Thai Social Security for dependants.

RBOP

Is this saying my wife and child are covered under my SS package? 

"Dependents' Medical Benefits

Medical benefits for dependents

Formal-sector system: Necessary medical care related to childbirth for the wife of, or a woman who cohabits with, an insured man.

Universal coverage scheme: Medical benefits for dependents are the same as those for workers". https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/progdesc/ssptw/2014-2015/asia/thailand.html

No.

Under SS only care related to childbirth for your wife/GF is covered, nothing else. (But if she is Thai, she is covered under the universal AKA "30 baht" scheme).

Children, aged parents etc are not covered under your SS. But if Thai they are coivered under the universal scheme.

All Thai citizens not covered under SS are covered under the universal scheme.

There is a different SS scheme for Civil Servants and this does cover dependents.

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No.

Under SS only care related to childbirth for your wife/GF is covered, nothing else. (But if she is Thai, she is covered under the universal AKA "30 baht" scheme).

Children, aged parents etc are not covered under your SS. But if Thai they are coivered under the universal scheme.

All Thai citizens not covered under SS are covered under the universal scheme.

There is a different SS scheme for Civil Servants and this does cover dependents.

Thanks Sheryl. My dependants not Thai. But once a long time ago I took my child to Gov. hospital and was only charged 30 baht. 

13 hours ago, RBOP said:

Thanks Sheryl. My dependants not Thai. But once a long time ago I took my child to Gov. hospital and was only charged 30 baht. 

You should get private health insurance for your dependents as they are not Thai and not covered under your SS.

On 4/22/2019 at 7:31 AM, Sheryl said:

You should get private health insurance for your dependents as they are not Thai and not covered under your SS.

Thanks for the advise. ????

Edited by RBOP