Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree. Life started from God at the beginning of the universe, before the earth was formed.

However what Gods intention was, I do not think he wanted humans to create a book in his name and abuse his intentions. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

God doesn't care if we have sex with same sex. That was invented by religion.

Some animals like cows ( try ) to have same sex sex. Obviously it can't be wrong if dumb animals do it.

Religion also says women should obey their husbands, but how many actually do? Zero would be my guess ( now ). People promise to live together till they die, which is just a lie for 50%. Etc.

I love it when people use that excuse ,'well animals try to have sex with other animals of the same sex,so it must be alright"  they also try to have sex with young animals as well,so that must be ok for humans ,yes?

ps i could not care less if two men or two women want to have sex with each other ,as long as its in private ,not shouted from the rooftops and i dont have to watch(well i may make an exeption about watching two women)????

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree. Life started from God at the beginning of the universe, before the earth was formed.

Yes ,but which God ? there are so many , or are the Gods of other religions false Gods? and do they think our God is the false God? makes you think doesnt it?

No, I do not.  The "Holy Bible" is a compilation of texts from many sources from many time periods with the somewhat obvious taint of mankind's handiwork all over it.  It is written from the perspective of men about men and by and for men.  The "book" ( the Old Testament ) is about the Jewish people and nothing intended against Jews or Judaism at all, period.  But it is their book, about them, and grants them permission to have dominance over everything as "God's People".  Also, if God were the Creator then God would have "known" certain things.  For example, mental illness is caused by chemical imbalance or mis-wiring or damage to the brain, not by demons and spirits.  The belief in God and the book that was "inspired" by Him answers many questions mankind needed to ask but had no answers for.  Everything I said could be wrong and I could be totally mistaken but it is what I sincerely and truthfully believe.  I have made my peace with this way of thinking and though I am not happy about it I believe what I believe is right.  The torch of Life was passed to me through my mother and father and it then passes on to my children and when my time is done my body dies and returns to the Earth.  I will be no more, ever again, having spent my time as best as I knew how and as honestly as I understood my place in the place of things.  I find I cannot live a lie for others just because they want me to and it makes them feel better.  I know in my heart we all share the same fate.  

15 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes ,but which God ? there are so many , or are the Gods of other religions false Gods? and do they think our God is the false God? makes you think doesnt it?

You can call God the creator or the force. Doesnt matter since no human do not know what god is, they only believe they know what it is. 

• Like 1

Simple conservative math explains a young earth.

Let us start in the beginning with one male and one female. Now let us assume that they marry and have children and that their children marry and have children and so on. And let us assume that the population doubles every 150 years. Therefore, after 150 years there will be four people, after another 150 years there will be eight people, after another 150 years there will be sixteen people, and so on. It should be noted that this growth rate is actually very conservative. In reality, even with disease, famines, and natural disasters, the world population currently doubles every 40 years or so. After 32 doublings, which is only 4,800 years, the world population would have reached almost 8.6 billion. That’s 2 billion more than the current population of 6.5 billion people, which was recorded by the U.S. Census Bureau on March 1, 2006. 

This simple calculation shows that starting with Adam and Eve and assuming the conservative growth rate previously mentioned, the current population can be reached well within 6,000 years.

We know from the Bible, however, that around 2500 BC (4,500 years ago) the worldwide Flood reduced the world population to eight people. But if we assume that the population doubles every 150 years, we see, again, that starting with only Noah and his family in 2500 BC, 4,500 years is more than enough time for the present population to reach 6.5 billion.

By using simple math one can see man did not walk on the earth billions or even millions of years ago.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Humans are animals with a bigger brain. The primary directive of any animal is to reproduce. Nothing more to it. Judging by what humans do we are not very intelligent. An intelligent species wouldn't spend a lot of resources on killing each other. An intelligent species wouldn't pollute and breed itself into extinction.

I guess you missed the wedding vows ( from Wikipedia )

Bride: I,_____, take thee,_____, to be my wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and to obey, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth.

You're right, an intelligent species wouldn't spend resources killing each other, except in self defense, which shows that a lot here aren't intelligent but motivated by greed, hate and fear. A lot of people take time to recycle, and if all countries would do this successfully, there wouldn't be as much pollution. If Thais weren't allowed to burn things like they do, like the United States does, they would fine them for breaking the law. If there weren't corrupt officials that are involved in human trafficking, this and other countries wouldn't have it happening so much.  If the filthy rich weren't allowed to rape the earth for profit, and were punished severely for the crimes, they would be stopped and the earth wouldn't have the daily damage it receives. Again, greed takes over, and people have shown they will do anything for money, including prostituting their own children so they can help the family. If the age of consent was raised to 18, like it is in the US, children wouldn't be having children ,of which most will be either raised by grandparents or by single mothers, because in some countries, they don't enforce rape and child support, but let money pay off crimes. I understand wedding vows, as they are written, but obey shouldn't be there. All the other things are what should happen, but some act like spoiled children or narcissists, thinking only of themselves. Submitting is what is right, but not treated as second class or slaves. I have had problems with women with mental illnesses that did everything according to their extreme mood swings, and it hurt the family every time. I made bad choices in women a few times, and the children created from these relationships always paid the price. Not taking responsibility for your vows is what a lot of women, and men, do. Not accepting that you have a mental illness and getting the proper treatment shows selfishness at it's worse.

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

P.S. > i could not care less if two men or two women want to have sex with each other ,as long as its in private ,not shouted from the rooftops and i don't have to watch (well i may make an exception about watching two women)????

I was stopped in the street for a survey today and was asked how I viewed lesbian relationships,
seems "in high definition" was not the right answer...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

Let us start in the beginning with one male and one female. Now let us assume that they marry and have children and that their children marry and have children and so on. And let us assume that the population doubles every 150 years. Therefore, after 150 years there will be four people, after another 150 years there will be eight people, after another 150 years there will be sixteen people, and so on. It should be noted that this growth rate is actually very conservative. In reality, even with disease, famines, and natural disasters, the world population currently doubles every 40 years or so. After 32 doublings, which is only 4,800 years, the world population would have reached almost 8.6 billion. That’s 2 billion more than the current population of 6.5 billion people, which was recorded by the U.S. Census Bureau on March 1, 2006. 

This simple calculation shows that starting with Adam and Eve and assuming the conservative growth rate previously mentioned, the current population can be reached well within 6,000 years.

We know from the Bible, however, that around 2500 BC (4,500 years ago) the worldwide Flood reduced the world population to eight people. But if we assume that the population doubles every 150 years, we see, again, that starting with only Noah and his family in 2500 BC, 4,500 years is more than enough time for the present population to reach 6.5 billion.

By using simple math one can see man did not walk on the earth billions or even millions of years ago.

You are a wind-up merchant....nobody in their right mind believes this kind of dross.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

I hope you posted this as a joke, but I fear the worst...

It's of the same caliber as the reason why Jesus was born in a stable.

Maria didn't make any reservations and all other places in Bethlehem were full because of it being Christmas time.

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

I hope you posted this as a joke, but I fear the worst...

It's of the same caliber as the reason why Jesus was born in a stable.

Maria didn't make any reservations and all other places in Bethlehem were full because of it being Christmas time.

OMG...Is that not true? Next you'll be telling me Father Christmas is dead.

5 minutes ago, yodsak said:

605003427_ScreenShot2020-07-27at13_17_46.png.acae462665e902ebedb8d7cc9a13e5c4.png

Pretty sound evidence that 40% of Americans are as thick as pig ...... (Not that other countries are any different, although some must be nearing 99% as thick as pig.....     So all in all the USA isn't doing too bad.

The Bible was written over a span of 1500 years, by 40 writers. Unlike other religious writings, the Bible reads as a factual news account of real events, places, people, and dialogue. Historians and archaeologists have repeatedly confirmed its authenticity.

Using the writers' own writing styles and personalities, God shows us who he is and what it's like to know him.

There is one central message consistently carried by all 40 writers of the Bible: God, who created us all, desires a relationship with us. He calls us to know him and trust him.

The Bible not only inspires us, it explains life and God to us. It does not answer all the questions we might have, but enough of them. It shows us how to live with purpose and compassion. How to relate to others. It encourages us to rely on God for strength, direction, and enjoy his love for us. The Bible also tells us how we can have eternal life.

Multiple categories of evidence support the historical accuracy of the Bible as well as its claim to divine authorship. Here are a few reasons you can trust the Bible.

Archaeology confirms the Bible’s historical accuracy

The Bible today is the same as what was originally written.

Four of the writers of the New Testament each wrote their own biography on the life of Jesus. These are called the four gospels, the first four books of the New Testament. When historians try to determine if a biography is reliable, they ask, "How many other sources report the same details about this person?"

5 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

yes but adam and eve had only two sons ,so how did the world go on ?n

2 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

There is one central message consistently carried by all 40 writers of the Bible: God, who created us all, desires a relationship with us. He calls us to know him and trust him.

The Bible not only inspires us, it explains life and God to us. It does not answer all the questions we might have, but enough of them. It shows us how to live with purpose and compassion. How to relate to others. It encourages us to rely on God for strength, direction, and enjoy his love for us. The Bible also tells us how we can have eternal life.

One thing is certain, these 40 writers of the bible that you mention, sure weren't anti-semetic.

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

yes but adam and eve had only two sons ,so how did the world go on ?n

The Bible doesn’t say where Adam and Eve’s first two sons — Cain and Abel — got their wives, although it does tell us that Cain and his wife had at least one child (Enoch). The usual assumption is that Cain and Abel married their sisters. (Later this was forbidden by the Old Testament, but was necessary at the beginning of the human race.)

Don’t be sidetracked by questions like this, however — because the story of Cain and Abel is an important one, and has many lessons to teach us. (You can read it in the fourth chapter of Genesis.) Cain, the Bible tells us, became angry at his brother because God had accepted Abel’s sacrifice but rejected Cain’s sacrifice, because Cain was selfish and his heart wasn’t right before God.

7 hours ago, Tagged said:

So no humans before last ice age? 

Many pieces of the “Ice Age puzzle” remain unsolved, but one thing is sure. Based on the Bible, we can be certain that the changes occurred within just a few human generations—not over millions of years. What follows is only a benchmark based on our starting parameters.

4 hours ago, Heppinger said:

One thing is certain, these 40 writers of the bible that you mention, sure weren't anti-semetic.

Ultimately, above the human authors, the Bible was written by God. Second Timothy 3:16 tells us that the Bible was “breathed out” by God. God superintended the human authors of the Bible so that, while using their own writing styles and personalities, they still recorded exactly what God intended. The Bible was not dictated by God, but it was perfectly guided and entirely inspired by Him.

5 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Right folks, don't get sidetracked by details like incest and phantomatic prehistoric creatures...look at the bigger picture!

In addition to mentioning giant reptiles, the Bible describes a couple of creatures in such a way that some scholars believe the writers may have been describing dinosaurs. The behemoth is said to be the mightiest of all God’s creatures, a giant whose tail is likened to a cedar tree (Job 40:15).

Some scholars have tried to identify the behemoth as either an elephant or a hippopotamus. Others point out that elephants and hippopotamuses have very thin tails, nothing comparable to a cedar tree. Dinosaurs like the brachiosaurus and the diplodocus, on the other hand, had huge tails which could easily be compared to a cedar tree.

While the Bible does not discuss the issue, dinosaurs likely died out sometime after the flood due to a combination of dramatic environmental shifts and the fact that they were relentlessly hunted to extinction by man.

10 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

In addition to mentioning giant reptiles, the Bible describes a couple of creatures in such a way that some scholars believe the writers may have been describing dinosaurs. The behemoth is said to be the mightiest of all God’s creatures, a giant whose tail is likened to a cedar tree (Job 40:15).

Some scholars have tried to identify the behemoth as either an elephant or a hippopotamus. Others point out that elephants and hippopotamuses have very thin tails, nothing comparable to a cedar tree. Dinosaurs like the brachiosaurus and the diplodocus, on the other hand, had huge tails which could easily be compared to a cedar tree.

While the Bible does not discuss the issue, dinosaurs likely died out sometime after the flood due to a combination of dramatic environmental shifts and the fact that they were relentlessly hunted to extinction by man.

This is as bad as Obama is the bad guy and Trump is the savior. I know many here believe so, but in my eyes it is as deleted as it gets when they choose to believe something that is not even close to the truth, or have no what so ever proof and only exists in their fantasy told many enough times to be a real truth among those who can not see. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1