/12/2018 at 10:49 PM, AlexRRR said:

What is Australia plus....mr gazzzz and I do have a vpn....for pc wouldn’t know how to use it on Apple TV...but watching on pc is a major inprovment than a phone size on tablet

For a PC I have found the best to be WiTopia, you can get for both Apple and Windows.  Australia Plus TV has stopped broadcasting online, why, you will need to ask Malcolm. Do any stations broadcast the matches in Australia you can watch them in Asia.

As for the AFLX, it did not impress me and I watched bits of the matches which did nothing to inspire me either.  If they mentioned the Zooper Dooper phrase any more I was ready to throw something large and heavy at the screen, surely they could have come up with a better term unless they threw it open for suggestions from a kindergarten which named the Ferrie McFerrieFace 

Edited by Gazman1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gazman1 said:

For a PC I have found the best to be WiTopia, you can get for both Apple and Windows.  Australia Plus TV has stopped broadcasting online, why, you will need to ask Malcolm. Do any stations broadcast the matches in Australia you can watch them in Asia.

You can still watch Australia plus if you have True Visions cable.

Well....what a great game X is.....[emoji39] The fab Dee’s take the Melbourne end grand final....knocking off the Blues and Fj’s mob then stitching up Kenneth boys ....ahh yes sorry I missed the evenings action....here we go ...here we gooo..here we goo goo goo...[emoji6]

• Haha 1

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon hopes troubled midfielder Harley Bennell can knuckle down and stay focused while he deals with his latest calf setback.

Bennell was banished to WAFL club Peel Thunder last month following an altercation with security staff at a Fremantle night spot.

The 25-year-old then suffered a minor calf injury - continuing a worrying trend of soft tissue injuries for the talented but troubled player.

Bennell has been more prone to off-field misdemeanours while dealing with injury problems in the past.

Last April, Bennell was asked to leave a flight bound for the Gold Coast after attendants considered him too drunk to fly.

And a month later, he was fined $10,000 and ordered to undergo counselling after twice interrupting a three-quarter time huddle of a WAFL game in order to speak to his cousin.

Bennell's current exile at Peel Thunder will stretch into next month, at which point he can be considered for a return.

Lyon hopes Bennell can stay on the straight and narrow while he deals with his latest calf injury, which the club expects will take only three weeks to recover from.

"There's no doubt that for any player that gets injured, it places stress on them and some challenges," Lyon said on Friday.

"So he has to button down and double down his concentration and effort and stay focused."

Meanwhile, Lyon labelled Alex Pearce a future captain ahead of the defender's long-awaited playing return.

Pearce hasn't played since breaking his leg in round nine, 2016.

His return last year was aborted after he suffered another fracture.

But his 645 days on the sidelines will come to an end on Sunday when he lines up in Fremantle's pre-season clash with the Crows in Strathalbyn, South Australia.

"He's really important to us - 200cm, really quick," Lyon said.

"He's carrying himself really well. He's a driven, focused individual.

"He's certainly (got) leadership material stamped all over him, and a future captain of AFL football I would think.

"For him to be back playing is wonderful for us, and him.

"It's been a tough road. And unless you walk in his shoes, you probably don't understand it.

"Two years of rehab is monotonous and mentally draining. But he's back."

Fremantle will unleash a strong side featuring captain Nat Fyfe and ruckman Aaron Sandlands, along with recruits Brandon Matera and Nathan Wilson.

Defender Joel Hamling will miss because of a wedding, while Stephen Hill is still recovering from a leg injury.

Adelaide will be without skipper Taylor Walker, Brodie Smith, Brad Crouch, and Riley Knight.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Ahhh well the season to be jolly is now behind us....though thai living folk are always jolly....it’s March 1 and foooty is a drop kick away.....

As the Aleague wind down suprising my mate Kev still has his job and shock horror the paper reported he will get a new contract...to start a team rebuild...I hope not....the kiwi Phoenix won’t retIn ther Croat coach....the shy blues should take it 2 years running....

Chris Judge get refused entry to princess park....so we can see where they will be this season....

Harley can’t stay out of trouble....indicates the Docks won’t climb higher than mid table....

2 Bullies become free agents this year, im expecting the curse to last another 54 years....

The Eagles are quite over there in the way out west....that is not a good sign....with “look what he brings to the team” which wasn’t much now an assistant then again what was around him wasn’t so hot but better than the Dee’s they might lunge up a rung or two and not keep old WILL in so suspense...the old ticker can’t take it two years in a row...

Fj’s mob over there a stone throw from the new north melb railway station won’t be winning to much and likely will hop the train to Sunbury as few high paid players there now driving Audi 5&6’s not to mention a range of BMW in the car park....just rusty push bikes and a weekly ticket instead...as they rebuild....can we assume Scott can last the year?

Saints.....Richo better get a top 6 finnish, there are rumours circling Niddrie watch house, automatic weapons are being sourced from vic police for a possible storming of Morroabbin head quarters and even Saint Nick wont be able to stop the boys from a take over....

The Dee’s you ask....in the bag......4 th or 5th, Goodie won’t have the second year blues already shown to be ruthless bye bye J Was cut the blond glamor boy like a Finley skilled surgeon keeps silky lean Bugg now known as hammer head means we’re gonna be rough and tough all over the ground...they will do the thai chillies dance before each game and no one will get near us...

Cats? The other Scott has had his day too....

Port....they have J Watts now.....say no more....

Crows.....ahhh....we got Lever......but they will be better, if they finnish top 3 there a big chance...

Swans....this is there Year I think...one rock star lighter the banter between books and me will now prove me right....

The 2 Sunshine Coast teams....it’s a nice place for a holiday winter guys.....

Who’s left?

GWS.....need a new coach...

Bombers yes there good won’t be top 3 but will shape the 8and there in it all year long...the Niddrie watchouse guys will be setting up drug and alcohol bus’s every few days to try and catch them out but will fail and go back to the plan of storming Morrabin instead....

:clap2:

AlexRRR, if your boys are in as good as form as you're, they're in for a big year.

West Coast, anywhere between 6 and 10th maybe.

A lot will depend on how Nic Nat returns.

Does Collingwood need to make the 8 for Bucks to be safe?

I'm in agreeance with you about GWS, I don't rate the coach.

Thank your mother for the rabbits:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bucks has an iron clad contract and pictures off Ed in a compromised situation...hovering around 8 n 9.

Nic is back and like the Dee’s Gawn if he’s not on his game either is the rest of the team....but we have that ex north hack who I offered to you free of charge in Cam....he is a proven 100 point fantasy ruckman who is pretty good when on the ball.....still only 31 and finally maturing....something about being 6ft2 something stops around the 6ft mark then takes like 5 years to go the last inch or two.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

I will post the details of the fantasy league within the next 24 hours.  Anyone organised the footy tipping or do you want me to do that at the same time.

Please do the tipping Chook. I have retired as organiser but will still participate in the comp.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2018 at 10:12 AM, Will27 said:

Rip, how do you think your boys will go this year?

I hope they start better than 2017.

There do not seem to be too many injuries at this stage so I hope they get a first up win in Perth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intending jetting interstate on the national flag carrier to catch a game of footy?     Mind your language!!

Qantas has sent out a memo to all staff with a list of words which are considered  gender inappropriate .   They include 'wife', husband', 'mum' and 'dad'.   Employees were also told to “minimise manteruptions”, which refers to men interrupting while women are speaking.

CEO Alan Joyce himself is a prominent member of the LGBT community.   The rainbow warrior no doubt would have rubber stamped the order as it passed over his desk.

I have watched a few of the AFLW games and often hear players, coaches and commentators yelling out 'holding the man', 'manning the mark' and so on.   I suppose women's footy vernacular will be next on the PC hit -list.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/travel/qantas-staff-told-to-avoid-gender-inappropriate-terms-like-wife-and-husband/news-story/068e9769c30a180b182ab8020a2d0e50

• Like 2

Well it’s half time in the Dee and Saints practice game....we’re looking like premiers already thanks to the Saints being in la la land....Mr Chooks will be furious with the lack of endeavour.....it’s like they haven’t got a clue.....You will like to know Mcubbing is till on the ground though can’t kick for his life but hey he hasn’t been kicked in the head either....40 points up Dee’s with the wind going into the third quarter looks like a lean start to th Saints again this season...so there’s your tip guys in the tipping....dont tip the Sai ts at least in round one no matter who there playing...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Well it’s half time in the Dee and Saints practice game....we’re looking like premiers already thanks to the Saints being in la la land....Mr Chooks will be furious with the lack of endeavour.....it’s like they haven’t got a clue.....You will like to know Mcubbing is till on the ground though can’t kick for his life but hey he hasn’t been kicked in the head either....40 points up Dee’s with the wind going into the third quarter looks like a lean start to th Saints again this season...so there’s your tip guys in the tipping....dont tip the Sai ts at least in round one no matter who there playing...

Time to get your fantasy teams in Alex,Joboss,Gazman,not sure if Optad has made it back from his fishing trip.

Anybody else keen?

• Like 1

Time to get your fantasy teams in Alex,Joboss,Gazman,not sure if Optad has made it back from his fishing trip.
Anybody else keen?

I retired for this year from everything fj.....I’m normaly crap after a grand final appearance anyway...WILL has the tipping sewn up....and you my friend might go all the way this year....

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Sad 1

On 08/03/2018 at 12:30 AM, AlexRRR said:

I retired for this year from everything fj.....I’m normaly crap after a grand final appearance anyway...WILL has the tipping sewn up....and you my friend might go all the way this year....

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Starts round 2 and a 6 team finals and may play some 3 times.  More open this year and I wont be in the back blocks of Thailand without internet for 6 weeks this year.  Guess thats what You are scared of Alex

• Like 2

On 08/03/2018 at 8:28 PM, farmerjo said:

Anybody else keen?

Farmer Joe, I will not be in the Fantasy Team Tipping this year, I actually did not make any changes last year to the teams and I am out of my depth knowing teh players etc.  I would like to be in the general tipping though.

Regards

2 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

Chooks,

You're hereby unanimously appointed overseer of the Thaivisa Mob's Tipping and Fantasy League.

Hurry up with setting up the Tipping side of things so we can have a crack at the title.

:D  

Done.

The league as as per usual.

THAILAND MOB

Comp Code: ZSFC3TF2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1