Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

4 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Still in Flips,they let me out of isolation and have been working 12 hours a day.

Keeping the mind occupied without all the hysteria.

Was hoping 1st of May would be the date to return to LOS but think that is a pipe dream at the moment.

On the positive side a few nice cold san miguel lights go down nice at night time.

I see the Kangaroos are still unbeaten this year,best start for quite a few years????

Good to see everyone still having some banter in a some what boring stage of being a sports fanatic.????

He's alive......must be on some flea bitten island, dont you worry about a think fella by the time you get home the Kangaroos wont be living in Melbourne anymore.....

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Move at least 4 clubs out of Victoria, its way over due..... Lanceston, Albury, Broom and Darwin....Dee's can become the Broom Demons....Lanceston Kangaroos, Albury Saints and te Darwin, ummm cant think after a hard days work.....

Broome?  Population 14,000?  600klm drive to the nearest town of Port hedland?

• Like 2

On 4/20/2020 at 10:48 AM, Will27 said:

I know a lot of you don't like to change the game too much, but I like the shorter quarters.

I would also like to see a reduction of players on the field.

Thoughts?

Play it forward: How Lethal thinks footy should change post-virus

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/play-it-forward-how-lethal-thinks-footy-should-change-post-virus-20200419-p54l7m.html

AFL clubs should only spend half as much on their football departments as they do on their players, and the league should seize the opportunity to reduce the number of players on the field to 16 a side, according to Australian football legend Leigh Matthews.

As the AFL asks its clubs to reimagine football beyond coronavirus by setting out their priorities for a long-term overhaul of the game, Matthews said it was "logical to me to have fewer players on the field" as part of the push to reduce list sizes.

"When you ask that question [about the number of players] the only answer seems to be 'because we have always had 18 on the field'," he said.

"The field is the same size as it was 100 years ago and players wore boots they nailed studs into. They are more athletic now, running around basically in spokes. They are faster and bigger.

Footy wages: "What is the average for an assistant coach? $200,000? If they get $150,000 are they not going to do it? But it is all what the market wants to pay, supply and demand.

"There is a fair chance the players will have to take a cut and the salary cap come down. Reducing the list sizes reduces player payments but it is the lower-paid players you are losing.

"If the top-paid player earned $800,000 instead of over a million [dollars], do not tell me they would stop playing."

With the talk about reduced list sizes, from 42 to 35 it could make sense to have 16 on the field at any time.  Plenty of clubs will have 10 players on the injury list and with a squad of just 35, that's not much room to play around with.
16 a side would change the game plans again, though I dont know exactly how it would influence things.  Certainly higher scores/more goals, which is not a bad thing.  The congestion issue hasn't been able to be addressed and with so many players in field, unlikely it will be.

Having 16 a side would also make the 16 minute quarters more logical (which by reducing game time, we will then probably see scoring reduced!)
If you added more players to the bench you will have fresher players, which might be okay, as long as the rotations are capped

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Was watching Fox Footy last night and Robbo let his guard down when he

was talking to Gerard about the game resuming "Gerard, this game is so important to Victorians, 

it's not just a game it's a way of life".

AFL VFL 360.

Was he drunk again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

It's not just Robbo mate.

On Footy Classifieds last night.

Kanes Cornes said the AFL have to try and make the fixtures more equitable.

Caro triedto justify to Cornes that it wasn't biased fixturing that Richmond played their last 7 games at the Gee.

She said the Crows and Port getter a better home ground advantage than Richmond, which made
everyone giggle.

Cornes said "when is the last time Port or Adelaide had 7 home games in a row"?

Then she said "it's unavoidable as you have 10 sides in Victoria".
Cornes replied, "they can play at Marvel Caro".

The silence was deafening.

I will catch up on that.

She has a real blind spot when it comes to Richmond and Victorian sides. She was one of the muppets who was trumpeting what a great deal the 99 year contract with the MCG was!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

It's not just Robbo mate.

On Footy Classifieds last night.

Kanes Cornes said the AFL have to try and make the fixtures more equitable.

Caro triedto justify to Cornes that it wasn't biased fixturing that Richmond played their last 7 games at the Gee.

She said the Crows and Port getter a better home ground advantage than Richmond, which made
everyone giggle.

Cornes said "when is the last time Port or Adelaide had 7 home games in a row"?

Then she said "it's unavoidable as you have 10 sides in Victoria".
Cornes replied, "they can play at Marvel Caro".

The silence was deafening.

Look Robbo is a dill numero uno.....and his offsider a lot more intelligent but a puppy.....Fox everything is poo....there wont even be a fox as we know it withing 5 ys there going town the tube, streaming is the go and they got in late with Kayo and its over priced, the VFL wops i mean the AFL's days of big buck paydays are going to be slowing down considerably Premier league are looking into doing it themselves and so should we....Plenty of happy chappies would be willing to contract televising games with or with out commentators....this is within the next 5 ys world wide...just makes a lot of sense.....you own it you can sell it to who you like....as far as i know the free to air chanels in the USA share broadcast rights for there football, so its on NBC ABC and C something or other....noticed this while watching NFL global live what ever they call it..its mean to be add free (well the global pass one) but there are slip ups from time to time, ive seen a few games full of adds...

You should do like me WILL...and thats boycott that sort of rubbish totaly and just watch te games....

• Like 1

5 Tools that Scott Brown didnt know he needed a few years ago.....I liked the tiny saw blade and the tape...the tape I could use big time.....The glue you ask? glue Simon Goodwin to his couch at home so we could get a new coach super pronto....

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Over tonights dinner i did read the heading only....as its boring......"takes meth to relive the stress" well as if we didnt know it was something like that....

On a more serious note fellas....i recon there are going to be some surprises  this year....wont be who did a better preseason than someone else so that pretty much screws Goodwin and his hot to trott huncho performance man who was at Arsenal who havent been much the last 10 years but hey dont tell te Aussie public that...

We WILL soon see who the lazy boys are....guys that need to be driven...so how many passengers in your team? This dear breathern WILL be the key to whos any good this season....

Looks like Wayne Carey has been stalking you again old fella

AFL1.PNG

• Like 2

The commentary continues over the DUI charges to the Adelaide and Bulldogs players.

Clubs seem to be having a go at journalists, esp, Caroline Wilson, rather than accepting their player did wrong and putting the story to bed.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-caroline-wilson-vs-stephen-rowe-radio-clash-transcript-tyson-stengle-adelaide-crows/news-story/3565c770754fd83076dc170c410eb02d

Well were  I , now how does that happen? gees.....frigging... Ahhh were right to go....like I didnt touch anything I swear....

Just read //gees started again... now? seems when I start a new line....

Now..??? were right...must be too early in the morning....

Prince Willie on Tiger King in his dry English wit that goes down like a ton of bricks in Reservoir and Niddrie the heart of Collingwood and Essendon territory and we say Resa or Resavoir, , we dont use the French pronunciation unless we looking to impress someone, https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/24/entertainment/prince-william-tiger-king/index.html I did tune in for 30 min, I couldnt see anything that could hold my interest at all and mind you I was-playing a game on the other lappie at the same time, some people WILL watch anything you know even re runs of old footy matches....dont you worry I dont need to be reminded I still have a few games etched into my mind that will be burned into my chakras for ever and ever that I will need to work on in some life they were so bad and traumatising like that day @ Arctic park one Saturday, walloped to the tune of a world record....Big Carl did redeem himself the next week and with great delight I did watch he run around the G with his elbow at right angles to his body lopping off heads of Essendon players...made a men of the team that day...led by example, so why did I go the following week? Well I was pretty use to getting beaten up in them days only the scoreline was the shock....so harden I had become....it took all week to recover but I did expect us to bounce back and what a better way to recover than to see Essendon done like a dinner....who until the drugs saga I hated with a vengeance.....since I had a few one eyes Bomber mates.....who always had a smirk as they killed us time and time again....

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/24/business/lysol-disinfectant-trump-coronavirus/index.html did Trump really say that? injecting disinfectant? well the manufactures have issued a warning on that one, good idea if Trump uses his own logic on himself...a cup of White King should clean out that brain of his....Really is he the leader of the free world? What was it I seen during the week...ahh yes...told the sailors of the fleet in the Gulf to blow up any Iranians harassing them...like what are they doing there in the first place? the US is several thousand miles away.....I dont know.....and he has the key to the red button you know....by the way hes odds on to win the next election...

Well Virgin AU are going down....7 billion in dept...about there worth, but if there not flying there not worth much at all...what better way to get out of dept than to go into receivership and buy back in minus the dept....kinda glad Scotty Mo hasn't bailed them out, like there not a well run buiz if there owe that much....still cheap fares could be the thing of the past if Virgin are not taken over, one interesting thing I read.....to carry the Virgin name Brandson gets a nice fat check each year, no wonder he has that nice tropical island in the Caribbean....

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/24/football/bein-sports-piracy-saudi-arabia-qatar-newcastle-united-football-spt-intl/index.html Yes there scraping the bottom of the barrel with news worth reporting, this is at least a week old...but it appears today again....even Apple news has failed to refresh other than the date on my iPad the last 2 nights...so whats that telling me? its telling me the world has stood still....nothings going on anywhere....not even here, nope not a god dam thing, Really that article is about one media company winging about the Saudi's not doing anything about illegal streaming of Premier league in there country, as we are all well aware of by now a Saudi prince is looking to take 80% ownership of Newcastle United, who make great beer up there in Yorkshire....I can drink it all night...so sooth to drink....a few places use to stock it in the bars around Melbourne when I was an active socialite, hard to find now even harder as I hardly ever go out ....anyway they should not fear im pretty sure once the Prince has taken over he is going to want to protect his interests and have the culprits heads removed....they do that a lot there....

One by one https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52418048 the Dutch have called it a day, no champion no relegation, the Uk is in a spin, the Scotts undecided what to do, Aleague hanging by a thread, Fox not talking, if they go into receivership they wont have to pay out the 54 million over the next 3 ys as for sure the court will deem them breaking there contract....

Just when you think you have everything you need....you realise you need something else.....I wish I didnt act so fast....im getting it under control.... https://my-smartgadgets.com/v2/index2i.php?gclid=CjwKCAjwnIr1BRAWEiwA6GpwNcODYMk37txD8ep7OlWxkOcYOFq4BVZMap0ogWvB6OQt24lLxMseTBoCiuAQAvD_BwE in about 10 years when you at a garage sale or a junk shop somewhere and you come across something you have no idea about,..well take a look you will get a heads up and be able to brag you know what it is....like some of these things are purely for the gadget men and women....I had a ex bro in-law who I use to call the gadget man back in the 80's so imagin now....ho nobody touch his back Merc he told me recently, of course its got everything that opens and shuts by saying hey Siri.......Books will like 2....get the keyboard nice and clean.....WILL could use 3....and me too but it takes up to much room in my pocket so I WILLpass.....6, what we all need...how to speak to someone in 43 languages....wont help you in Zulu land...7 sounds like a ripe off....I mean all cars have computers now days and they make sure they dont talk to other machines so this gadget is like able to? come now, anyway they set this for the idiots as modern cars have onscreen warnings like hey fella your tires are low on air pressure...or you need a service....8 is a goodie, I can see in the future balderunner years where this WILL be marvellous.....your table keypad.....10? if I cant sleep you think that blue light that moves around my ceiling will get me to sleep? not a fat chance....12....lot of this in adds on the net ive seen, when looked more closely at its a con...big con...how to improve your wifi....ummmm 13 OMG dont show your TGF this.....teeth whitener....14, the crooks need to know where you stash your credit card to scan it hardly a life changing device....15....Bladerunner again..I like this....why dont cars just have it now? your google maps on your windscreen.....16, seen adds for this on utube im kinda unbelieving, what worked for me was replacing a hard drive with an SSD now that turned it into a rocket ship....19.,,a Flexi safe...portable.....hahaha, easy to loose too....just pick it up and walk away....with all your money...and when I have time I will open it with my hammer....haha add says I just put it down for a second....like im going to be taking a portable safe to the beach with me right? I put it down for a second and my safe is gone too ....

Do I need any of them? nope......but there were a couple I liked....as you guessed im a Bladerunner devotee....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2020 at 8:22 PM, AlexRRR said:

Well its good that Chooks is a busy man......theres a bit of noise down at the mud hole thats located just near South Road not far from Nepean Hwy, though id think there joshing the kid, i mean hes never shown to much so why redraft McCartin? Mr Chooks WILL cut off all discounted Booze sales to the Saints social club if that happens again....

Lot of noise about restarts to the various football seasons around the world....Scotland's lower leagues have now wound it up due to the fact they needed there money so there done and dusted but the 44 teams above them well there sweating it out, meanwhile the EPL want all there games played by mid july....Even Gill's been in the news like a lot of chat but no details in fact we dont even see a plan.....

Which brings to my mind....How to get rid of Simon Goodwin......i even google'd it....seems he went off to a retreat as well as the US to learn some more, Ooooommmmm....Bali retreat...well it didnt help so far.....So what does a smart man do? We get an online tarot reading thats what we do.....the question is WILL Simon Goodwin get the sack from the MFC before the end of this year?

Wow....I like this reading.....How do you feel about yourself?...wheel of fortune...i see it as Russian roulette....one bullet in the chamber ...means i have hope of him getting the chop....

What you want right now...the Lovers...its telling me i want a new coach...its coming...when in the spread its eventualy coming....

Your fears....The Chariot....ho ...he might dig in and hang on....thats what i dont want....

What is going for you.....The Moon....ahhh love it......something going on beind closed doors...Clandestine affairs....Glen has the axe ready to fall with a replacment......GREAT...

What is going against you....The Hermit...ahh....looks like end of season chop....

The likely Outcome....Death....thats change....means Simon wont pass muster and becomes an ex coach at seasons end....too bad i have to wait that long...

Im telling you its a waste of time starting the season with Simon in charge....The way they just caved in to the Eagles, no spirt there nothing at all.....

Turnbull has a book coming out soon....already had Rupert...the guy married to Gerry Halll and his son say my dad never said that as well as Peta Credin who couldnt get butter to melt in her mouth to say its all lies...the world of politics.....Really i did like Malcom but the book? no no no.....they all do it dont they? I cant wait for Peter Duttons....book....

Sam "Randy" Newman marches on and too Spring street.....wanted to ask Andy why they cant play golf....https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sam-newman-marches-on-victorian-parliament-over-golf-course-lockdown/news-story/bed0d31d8462d5702c6be326d6e35b46 yep the footy show man wants to play golf....Of course Andy was to busy to come out on the steps to parlavou with Sam on stage 3 lockdown.....I recomend Sam to go buy a golf game and play it on his pc.....

Take a look here and see what 3 years of coaching that rabble known as the Demons can achive.... https://www.realestate.com.au/news/paul-roos-afl-premiership-coach-scores-brighton-sale-in-four-days/?rsf=syn:news:nca:news:spa:strap nice place.....Seeing that place Simon wont give in easy.....

And i agree https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/paul-mccartney-reignites-rivalry-with-rolling-stones-insisting-the-beatles-were-better/news-story/fa2d29f62a0a9870451ce2258cf028fc certianly the Stones are tired now, there been like dead since the 90's well by the 2000, there best ever period was from Let it Bleed to around Black and Blue....thats all folks..., and there god dam boring to watch live....think old WILL loves em....mate just buy there greatest hits, you be wasting money to see them live.....at least old Slow Hand and even Carlos freshen up there songs with new arrangements when playing live but not Mick and Keef.....no sir...they learn to play one way and cant change....I have tried to watch the Stones a few times live....plenty around on Netflix and Tubi.....booooooooooooring.....so was Keef Richards book....a drop kick that got lucky......did watch one doco with Keef while i was doing something else....same same...i just listen to slurred words and wonder is it becasue of the drugs and booze or was he always like that?

You know i thought the press here were anal about the footy....they never turn off in the US.....for the first few months after the season ended it was all Tom Brady.....after Free Agency came on it was still Tom Brady... now we have moved on to the Patriots and there coach and there remaining quarterbacks....And dont talk to me about Apple news....talk about Podbga yep hes back.....like if you listen to them the press...hes off to Real yet a bit further down hes staying at Man United, then you hear Juv want him back...then you see Man Untied will sell him at reduced fee......ive stared to skip over this stuff...

Great news...Iphone Se hit the shelves today...around $800 well just under, size of the 6 body of the 8 and the get up and go of the 12....meant to hit the sweet spot for people who cant see any reason to spend $2000 on a phone but no 5G.....thats next years big selling point for Apple fans.... Well Steve Jobs would be rolling in his grave and i wish he come back as a ghost and haunt Timmy Cook....even scare off his boyfriends, the bullocks in the last two years updates and the bullocks its taken to get it right....friggggginenena April and my iphone is still running slow, yes im a dill...i swore last year i wouldnt doo any software updates untill i checked that they were fine....but i didnt listen did i? The previous year at least by the 4th update and within 3 months the phone was going great....not this year...and Apple service the cheek...tried to get me to do a few things...in the end i did a total reset....marginaly inproved, changed carrier still the same then i realized about the soft ware issues....these sorts of things didnt happen when Steve was around.....Anyway sept WILL see 4 new phones, yep 4, there will be 3 sizes and 2 configurations....the basic if you like like my XR though they dont call it that now and the pro range....thats the one you need to be a rich Expat Thai farmer or a bank robber to own...the Max in the pro range will be bigger than the Max in the other range....so there you have it....

50 years on...some Woodstock info... http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20190816-50-facts-about-woodstock-at-50-music I went to Sunbuy 73, if your not a Vic you'd have no idea.....just a rascal i was....well no nude women dancing near me, didnt see any drugs getting sold either but then i would even know what it looked like .... i do recall some pretty good music getting played....best would have been at 3 am saturday night...Madderlake.....they woke the entire crowed up....I liked Billy Thorpe.....he rocked the house down saturday night....them were the days my friends we thoughtthey never would end....do you know that song?

Mc Carton is a liability and a club would be mad to draft him.  Maybe he could go to Sydney with his brother.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Mc Carton is a liability and a club would be mad to draft him.  Maybe he could go to Sydney with his brother.

Not another club mr Chooks...the Saints to redraft him.....everyone else has enough dead beats in there team, you know guys like Harry who spend all that time in medicare offices, the only time they see a football is on TV.....