Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

12 minutes ago, Will27 said:

IMO, Brisbane are easily the best side of the last 2 decades.

Hawks won 4 flags, granted.

Three were against interstate clubs playing on their home ground.

Not saying it wasn't a great effort, but Brisbane far more impressive.

Was also around the time of the compromised draft due to the new teams

so clubs were unable to rebuild.

Brisbane, 3peat as well and were hugely disadvantaged by the rules at the time.

In 2004 had to travel away to the Gee to play Geelong in a prelim even though they finished higher.

Chimpy was at dinner with Gil the other week and he assured Chimps that , categorically, 100%, without question, backed up by facts, that there is NO home ground advantage playing at the MCG.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Will27 said:

IMO, Brisbane are easily the best side of the last 2 decades.

Hawks won 4 flags, granted.

Three were against interstate clubs playing on their home ground.

Not saying it wasn't a great effort, but Brisbane far more impressive.

Was also around the time of the compromised draft due to the new teams

so clubs were unable to rebuild.

Brisbane, 3peat as well and were hugely disadvantaged by the rules at the time.

In 2004 had to travel away to the Gee to play Geelong in a prelim even though they finished higher.

Bullocks.....bullocks.....Lions 4 GF in a row.....before and after no where men....Hawks from the 70's were always with in a drop kick of contention......strong club with around 6 or more players playing over 300 games....were the back bone off that clubs greatness for like 15 years....

I use to go to Hawk games in that era, know Princess Park like the back of my last TGFs backside....and front bits too.....

Hawks have quietly slipped to about 10 premierships sir...Hawthorn has a proud history, having won 13 VFL/AFL premierships since joining the VFL in 1925. The Hawks have tasted success in 1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Well I should have said 70's up to early 90's......Hawks easily the best of all the modern clubs 6 flags in 11 years is pretty good in my book fella.....and thats from 78 to 91......falls within ur last 2 decades.....drop 78 its 5 flags...and look before and look after KILLS stone dead the Lions....

You dont have anything to do on the farm today?

13 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

..Hawks easily the best of all the modern clubs 6 flags in 11 years is pretty good in my book fella.....and thats from 78 to 91......falls within ur last 2 decades.....

Decade = 10 years
2 Decades = 20 years
2020 - 20 years = Year 2000
1991 = 29 years
1978 = 42 years

4 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

There is no point looking at history of clubs prior to 1990 in the AFl

The game changed with a national comp

WILL you get over it?????.....the VFL changed its name to the AFL I personally would like to kick out most of the interstate gallopers due to climate change and go back to the VFL concept....

My memory tells me them interstate clubs like Eagles and Crows joined the VFL......Swans were also in the VFL as where the Lions....your playing in the VFL still, its only a name change....football is VICTORIA...we made it.....The MCG is the home of football and the GF is locked in for the next 50 years GET over it....or take your ball and go home....I WILL not get drawn into the history of the VFL/AFL again....it belongs to the Big Vic...

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Decade = 10 years
2 Decades = 20 years
2020 - 20 years = Year 2000
1991 = 29 years
1978 = 42 years

in my book Hawks best team of modern era...FULL STOP.....12 flags from the 70s....no one comes close...not even the New England Patriots....

37 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

WILL you get over it?????.....the VFL changed its name to the AFL I personally would like to kick out most of the interstate gallopers due to climate change and go back to the VFL concept....

My memory tells me them interstate clubs like Eagles and Crows joined the VFL......Swans were also in the VFL as where the Lions....your playing in the VFL still, its only a name change....football is VICTORIA...we made it.....The MCG is the home of football and the GF is locked in for the next 50 years GET over it....or take your ball and go home....I WILL not get drawn into the history of the VFL/AFL again....it belongs to the Big Vic...

Swans and Lions started anew when they moved interstate so its a clean slate for them.

Sure, the VFL was a quaint regional competition where the best of the best was limited to an area about 1/15th of Australia.

Now, there is, in name anyway, a national competition and with that comes changes. You guys should be lowering your arms to the ground in thanking us interstate clubs by propping up the competition

Edited by BookmanBkk
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Bullocks.....bullocks.....Lions 4 GF in a row.....before and after no where men....Hawks from the 70's were always with in a drop kick of contention......strong club with around 6 or more players playing over 300 games....were the back bone off that clubs greatness for like 15 years....

I use to go to Hawk games in that era, know Princess Park like the back of my last TGFs backside....and front bits too.....

Hawks have quietly slipped to about 10 premierships sir...Hawthorn has a proud history, having won 13 VFL/AFL premierships since joining the VFL in 1925. The Hawks have tasted success in 1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Well I should have said 70's up to early 90's......Hawks easily the best of all the modern clubs 6 flags in 11 years is pretty good in my book fella.....and thats from 78 to 91......falls within ur last 2 decades.....drop 78 its 5 flags...and look before and look after KILLS stone dead the Lions....

I'm just quoting your statement of the last 2 decades:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

You'd probably have about 6 clubs left if it wasn't for the interstate clubs financing them.

Norf, Melbourne, St Kilda, the WB's and more would've all been insolvent and disappeared by now.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

in my book Hawks best team of modern era...FULL STOP.....12 flags from the 70s....no one comes close...not even the New England Patriots....

The 70's isn't the modern era BTW.

No one comes close as the interstate clubs weren't around.

Like BM said, compare results from when the comp went national.

If you're comparing the just the VFL state leagues, Port Adelaide probably have more premierships than anyone.

Edited by Will27
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Not much, but what's your excuse?

You're in Bkk surrounded by clunge.

11 minutes ago, Will27 said:

The 70's isn't the modern era BTW.

No one comes close as the interstate clubs weren't around.

Like BM said, compare results from when the comp went national.

If you're comparing the just the VFL, Port Adelaide probably have more premierships than anyone.

Port has about 35

• Like 1

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/artist-google-traffic-jam-alert-trick-scli-intl/index.html Artist or prankster??????? someone like WILL and BOOKMAN who have loads of free time to post dribble here.....ME thinks this man is not an artist....in the burbs of Melbourne we name people like him "nutters" since when is 99 turned on mobile phones in a cart being dragged around the streets of Berlin art? Fooled google maps into think there was a traffic jam....like what an annoying pig....some people actually would have taken notice and redirected.....And whats his point? whats he trying to prove? its true art wizzes over my head I just dont have the intellect for stupid things like that.....art to me is the naked female body or buildings...im a building man....paintings to me are boring unless ur painting your house....99 mobile phones in a cart is vandalism he should be sent to jail with 99 phones constantly sending him text messages....

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/04/us/twinsburg-55000-mail-post-office-trnd/index.html 55,000 copies off the same letter.....who makes blunders like that? I WILL tell you who...Yarra valley Water my provider does...not in the form of countless letters but in the form of one hand not knows what the other is doing....3 days ago I was going through my spam folder and found what at first thought was a scam email from collectors for YVW for the princely sum of $216 plus some cents for an unpaid water bill....I get then quarterly, this bill was due in nov......I ignored it until yesterday then did some checking up...no nov email for a bill to begin with the previous one was there...YVW did send me a reminder that I didnt look at...you know you just dont look at unimportant emails...well I dont but eventually I get around to it.....You see I have most of my basics emailed and direct debited like YVW,, council rates Electricity etc.... so why wasnt YVW direct debited? has been in the past......well im not going to look at my banking till the weekend then will check if its been withdrawn.....so ask you...how can it be then its not? the emails look legit by the way and this isnt the first time a provider and myself have a history of direct debit then no reason its stoped.....and of course they make you look bad...this time I will ask for an apology assuming its there mistake....as you never know so no point jumping up and down on the spot calling them retards too soon....OH by the way....for the second time while in Thailand I have managed to get a refund/replacement from a Thai store.....im very experienced here in there ways and refuse too take no cannot for an answer.....H&M a so so store but sometimes find something of value there....seen a Patriots hoody in Manila but small size only forgot about it then got bored so go shopping here one day ....light globe went off in Central World as I entered so rushed to H&M there the honey was.....grabbed it with two hands as you dooooo.....looking around further found a cardigan....and bought them both...the cardigan was on sale 600B a pretty good deal and I love the sales here...well I decided once back at condo the cardigan I should have got next size up so a few days later I returned...well...no cannot started ringing in my ear....going through shop assistant to area supervisor etc till we get to manager I heard 4 times "cannot exchange" they pointed to the red stamp on my invoice and each time I said......my invoice was stamped after I purchased there were no signs anywhere indicating I could not exchange this item....there for legally your required to exchange as your lame excuse would not stand up in court....adding H&M are an international company and they would have provisions in place for something like this....a similar tactic used at Robinsons on my Adidas sneakers...which proved successful though took me 6 weeks to get a replacement....Well eventually the hundsum and pleasant manager realised I was never going to leave without my item being exchanged and me parroting the same words over and over, I did looked to be settling in for the day and night....so agreed to the exchange.....the 3 assailants around me all smiled with me then went off to do there thing....they learned something that day...persistence wins....

Well they had moved the sale item stock to Paragon....so I was told .....Manager call ahead to Paragon store worded them up and told me to go there they would finalise the exchange....Arriving 20 min later....not one assistant knew anything....so again we go through 4 assistants and manager with the same words plus the phone call.....I may have been fobbed off...may have been....im like the Red Army I dont give up....ever....eventually going through my entire speil of International company ......no notice prior to paying for a no exchange etc etc the grovie manager with dyed blond hair and lairy jacket agreed to an exchange.....in the end the cardigan was sold out so ended up buy a new jacket....now this jacket was just under 2000...but there was a sign clearly above it that red 799B....bit peed off when they claimed it wasnt on sale I bought it anyway....I really wanted to go after them on this and I did say in AU they would be forced to sell it at that price they of course took no notice as they live in there own dream state, banging your head against Thais did wear me down and with the stress I had endured decided to not push my luck any further....

I cant get over them spending bucket loads of money on new BTS extensions as well as MRT extensions and they dont keep footpaths up to scratch....ive tripped about 5 times since been here once all the way to the ground cutting knee and 2 fingers....lets not forget about bullies cars who ignore zebra crossings and force you to walk around them at streets crossings oh and dirty buildings....build it and forget.....notice the Elephant building here bit of a land mark im told is showing signs of soot on the facade....its safer in Syria.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Port has about 35

Port were never in the VFL until recent times, the count is only for VFL?AFL and it started from around 1857 something like that....

If your having trouble understanding the concept off VFL and AFL then look no further than the Premier League in England and pretty much everywhere else where they up graded there leagues, the English clubs still count every championship won from conception of there original league sir......just because ur an ex Sydney side gropper brought up on sand flies and rugby take the time to be less pushy and more observant of whats going on around in the world of sport....

I WILL no longer enter into a one sided debate where members on this forum are made up of Australian refuges from far flung states who grew up on 3rd rate footy leagues....

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Port were never in the VFL until recent times, the count is only for VFL?AFL and it started from around 1857 something like that....

If your having trouble understanding the concept off VFL and AFL then look no further than the Premier League in England and pretty much everywhere else where they up graded there leagues, the English clubs still count every championship won from conception of there original league sir......just because ur an ex Sydney side gropper brought up on sand flies and rugby take the time to be less pushy and more observant of whats going on around in the world of sport....

I WILL no longer enter into a one sided debate where members on this forum are made up of Australian refuges from far flung states who grew up on 3rd rate footy leagues....

The count is only for VFL you say?

Well why did you include premierships from the AFL?

Which one is it?

If you're saying VFL premierships, that's a state league so you have to include wafl and sanfl.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/artist-google-traffic-jam-alert-trick-scli-intl/index.html Artist or prankster??????? someone like WILL and BOOKMAN who have loads of free time to post dribble here.....ME thinks this man is not an artist....in the burbs of Melbourne we name people like him "nutters" since when is 99 turned on mobile phones in a cart being dragged around the streets of Berlin art? Fooled google maps into think there was a traffic jam....like what an annoying pig....some people actually would have taken notice and redirected.....And whats his point? whats he trying to prove? its true art wizzes over my head I just dont have the intellect for stupid things like that.....art to me is the naked female body or buildings...im a building man....paintings to me are boring unless ur painting your house....99 mobile phones in a cart is vandalism he should be sent to jail with 99 phones constantly sending him text messages....

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/04/us/twinsburg-55000-mail-post-office-trnd/index.html 55,000 copies off the same letter.....who makes blunders like that? I WILL tell you who...Yarra valley Water my provider does...not in the form of countless letters but in the form of one hand not knows what the other is doing....3 days ago I was going through my spam folder and found what at first thought was a scam email from collectors for YVW for the princely sum of $216 plus some cents for an unpaid water bill....I get then quarterly, this bill was due in nov......I ignored it until yesterday then did some checking up...no nov email for a bill to begin with the previous one was there...YVW did send me a reminder that I didnt look at...you know you just dont look at unimportant emails...well I dont but eventually I get around to it.....You see I have most of my basics emailed and direct debited like YVW,, council rates Electricity etc.... so why wasnt YVW direct debited? has been in the past......well im not going to look at my banking till the weekend then will check if its been withdrawn.....so ask you...how can it be then its not? the emails look legit by the way and this isnt the first time a provider and myself have a history of direct debit then no reason its stoped.....and of course they make you look bad...this time I will ask for an apology assuming its there mistake....as you never know so no point jumping up and down on the spot calling them retards too soon....OH by the way....for the second time while in Thailand I have managed to get a refund/replacement from a Thai store.....im very experienced here in there ways and refuse too take no cannot for an answer.....H&M a so so store but sometimes find something of value there....seen a Patriots hoody in Manila but small size only forgot about it then got bored so go shopping here one day ....light globe went off in Central World as I entered so rushed to H&M there the honey was.....grabbed it with two hands as you dooooo.....looking around further found a cardigan....and bought them both...the cardigan was on sale 600B a pretty good deal and I love the sales here...well I decided once back at condo the cardigan I should have got next size up so a few days later I returned...well...no cannot started ringing in my ear....going through shop assistant to area supervisor etc till we get to manager I heard 4 times "cannot exchange" they pointed to the red stamp on my invoice and each time I said......my invoice was stamped after I purchased there were no signs anywhere indicating I could not exchange this item....there for legally your required to exchange as your lame excuse would not stand up in court....adding H&M are an international company and they would have provisions in place for something like this....a similar tactic used at Robinsons on my Adidas sneakers...which proved successful though took me 6 weeks to get a replacement....Well eventually the hundsum and pleasant manager realised I was never going to leave without my item being exchanged and me parroting the same words over and over, I did looked to be settling in for the day and night....so agreed to the exchange.....the 3 assailants around me all smiled with me then went off to do there thing....they learned something that day...persistence wins....

Well they had moved the sale item stock to Paragon....so I was told .....Manager call ahead to Paragon store worded them up and told me to go there they would finalise the exchange....Arriving 20 min later....not one assistant knew anything....so again we go through 4 assistants and manager with the same words plus the phone call.....I may have been fobbed off...may have been....im like the Red Army I dont give up....ever....eventually going through my entire speil of International company ......no notice prior to paying for a no exchange etc etc the grovie manager with dyed blond hair and lairy jacket agreed to an exchange.....in the end the cardigan was sold out so ended up buy a new jacket....now this jacket was just under 2000...but there was a sign clearly above it that red 799B....bit peed off when they claimed it wasnt on sale I bought it anyway....I really wanted to go after them on this and I did say in AU they would be forced to sell it at that price they of course took no notice as they live in there own dream state, banging your head against Thais did wear me down and with the stress I had endured decided to not push my luck any further....

I cant get over them spending bucket loads of money on new BTS extensions as well as MRT extensions and they dont keep footpaths up to scratch....ive tripped about 5 times since been here once all the way to the ground cutting knee and 2 fingers....lets not forget about bullies cars who ignore zebra crossings and force you to walk around them at streets crossings oh and dirty buildings....build it and forget.....notice the Elephant building here bit of a land mark im told is showing signs of soot on the facade....its safer in Syria.....

No Dragons ?

Sad to see this type of stuff reoccurring with Kerr.

Was criminally underrated. Twice runner up in the Brownlow

and placed in the top three in three consecutive years.

Former West Coast Eagles star Daniel Kerr was found “unresponsive and intoxicated” in Kalgoorlie yesterday morning, the West Australian reports.
The former midfielder was found on Hannan Street by a bystander “in distress and in need of medical assistance” at approximately 7.30am Wednesday.

Police and St John Ambulance were called to the scene and sent Kerr to the Kalgoorlie Health Campus about 8am.

The 36-year-old, who retired back in 2013, reportedly stressed he was in good health after concerns were raised over his well being.

A St John Ambulance spokeswoman said he was “intoxicated but uninjured”. Kerr later suggested any concerns were “a bit of a joke” as his family confirmed he was in a stable condition.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Sad to see this type of stuff reoccurring with Kerr.

Was criminally underrated. Twice runner up in the Brownlow

and placed in the top three in three consecutive years.

Former West Coast Eagles star Daniel Kerr was found “unresponsive and intoxicated” in Kalgoorlie yesterday morning, the West Australian reports.
The former midfielder was found on Hannan Street by a bystander “in distress and in need of medical assistance” at approximately 7.30am Wednesday.

Police and St John Ambulance were called to the scene and sent Kerr to the Kalgoorlie Health Campus about 8am.

The 36-year-old, who retired back in 2013, reportedly stressed he was in good health after concerns were raised over his well being.

A St John Ambulance spokeswoman said he was “intoxicated but uninjured”. Kerr later suggested any concerns were “a bit of a joke” as his family confirmed he was in a stable condition.

Chad Fletcher, Ben Cousins, Daniel Kerr

Rumours AFL are having an enquiry into the 2006 premiership win and rampant drug usage. Result could be overturned

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Rumours AFL are having an enquiry into the 2006 premiership win and rampant drug usage. Result could be overturned

Come on mate, don't forget Daniel Chick and Michael Gardiner.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

FMD!

The bad news continues.

WEST Coast has brought in two members from Perth band Birds of Tokyo to re-work its club song.

Ian Berney, the bass player from Birds of Tokyo wrote, composed and produced the song, while Ian Kenny, the band's front man, is on vocals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Is that before or after the Royal Commission into how Barry Hall got off?

The strike was deemed to be "In play".

Any further away and he could've asked for mustard on his hotdog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Is that before or after the Royal Commission into how Barry Hall got off?

The strike was deemed to be "In play".

Any further away and he could've asked for mustard on his hotdog.

No way Barry should have got off for that one ????????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

We could fight a bit though....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg8Sk6tLS80

• Like 1