Will I Make It ?

jfk

:o arriving in bangkok on 8/03/07 at 2.55 pm from frankfurt.

can book ticket online to chaingmi leaving at 4.20pm with nok.

question- assuming there arnt any delays and i arrive on-time, do you think i will make it from visa(i have non o) to baggage reclaim, to the domestic departures in 40 mins?? (i am allowing for the checking in closing 30 mins before take off).

dont want to book a ticket if i,m not gonna make it. i want this flight, otherwise i have to wait around another 3-4 hours for the next flight.( i dont want to go into bangkok thanks)

your replies are as always welcome.

regards.

question- assuming there arnt any delays and i arrive on-time, do you think i will make it from visa(i have non o) to baggage reclaim, to the domestic departures in 40 mins?? (i am allowing for the checking in closing 30 mins before take off).

dont want to book a ticket if i,m not gonna make it. i want this flight, otherwise i have to wait around another 3-4 hours for the next flight.( i dont want to go into bangkok thanks)

regards.

It looks me very short. Will you send your bags immidiately to CM?

regards.

It looks me very short. Will you send your bags immidiately to CM?

yes i want my bags to go with me when i fly.so you dont think i will make it?????????

Don Muang airport is being opened this month to handle the bulk of domestic travelers.

Many announcements have been made that international passengers will still be able to connect to domestic flights without changing terminals however NokAir has announced that it will be moving back to Don Muang which is a good hour away from the international terminal.

I think your plan at this time to come into International Airport and then get a NokAir flight is very problematic at this time. More will be learned by the time you arrive in August.

I expect that most online booking sites will clearly indicate which airport the flight originates from, eventually.

If you feel the need to book your Chiang Mai flight now, I would think of Thai Airlines, which will have Chiang Mai flights originating from the new airport to accomodate connecting international passengers. Also, connecting international passengers won't have the same baggage weight problems that originating domestic passengers have.

You mean in August, not tomorrow, right?

Agreed, that unless 2000 baht is a problem, take a later flight on Thai. But when I checked yesterday, the Thai website quoted all its Bangkok flights from BKK (Suvanabhum), and they plan to shift many of the flights to CNX to Don Muang (DMK). I don't think we know which flights will go directly from BKK to CNX, but Thai Air is the only one who said they'll even have a few.