Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

6 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

I heard Melbourne were hoping to add some positive vibes to their culture by bringing in Harley.

Experience wise, Harley offers a lot. His time in injury rehab and medicos combined with substance issues offers some real insight for the young fellas at Demons Land

If Harley can get himself on the ground this year I can see Melbourne challenging for 11 or maybe even 10th spot on the ladder

Recruiting Harley reeks of desperation.

TBF, they've (Melbourne) never gotten over the 2018 prelim final.

Just in case anyone has forgotten, the halftime score was 10.9 to 0.6.

Still remember pregame watching Gary Lyon saying why Melbourne will win.

Some called it a smashing.

I reckon it was more akin to genocide.

They've never recovered.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Recruiting Harley reeks of desperation.

TBF, they've (Melbourne) never gotten over the 2018 prelim final.

Just in case anyone has forgotten, the halftime score was 10.9 to 0.6.

Still remember pregame watching Gary Lyon saying why Melbourne will win.

Some called it a smashing.

I reckon it was more akin to genocide.

They've never recovered.

Melbourne, through more luck than skill bumbled their way to that Prelim. Once there they were outclassed by a Very Fine team in the West Coast Eagles.

Most teams would have used that humiliating spanking as fuel to power on and up into the next season.

Melbourne's response: A valiant 17th place on the ladder and the recruitment of Harely Bennell

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Melbourne, through more luck than skill bumbled their way to that Prelim. Once there they were outclassed by a Very Fine team in the West Coast Eagles.

Most teams would have used that humiliating spanking as fuel to power on and up into the next season.

Melbourne's response: A valiant 17th place on the ladder and the recruitment of Harely Bennell

You're forgetting their number 1 pick in Steven May who they gave pick 6 for.

Is on $800 000 per year.

Turned up to preseason looking like Derek Kickett.

Got lapped in the time trial.

Got reported and suspended in a JLT game.

Then did a hammy and was in rehab.

Whilst in rehab, he got "caught"on the wee wee.

Played 8 games for the year.

But apart from that, he's been a steal I reckon.

PS I've got a feeling Alex regrets asking you back BM????

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Couldn't believe he was considered to begin with.

Sorry Alex, he's Max Gawn.

Harley Bennell suffers fresh injury setback as he seeks Melbourne lifeline

Harley Bennell has broken down with yet another calf injury.

Bennell this week strained his troublesome left calf as he auditions for a fresh contract with Melbourne.

While the tear is only understood to be minor, it’s a potentially devastating blow for the injury-cursed midfielder, who is clinging to the possibility of securing a Demons contract under pre-season supplemental selection period rules.

Melbourne has been conscious of gently easing Bennell into its summer program, but the former Docker has still struggled to adapt.

Bennell hasn’t been able to clock big kilometres during training sessions, nor train with any intensity.

The goalkicking onballer, 27, hasn’t played since 2017 and has managed only two senior games since 2015 due to an endless string of calf tears on both legs.

I wouldn't have wasted the energy on him...but a long shot he was....doubt many thought he make it.....

BM mentioned soccer.....while I was on the beach over the water Victory took a knife to Marco and his assistant....rather harsh on the guy, did try and change style of play, lost at least 25% of his best starters the club recruited a couple of dudds and I could see the writing on the wall and canceled my kayo subscription for the short term.....

What happened to Tippert and Franklin in the same team? NOTHING...2 rockstars in the same team means the toilet drop....I rest my case....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can see I WILL regret sweet talking the guy with the chocolate sad eyed dog back from his slumber...its good dam ugly.....I dare you to post a few pics of  it here for the gang to judge....only its owner could love it for sure.....and im glad you got it for FREE....

Well pooch did keep you busy while you were in your self imposed exile so come on lets see it....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Will27 said:

You're forgetting their number 1 pick in Steven May who they gave pick 6 for.

Is on $800 000 per year.

Turned up to preseason looking like Derek Kickett.

Got lapped in the time trial.

Got reported and suspended in a JLT game.

Then did a hammy and was in rehab.

Whilst in rehab, he got "caught"on the wee wee.

Played 8 games for the year.

But apart from that, he's been a steal I reckon.

Steven May suffered for years at the Gold Coast, fed nothing but a diet of Cocaine and Seafood buffets.  

He finds himself down in Melbourne awash with cafes and bakeries and pasta joints ... and here he is swimming in the green.  The guy has years of eating to make up for.

17th ladder position finish for him  actually made him feel he never left the Gold Coast

PS I've got a feeling Alex regrets asking you back BM????

You could be right

He wore me down by stuffing Chimpys Inbox with a couple of hundred emails begging me to come back and do what he wasn't up to himself: take down the Big Gun tipster here on BigFooty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

I can see I WILL regret sweet talking the guy with the chocolate sad eyed dog back from his slumber...its good dam ugly.....I dare you to post a few pics of  it here for the gang to judge....only its owner could love it for sure.....and im glad you got it for FREE....

Well pooch did keep you busy while you were in your self imposed exile so come on lets see it....

It's probably better that you post some photos FIRST of that scraggly looking snagglepuss-toothed dog you let sleep on your bed every night.

Any dog will look like Prince Charming compared to that

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

What happened to Tippert and Franklin in the same team? NOTHING...2 rockstars in the same team means the toilet drop....I rest my case....

Well, 'nothing' is a subjective term

Sydney with Buddy and Kurt

2013 - Grand Final Winner (Kurt Tippet joins Sydney)

2014- Grand Final (Buddy Franklin joins Sydney

2015 - Top 4 finish

2016 - Grand Final

2017 - Finals

Kurt played his last game for Sydney in 2017

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Steven May suffered for years at the Gold Coast, fed nothing but a diet of Cocaine and Seafood buffets.  

He finds himself down in Melbourne awash with cafes and bakeries and pasta joints ... and here he is swimming in the green.  The guy has years of eating to make up for.

17th ladder position finish for him  actually made him feel he never left the Gold Coast

You could be right

He wore me down by stuffing Chimpys Inbox with a couple of hundred emails begging me to come back and do what he wasn't up to himself: take down the Big Gun tipster here on BigFooty

Bloody hell.

I'd forgotten about Chimpy.

Thought he'd gone to be with Dian Fossey by now.

Does he wear diapers?

Edited by Will27

3 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Well, 'nothing' is a subjective term

Sydney with Buddy and Kurt

2013 - Grand Final Winner (Kurt Tippet joins Sydney)

2014- Grand Final (Buddy Franklin joins Sydney

2015 - Top 4 finish

2016 - Grand Final

2017 - Finals

Kurt played his last game for Sydney in 2017

Coming second is like coming last.....AFL unlike NFL there is only one winner and it wasnt the Swans after they sold off the bridge to buy Franklin, 2 rock stars in the same team did not equal a GF win....and lets not talk about the soapy thats K Jack.....mum hates wife dad dislikes son ho so thai....and how long before they realise tieing up Horse for the next 10 years he will be tooooo expensive to sack.....all for the purpose of being spiteful to Fj.....

I found mozzies in my ice cubes....yes it was a mystery to me too....since the condo installed a brand new fridge here I been taking the opportunity to make ice blocks and going through them in a steady pace as you do here in BKK.....sorting out the blocks I ask myself where did they come from............I dont use tap water nor bottled water...I used cooled down tap water I boil in my Aussie kettle...so suspicious I got, opened the top of the kettle and there they were the little f****ers....now they wouldnt survive a boil but...I had plumbing issues....basin eventually clogged tight so there been living in there the buggers...basin was like dripping slowly to empty ...well thats the theory anyway.....the dead mozzies in my ice cubes have been discarded the water in my kettle flushed out and the handyman has cleaned the trap so water will run free..... If Books had of been staying here I could have got the tall piece of pelican poo to stick his mick jagger mouth over the basin outlet and suck it clean....so much poo comes out of there no one would have noticed...

You be nice WILL......I dont put it on you or the Eagles much....now you have your attack dog back your grown a foot or two...behave boys...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Coming second is like coming last.....

You came last in the tipping for 2019? Some things don't change i guess

....I dont use tap water nor bottled water...I used cooled down tap water I boil in my Aussie kettle...

You be nice WILL......I dont put it on you or the Eagles much....now you have your attack dog back your grown a foot or two...behave boys...

Don't be such a cheap-ars.e

Get yourself down to 7/11 and spend 10 baht on a bag of ice or a few more baht for the Japanese premium stuff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Another good year for the Scorchers under Voges.

With a bit of luck we might slip to 7th tomorrow.

They teased us right till the end Will.

Voges picked the team on name,not on form.

End position is about right.

34 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

They teased us right till the end Will.

Voges picked the team on name,not on form.

End position is about right.

When Voges took over, we finished on top the previous year.

Has now taken us to the spoon and 6th or 7th.

We have good players like smarsh and CN leaving.

Other players like Turner, Bancroft, Agar and Kelly have all gone backwards under his watch.

If it was an AFL team, he'd be Max Gawn.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Anyone want to do an early prediction for Top 5 for 2020?

Here are mine:

GWS
Richmond
Brisbane

West Coast
Collingwood

GWS v Brisbane GF? 

Not in order.

Richmond

West Coast

Collingwood

Western Bulldogs

Brisbane

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 7:45 AM, Thechook said:

Saints are going to be a force this year, got a good crop of young guns who are starting to mature and we quite well during the trade period.  I'm confident of making finals.

Still trying to off load McCartin if you know anyone who wants him.  Broken but can answer phones and tidy up around a club.

paddy was a wasted pick.  unfortunately he will never play again

• Like 1