CB500F radiator edge bent

Poppadom

Honda quoted 2500 but I was expecting more damage to my wallet. They have always been nice and honest to me at Big Wing in Phuket town...

Do they have an electronic catalogue for bigger bikes similar to that of pec.aphonda.co.th?

The way it happened. Was riding on Anuphas road from King Power towards PSU and after the last corner they removed road surface in the left lane (two lanes each way so no traffic from the opposite direction) and blocked it with a big ass orange plastic barricade. On my right a Mercedes CLA so had to dodge from the left but still got this knock to the side of the radiator. Nothing else luckily.

IMG_20190425_161030.thumb.jpg.47d10aad73f413945a010c54be02c16f.jpg

Edited by Poppadom
Corrected typo

7 minutes ago, Poppadom said:

Needless to say no signs or warning whatsoever before the corner.

There never are...  Idiotic attitudes towards road safety continue. 

A balance between West and East would be nice - i.e. there's no need for kilometers of cones, but give a considerate distance of warning... 

Fortunately you didn't drop the bike... fortunately the spares are inexpensive. 

51 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There never are...  Idiotic attitudes towards road safety continue. 

A balance between West and East would be nice - i.e. there's no need for kilometers of cones, but give a considerate distance of warning... 

Fortunately you didn't drop the bike... fortunately the spares are inexpensive. 

I was indeed lucky that it wasn't one of those makeshift steel barrel structures.

????

24 minutes ago, Poppadom said:

I was indeed lucky that it wasn't one of those makeshift steel barrel structures.

????

I was working up near Phitsanulok a while back and regularly drove highway 12 which was undergoing road works to widen the road from a two lane highway (single lane in each direction) to a dual carriage way (two lanes in each direction). 

Each new section of road would come to an abrupt halt with a 1 meter drop to foundations (or below foundations) - thus there would be 5 km of dual carriage way, then back to single lane and the cars would have to switch across to the 'other side of the road' following the markings of a handful of haphazardly placed cones. 

The end of the road was marked with 2 cones and a couple of branches. 

Every morning on the local news there were reports of cars which had 'gone over the edge' of the road in the night. This continued for months, nothing was ever done to light up the hazard or improve the safety of the road works to even the most basic of levels. Quite criminal, I don't know if anyone was ever hurt. 

I refuse to drive outside of a city at night for this very reason. 

• Like 1