House Contents Insurance + watches

RAZZELL

Looking at House and contents Insurance.

My wife has an insane amount of clothes/handbags which would probably cost 1.5m worth to replace (no I'm not joking  ???? - she worked in retail and got a lot of them cheap)

She also has a few watches which would cost around 1m baht to buy new.

Any suggestions for Insurance companies? Plus, do the watches get covered for day-to-day theft, holidays etc etc?

Many thanks

RAZZ

My experience regarding watches on insurance ( had a B&E and lost several high end time pieces) was the insurance company required "proof of ownership",) receipts, pictures of me wearing them  , luckily I had some of the cases they had come in as the thieves discarded them, so suggest you gather and retain as much evidence of ownership as possible.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 1:44 PM, RAZZELL said:

Any suggestions for Insurance companies? Plus, do the watches get covered for day-to-day theft, holidays etc etc?

23 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

was the insurance company required "proof of ownership",

I have insurance which covers contents including specific items for which they required pictures which included watches and gold jewelry. There is also coverage away from the home available but I don't have that so not sure whether they would be covered there.

I have not been asked for receipts.......but neither have I claimed.

The insurance I have is via AA Brokers with Safety Insurance Co however the original policy (which Safety took over) was from NZI from memory.

If you talk to a good broker and tell them exactly what you want they should find a good policy. 1m baht worth of specific watch insurance will not be cheap however.......

• Like 1