Electric Bikes

jmoto

First, I don't have experience with electric big bike so my comment would be about these electric scooters.

I found them reliable, and I am talking in the time when I still was in Europe. The speed was enough for going for shopping and driving around on a pace speed of 37 kmh (with a hidden button it went to 60, legally limited to 35kmh).

There were also models that run on 55kmh, on which ofcourse the monthly tax is higher and a helmet is required. (they changed the law and now helmets are mostly needed for lower speed too)

And there were eBikes (turn 'throttle' and go) and eBike-push-support (you need to bike yourself, but granny can get 35kmh on that and outriding race wheelers).

Then I came to Thailand, all combustible engines bike. 

The electric car still a plan by the PEA and MEA, while in the west people driving hybrids and electric cars already.

Thailand has new their electric busses, driving on short courses around.

Other electric vehicles were the golfcarts and forktrucks.

I looked around if I could see some electric scooters, but hardly.

Then I got a flat with my scooter, went to a shop and what I saw there were two abandoned electric scooters in the corner, hidden under a thick layer of oil and dust.

I asked about them, annd was told that they were not officially accepted, but still Thais did import them and use them in the sois and there where the regulation were not strict. Until the batteries dried out and then no effort were made to bring the eScooters back to life.

Legality, parts, low speeds, knowledge, acceptance, a long way to go here.

With the cars now I see movement, chargepoints planted and sales are rolling.

But sure, the same goes with the eScooters. Slowly.

For the OP: Do some research, on the bike, on chargers, on extra investment of changing sunpower to bikepower at your place if you are a greeny and the availibilty of parts and batteries.

Whatever reason you want that kind of bike; Being greeny, just for the fun of it or for the show 'I can do, whatever the cost'.

Wish you luck and keep us updated (specs, costs, legality, availibility, anything..) .

Rgds,

Just now, transam said:

Depends if you like music or not...If you are deaf then nooo ploblem...????

Depends on what; you like ROOAAAAAAAAAAAARING or dislike WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZING

????

I do like when my old Kawa is spinning PaPaPaPaPaPaPaPaPaPRAPPp..PaPaPaPaPaPa

And I am stuck with my regular bike, a Click with broken muffler pipe..

BRAAAAAA...(release throttle)..AAA..<PANG><PANG>..brrrrp

And then we still have the bike, Bzuuuuu...<CRACK>.Bzuuuuu...<CRACK>.Bzuuuuu...<CRACK>.

Maybe I have read too much comics.

3 minutes ago, donim said:

Depends on what; you like ROOAAAAAAAAAAAARING or dislike WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZING

????

I do like when my old Kawa is spinning PaPaPaPaPaPaPaPaPaPRAPPp..PaPaPaPaPaPa

And I am stuck with my regular bike, a Click with broken muffler pipe..

BRAAAAAA...(release throttle)..AAA..<PANG><PANG>..brrrrp

And then we still have the bike, Bzuuuuu...<CRACK>.Bzuuuuu...<CRACK>.Bzuuuuu...<CRACK>.

Maybe I have read too much comics.

2 hours ago, jmoto said:

Now I was thinking of buying an electric bike, should I or shouldn't I?

About 280,000 baht sounds cheap, I would say it's a case of whether they would allow the import into Thailand.

Unless the company gets to assemble the e-bikes here they would be difficult to owe here IMO.

At the moment :-

Zero made its Thailand debut at the Thailand International Motor Expo last month, and attracted a large number of visitors, who also tested the electric motorcycles. 

Three sports models are being offered with prices ranging from Bt690,000 to Bt870,000 along with three motocross models priced from Bt630,000 to Bt780,000. 

Archived