Smart Indoor Bike Trainers - Are you selling?

Joedobbs

Hi,

Looking to get into some indoor cycling. Looking for an entry level smart trainer. Have checked around and bike shops in Bangkok seem to only have very expensive high end trainers.

Does anyone have any advice as to where to find good options?

Does anyone have maybe a trainer they are looking to sell? Is there anywhere online where one can buy second hand smart trainers?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, malathione said:

Have you checked NakornThai Bike? I got a Tacx Vortex Smart from them a couple of years ago and a Neo about a year ago. Can't remember what I paid but it wasn't hugely over retail in the rest of the world.

Thanks, Ill check in with them!

You wont might want to sell your Tacx Vortex? ????

6 hours ago, Joedobbs said:

Thanks, Ill check in with them!

You wont might want to sell your Tacx Vortex? ????

The wife uses it now. Have you checked the various groups for used bicycles and parts on Facebook? In addition, Thaimtb has a forum for used equipment.

I gather the OP is talking about the add-on kind of stand device that attaches to the back wheel of a regular bike for indoor use, as opposed to a regular fitness club-type full indoor exercise bicycle.

The brand of the former that I see a lot of Thai shops selling online here is Deuter, supposedly from Taiwan. Depending on the model (they have several), they seem to sell here for anywhere from $75 to $100+.

Lazada has quite a variety from various bike & accessory sellers. But I'm no expert on this kind of equipment, so I'm not sure how these Deuter models fit into the price-quality spectrum of things.

I have, however, been looking to buy exactly this same kind of thing, because the varying combinations depending on the time of year here of heat, humidity, unhealthy air, rain, searing sun, etc. (and that's without getting into trying to ride on the regular streets) have kind of put me off riding my bike outside as much as I would like/should.

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-exercise-bikes/?q=Deuter&from=input

1766655646_2019-04-3022_11_19.jpg.ab0566e8bcfc508ef55ee07733c83af1.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived