Immigration Pamphlet Regarding Visas

These pamphlets were being handed out at Suvarnabhumi Airport today.

I don't know if it's a new thing, but I scanned it and it's available for download.

I hope it helps answer some questions

post-39033-1173172834_thumb.jpg

These pamphlets were being handed out at Suvarnabhumi Airport today.

I don't know if it's a new thing, but I scanned it and it's available for download.

I hope it helps answer some questions

Need to notify immigration of change of adress within 24 hours or fine of 5,000 baht ?

That will make the travelling tourist a very busy guy if he needs to make a trip to the nearest immigration office each time he changes hotel on a say 10 days trip around Thailand.......I suppose the hotel or place of stay is doing it for him.....

Need to notify immigration of change of adress within 24 hours or fine of 5,000 baht ?

I believe if the law were to be followed to the letter, both the hotel or house owner and the tourist would indeed have to report the address change. The two reporting requirements are covered by two different sections of the Immigration Act:

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the following :

2. Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place.

3. Shall notify the police official of the local police station where such alien resides, within twenty-four hours from the time of arrival. In the case of change in residence in which new residence is not located the same area with the former police stations , such alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within twenty-four hours from the time of arrival.

4. If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty-four hours , such alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty-eight hours from the time of arrival.

Section 38 : The house-master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has stayed under provision of Para.1 is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the Immigration Division.

Making notification , in reference to the Para 1 and 2 of this Section , must comply with regulations prescribed by the Director General

The “house-master” uses form TM.30 for the report, the tourist (the alien) uses form TM.28

The forms can be viewed at this place pinned at the top of this forum, the Immigration Act and an English translation thereof in this topic.

I remember a topic last year where someone reported that the police had no idea what to do when he walked into the station to report his change of address for a temporary visit to some place in Thailand.

As it is, Section 27 is not being enforced for casual tourists (I almost said “genuine tourists”). People staying long-term in Thailand report a permanent change of residence, but make no report for short trips to other places.

With this new leaflet being handed out to arriving tourists at the airport it will be interesting to see what happens. To begin with, the leaflet erroneously requests notification to the nearest immigration office, whereas the applicable Section 37(4) of the law says police station. I can already see how, with leaflet in hand, the tourists are all scampering around looking for an immigration office.

--

Maestro

Thank you for posting that, Pampal. It is the first time I see it mentioned in this forum.

--

Maestro

Maestro,

Just trying to do my part, I hope it helps some of the people on this forum.