What's the. Situation in Hua-Hin Now?

morrobay

A poster in the Thailand news sub forum, topic: Thailand sees significant drop in tourist numbers for March. post#227. Says bars closing, no tourists, unemployment and drugs/crime up... So for those that are in the  Hua-Hin area: True or not? 

I left Hua Hin yesterday after a stay of some months. I have no hard data. My estimate is that the tourist traffic at the Night Market is about 30% of when it was bustling. Some bars are closing. Plenty are not. Some of the "girls" are going home to work the farm.

This might be in the wrong bit, but I am thinking about a trip to Hua Hin, maybe in Sept. I would prefer a quieter place, less noise, fewer bars/clubs, but still the usual attractions like girls and massage, etc. - any advice?

I've also looked a condos, for a couple of years hence, and they seem quite cheap in Hua Hin.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, lordmullin said:

This might be in the wrong bit, but I am thinking about a trip to Hua Hin, maybe in Sept. I would prefer a quieter place, less noise, fewer bars/clubs, but still the usual attractions like girls and massage, etc. - any advice?

I've also looked a condos, for a couple of years hence, and they seem quite cheap in Hua Hin.

Thanks.

hua hin, cha-am or kanchanaburi all fit that description

Exempting weekends, popularity in the centre has been declining for a few years now. Some of the declination has likely been due to expansion of surrounding developments.

Probably the number of visitors hasn't changed much but the number of venues has increased. A venue with a high customer turnover isn't as common nowadays.

Archived