Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

I just watched this guy's video.

He claims he had a mystical experience while meditating and left he left his body for 3 days.

Then he says people started coming to him to perform miracles. He claims he cured a woman of cancer and cured another guy of blindness.

Let's suppose for argument's sake that you could cure cancer just by putting your hand on someone's forehead. Then wouldn't everyone in India who has cancer coming looking for you? How many people have cancer in India? 100 million? You'd have to fight off 100 million people. 

He's a con artist and he has the garb to go along with it. 

Funny painting on his forehead. 25 bracelets. Red gown. 

Edited by save the frogs

8 hours ago, save the frogs said:

He claims he had a mystical experience while meditating and left he left his body for 3 days.

Then he says people started coming to him to perform miracles. He claims he cured a woman of cancer and cured another guy of blindness.

Let's suppose for argument's sake that you could cure cancer just by putting your hand on someone's forehead. Then wouldn't everyone in India who has cancer coming looking for you? How many people have cancer in India? 100 million? You'd have to fight off 100 million people. 

He's a con artist and he has the garb to go along with it. 

Funny painting on his forehead. 25 bracelets. Red gown. 

I've never heard about Vishwananda before watching this video, but it took me all of 2 minutes to find out that he is not Indian nor does he live in India. As far as I can see, he is not marketing himself as a cancer healer, so your allegations of him being a money-hungry fraud are just baseless accusations. If Jesus himself were to make his long-awaited comeback tomorrow, I'm sure you'd be first in line to throw stones at him. It's not the first time you start a smear campaign without evidence, and probably won't be the last. 
And what you say about his attire isn't even worthy of a reply.

Edited by Sunmaster

9 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

As far as I can see, he is not marketing himself as a cancer healer, so your allegations of him being a money-hungry fraud are just baseless accusations.

You believe he had a Samadi experience and left his body for 3 days and now he can cure cancer by his mere presence?

Is that what you believe?

Believe whatever you want.

Just do it far away from me, please. 

• Haha 1

On 2/24/2024 at 8:30 AM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Hummin's back. This topic is supposed to be about humanity and someone appears back from a long time gone and no one comments. Think about people before god. Now where is mau

All hope is lost now! They all believed it was pissible to escape the curse of the forum, but then I came back 😆

Not for long thow. Quit social media to, and are relieved to find and discover time I had lost. Never to late.

Sorry to see the ego curse do not leave the mind of people, it is truly a plague.

Nature is all we got as proof of something greater, and in ourself we find the answers. We are all one, from dust to dust, ashes to ashes, we once again will return

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 8:30 PM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Hummin's back. This topic is supposed to be about humanity and someone appears back from a long time gone and no one comments. Think about people before god. Now where is mau

Errrr, the thread is about believing in God. Where do you get the "humanity" from?

Mau had the sense to get out, and so far has manged to stay out.

On 2/25/2024 at 3:39 AM, save the frogs said:

In such circumstances, any cure, or reduction of symptons, is due to the belief of the individual. Such belief is a pre-condition for any cure. It's known as the placebo effect.

The following quote from the Bible, is an example of this placebo effect.

"Luke 8:43-48:
“Now there was a woman who had been suffering from hemorrhages for twelve years; and though she had spent all she had on physicians, no one could cure her. She came up behind Jesus and touched the fringe of his clothes, and immediately her hemorrhage stopped. Then Jesus asked, ‘Who touched me?’ 

When all denied it, Peter said, ‘Master, the crowds surround you and press in on you.’ But Jesus said, ‘Someone touched me; for I noticed that power had gone out from me.’ 

When the woman saw that she could not remain hidden, she came trembling; and falling down before him, she declared in the presence of all the people why she had touched him, and how she had been immediately healed. He said to her, ‘Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace.’”

Science is still trying to understand the processes of the placebo effect, but there's no denying that the effect exists.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/306437#clinical-usage-of-placebos

Robert Buckman, clinical oncologist and professor of medicine, concludes that:
“Placebos are extraordinary drugs. They seem to have some effect on almost every symptom known to mankind, and work in at least a third of patients and sometimes in up to 60 percent. They have no serious side-effects and cannot be given in overdose. In short, they hold the prize for the most adaptable, protean, effective, safe and cheap drugs in the world’s pharmacopeia.”

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

“Placebos are extraordinary drugs. They seem to have some effect on almost every symptom known to mankind, and work in at least a third of patients and sometimes in up to 60 percent. They have no serious side-effects and cannot be given in overdose. In short, they hold the prize for the most adaptable, protean, effective, safe and cheap drugs in the world’s pharmacopeia.”

Nice. Since beliefs are made of thoughts, this means the best and safest of all drugs is your own mind. 
Placebos work when the individual believes them to have beneficial effects.
What if we could strengthen our minds in a way to consciously harness this mental power? 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Errrr, the thread is about believing in God. Where do you get the "humanity" from?

Mau had the sense to get out, and so far has manged to stay out.

Belief in god on a good day, is somewhat hand in hand with bringing people together, a reason to care about each other and the future, a sense of community because we are all in this together under god. Admitting we are not as strong and independent as we might like and need help from time to time. A reason to try to be good. 

All this can be had without a belief in god but such factors are part of a belief in an ideal world.  Your belief may be different - you feel you found god and now you believe and that's it. I don't believe - who knows maybe that actually helps to be humane and see what is and a belief in god takes you away from that. 

11 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Belief in god on a good day, is somewhat hand in hand with bringing people together, a reason to care about each other and the future, a sense of community because we are all in this together under god. Admitting we are not as strong and independent as we might like and need help from time to time. A reason to try to be good. 

All this can be had without a belief in god but such factors are part of a belief in an ideal world.  Your belief may be different - you feel you found god and now you believe and that's it. I don't believe - who knows maybe that actually helps to be humane and see what is and a belief in god takes you away from that. 

When Im out in the nature, a place I cherish, with healthy tree's, water, berries, Mushrooms and animals, I never feel alone. While in a big city, or anywhere else I do not have any connection, I feel lost and lonely. 

Connection to something is the most important in our lives.

I have connections I cherish in life, be it old friends, places, animals or my wife who make me feel complete. Friends and places  I rearly se, friends places I can sit together with, and say nothing, just be there, and feel complete. With my wife we also crearing this rytm and connection where seperation makes miserable, but in a good way. I never thought I would get ths connection, but we have made it, and we believe in it together, cultivating it, and not to forget appreciate it every day. We have our mantra for waking up and telling each other good night, good sleep, thank each for the day, love you, see you tomorow, and I believe if we manifest these things every day with each other, even we could had been irritated, and yealling at each other a brief moment, it important to build the bonds between us.

Cherish the day, cherish the life every day, do something to us. 

To many people are lost in their bubbles of  created life, where they desire things and people who do not give them connections, and who do not know,  it all starts within themselves.

Religion is addective, and the create bonds, sometimes conflicting bonds, same as what ever you do for work, you will experience conflicting bonds and feelings. For some it not a problem, but for others it creates the feeling of being lost. Cutting loose is the hardest thing. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I'm glad you included that, as belief in religion does not cause people to behave better.

IMO that is something completely separate from belief in God. I didn't give up a well paying career to become a nurse because of God. I was agnostic then.

I've also never equated a belief in God with a better world. Religion has been the bane of the human world since the first man put on a funny hat and told his tribe that he could intercede with the gods in exchange for some food.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 9:10 AM, Sunmaster said:

I've never heard about Vishwananda before watching this video, but it took me all of 2 minutes to find out that he is not Indian nor does he live in India. As far as I can see, he is not marketing himself as a cancer healer, so your allegations of him being a money-hungry fraud are just baseless accusations. If Jesus himself were to make his long-awaited comeback tomorrow, I'm sure you'd be first in line to throw stones at him. It's not the first time you start a smear campaign without evidence, and probably won't be the last. 
And what you say about his attire isn't even worthy of a reply.

You mean if Jesus actually existed? The jury is still out on that.

20 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

I'm not sure either, but I was just trying to make a point.

Do you believe that the person in the video can leave his body for 3 days and perform miracles, or believe in the possibility of it, or neither. If you do surely there can be clear scientific proof for that i.e. there may be some subjective experiences where you feel science in 2024 can't go but there should be evidence for that type of thing. 

14 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Do you believe that the person in the video can leave his body for 3 days and perform miracles, or believe in the possibility of it, or neither. If you do surely there can be clear scientific proof for that i.e. there may be some subjective experiences where you feel science in 2024 can't go but there should be evidence for that type of thing. 

In his mind, Im sure he can do

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

States of mystical ecstasy have been reported in all cultures throughout history, so this should not come as a surprise to you.
For most people it's not like it happens all the time, so maybe it's not really feasible to have a team of scientists following you around all the time, just waiting for you to enter that state. Also, if I were in the position to have such experiences, I wouldn't give 2 figs whether a scientist or anyone else believes me or not. 

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

In his mind, Im sure he can do

Maybe read the autobiography of Gopi Krishna "Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man", or for that matter, any account of spiritual rapture of Christian mystics, Buddha's enlightenment, Eckhart Tolle's awakening and many, many more. 
All made up? All fantasy? All simply chemical reactions? 😄

2 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Maybe read the autobiography of Gopi Krishna "Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man", or for that matter, any account of spiritual rapture of Christian mystics, Buddha's enlightenment, Eckhart Tolle's awakening and many, many more. 
All made up? All fantasy? All simply chemical reactions? 😄

The reality of the matter is, I do not have to believe anything, or even have an opinion on it, because I do not know. 

Interesting to read, but I do not need to have an opinion. 

Is it worth an discussion? I do not see where that is going to take us, because there is always some who believe they can heal others, and there is people who need to believe they can do.

A Belief can move ,,,,,,,,,,

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The reality of the matter is, I do not have to believe anything, or even have an opinion on it, because I do not know. 

Interesting to read, but I do not need to have an opinion. 

Is it worth an discussion? I do not see where that is going to take us, because there is always some who believe they can heal others, and there is people who need to believe they can do.

A Belief can move ,,,,,,,,,,

I don't concern myself with beliefs either. All that matters is my own connection to the Infinite...and your own connection to the Infinite. What others do or believe is irrelevant. 
I replied to your post because you seem to think that such things are only a product of the mind (fantasies), and I disagree on that point.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

I don't concern myself with beliefs either. All that matters is my own connection to the Infinite...and your own connection to the Infinite. What others do or believe is irrelevant. 
I replied to your post because you seem to think that such things are only a product of the mind (fantasies), and I disagree on that point.

Im have been so sure in so many things in life, for later experience I was wrong, so, I have learned the hard way. Anyway a good personal realization. 

If I said, believe I would be wrong, If I said it was nonsense I would be wrong, so what have we learned? 

What I can say from personal experience I aknownledge our brain to be a whole universe itself with wonders, magic and tragedies where we can manipulate and transform and manifest the most incredible visions and also truths. 

What is real or not, is hard to seperate sometimes, but for trying to be sane in this world, there is surtain norms we have to accept and follow. 

Im quite open for anything, but I need physical evidence since I live in a physical world where pain and happiness good and bad, God and Satan walks hand in hand. 

As said many times, connection and your reality is what you cultivate and want to be true. 

I embrace nature which I believe have all the answers. 

Can you/we trust all our experiences when we cultivate them and expect something to happen? 

Edited by Hummin

10 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Do you believe in "LOVE"? Can you scientifically prove that it exists? I think not.

13 hours ago, giddyup said:

You mean if Jesus actually existed? The jury is still out on that.

There are apparently Roman references to a man that fits that description, but it's irrelevant to what followed as the western "Jesus" is nothing like a man of that region, if you hadn't noticed.

The Jesus of religion is probably nothing like the reality. He is a symbol for religion, not a real man, IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/28/2024 at 10:05 PM, VincentRJ said:

In such circumstances, any cure, or reduction of symptons, is due to the belief of the individual. Such belief is a pre-condition for any cure. It's known as the placebo effect.

The following quote from the Bible, is an example of this placebo effect.

"Luke 8:43-48:
“Now there was a woman who had been suffering from hemorrhages for twelve years; and though she had spent all she had on physicians, no one could cure her. She came up behind Jesus and touched the fringe of his clothes, and immediately her hemorrhage stopped. Then Jesus asked, ‘Who touched me?’ 

When all denied it, Peter said, ‘Master, the crowds surround you and press in on you.’ But Jesus said, ‘Someone touched me; for I noticed that power had gone out from me.’ 

When the woman saw that she could not remain hidden, she came trembling; and falling down before him, she declared in the presence of all the people why she had touched him, and how she had been immediately healed. He said to her, ‘Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace.’”

Science is still trying to understand the processes of the placebo effect, but there's no denying that the effect exists.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/306437#clinical-usage-of-placebos

Luckily for all the medical staff on the planet, a broken bone, a heart attack, a stroke etc can't be cured with the placebo effect.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Luckily for all the medical staff on the planet, a broken bone, a heart attack, a stroke etc can't be cured with the placebo effect.

The placebo effect alone will not fix a broken bone or a heart attack, but there is evidence it will help the recovery process, and reduce the pain and anxiety.

The placebo effect in heart failure
"Many patients who are enrolled in controlled clinical trials of new drugs for the treatment of heart failure show favorable hemodynamic and clinical responses to placebo therapy. This "placebo effect" results from both the creation of a supportive therapeutic environment and the spontaneous improvement that is commonly seen when measurements of symptoms and cardiac function are repeated frequently over long intervals of time.

Three months of treatment with a placebo produces a reduction in symptoms in 25% to 35% of patients, an increase in cardiac output and a decrease in pulmonary wedge pressure, and an increase in exercise tolerance of up to 90 to 120 seconds. Physicians commonly seek to maximize the "placebo effect," since the goal of treatment in the clinical setting is to improve the quality of the patient's life. On the other hand, clinical investigators seek to minimize the "placebo effect, since the goal of a research study is to test the hypothesis that the new drug is superior to a placebo."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2248215/

• Thumbs Up 1

The belief in a God as some sort of 'being', me, no, to many God's on our planet with very different rules to actually believe in........

But, the scientific answer to the Universe and beyond, would be interesting, without all the killing and wailing over something that doesn't exist.......🤔

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danny Australia said:

I strongly believed in God until saw what is happening in Gaza. 

There is no way there is some 'God' out there seeing all this injustice and doing nothing about it.

You never heard of the Holocaust then, around 6,000,000 men women and children were actually lined up and murdered, it wasn't that long ago either......🥴