Will I have problems re-entering?

Sawatdee krab ????

I’ve been staying in Thailand for 6 months per year for the past few years on SETV and VE stamps without issue but am becoming increasingly concerned about entry problems now I have a history.

I’ve been back in the UK for 5 months and plan to re-enter next month flying to CNX via BKK.

Should I expect issues with immigration or will the fact I return to my home country for 5-6 months per year be evident that I’m not working in Thailand?

I have a new SETV, 20k in cash, onward flight ticket, hotel reservation and payslips showing foreign income.

Is there anything else I should bring/do to reduce the likelihood of being denied entry?

Thanks ????

You will have a visa, and (while spending lengths of time in Thailand some officials might consider excessive) you are clearly not living in Thailand. Coming from your home country, denied entry is unlikely in my estimation.

Be well groomed on arrival. That can be a factor with some officials. If you are questioned, staying calm and avoiding confrontation improves your chances.

• Like 2

Thank you. I am usually very presentable but I do travel in tracksuit bottoms and a hoody for comfort on the long flight. I’m going to pack a pair of trousers and a shirt and change before I go through immigration.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

15 hours ago, belfast3 said:

I do travel in tracksuit bottoms and a hoody for comfort on the long flight.

I recommend wearing a tuxedo.  Doesn't matter how suspicious your travel history is, if you're wearing a tuxedo, they let you in.

Edited by asdfrules
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, asdfrules said:

I recommend wearing a tuxedo.  Doesn't matter how suspicious your travel history is, if you're wearing a tuxedo, they let you in.

Yes, and while you're at it, clutch a jeroboam of Krug and two Belgian crystal champagne glasses; the IO will be sure to appreciate your gesture.

22 hours ago, belfast3 said:

Thank you. I am usually very presentable but I do travel in tracksuit bottoms and a hoody for comfort on the long flight. I’m going to pack a pair of trousers and a shirt and change before I go through immigration.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Why, a pair of shorts and a polo shirt will do just fine.