2 month 800K THB seasoning on Retirement extension of stay renewal?

13 minutes ago, khastan said:

For what it's worth three months also in Nong Khai no matter what the rules say. Has I have said on previous occasions unless you want a shock I would ensure that you season for 3 months not two if you can.

Thanks for the advice... will do 3 mths. Better safe than sorry... I do in CW.

Edited by JohnnyBD

46 minutes ago, JohnnyBD said:

Why would the IO tell you to go to America? Like telling you to leave the country. And, to be clear, they told you that you needed 3 mths seasoning, correct? Just asking.. 

That is exactly what happened. I asked him at least three times, "are you telling me to go out of the country"? He said yes, better for you to go to America. I told him I was 75 and not well. We politely went back forth several times and my Thai friend asked the same in Thai. Don't know what else to say. I'm packing at the moment. 

• Like 1

That is exactly what happened. I asked him at least three times, "are you telling me to go out of the country"? He said yes, better for you to go to America. I told him I was 75 and not well. We politely went back forth several times and my Thai friend asked the same in Thai. Don't know what else to say. I'm packing at the moment. 

I wonder if the Immigration hotline 1178 will be any use?

Report back from Chonburi immigration.

I asked the male IO who processed my 1st extension of stay for a requirements sheet. He copied and old one and handed it to me. I was surprised he took the time to do that as he looked quite busy with stacks of paper work in front of him. The info sheet was the old one which said money must be in deposit "3 months" prior to application. I went back and asked him and he said .. not 3 months new rule now. -- 2 months "seasoning" for 2nd extension. So as I am fairly certain that on 2nd extension and any extension after that AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME money on deposit in a Thai bank for 2 months is sufficient to for the retirement visa extension of stay.

I think I will probably elect to go the easy route and deposit a bit above the dollar equivalent of 800k in my dollar account with my Thai bank.

The problem is that when you go back with two month seasoning you could see a different officer who tells you three months or they could have changed the rules back to three, you just never know. When I first saw the new 2 months rule my first thoughts was this is an ideal opportunity to catch a lot of people out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, khastan said:

The problem is that when you go back with two month seasoning you could see a different officer who tells you three months or they could have changed the rules back to three, you just never know. When I first saw the new 2 months rule my first thoughts was this is an ideal opportunity to catch a lot of people out.

I tried that also with a new application because he stamped my photo. So there are at least two IOs at CM who are going by that old rule. 

I tried that also with a new application because he stamped my photo. So there are at least two IOs at CM who are going by that old rule.

I am very sorry that you find yourself, through no fault of your own in the position you are in and hope things work out okay. I personally think it is outrageous that they are allowed to get way with changing rules in this way and effecting peoples lives in such a drastic manner. I was lucky because my extension did not run out for ten days and I was only one day short of the three months when I first applied. I could have been in the position you now find yourself in had I believed that only a two month seasoning period was now required. However when this new rule was announced the very same day I transferred the money from the UK into my account to give me the three month seasoning window because I could see the problems ahead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

Report back from Chonburi immigration.

I asked the male IO who processed my 1st extension of stay for a requirements sheet. He copied and old one and handed it to me. I was surprised he took the time to do that as he looked quite busy with stacks of paper work in front of him. The info sheet was the old one which said money must be in deposit "3 months" prior to application. I went back and asked him and he said .. not 3 months new rule now. -- 2 months "seasoning" for 2nd extension. So as I am fairly certain that on 2nd extension and any extension after that AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME money on deposit in a Thai bank for 2 months is sufficient to for the retirement visa extension of stay.

I think I will probably elect to go the easy route and deposit a bit above the dollar equivalent of 800k in my dollar account with my Thai bank.

thanks for taking the time to ask the questions and share on here

just to clarify - I also use an FCD account for extensions and never had an issue in the past, I assume you clarified this also

Yes I clarified. Thanks for your kind words. I guess what bothers me most is the inconsistency plus the demeaning attitude with a grin. Very disrespectful. I was always polite and professional but nobody cares. Just go back to America! And on a moment's notice. Oh, and don't worry about the expense and stress. Mind-boggling! 

Yes I clarified. Thanks for your kind words. I guess what bothers me most is the inconsistency plus the demeaning attitude with a grin. Very disrespectful. I was always polite and professional but nobody cares. Just go back to America! And on a moment's notice. Oh, and don't worry about the expense and stress. Mind-boggling! 
From what I've read on these threads, people just go to Laos and start the process again and apply for a Non Imm O, or use an agency for the extension for this year only 12,500 baht. Going back to the US is perhaps unnecessary

Jomtien Immigration: Last week I received another 1 year "retirement extension" with a bit more than 800.000 baht in a fixed deposit account (Kasikorn). The money had at the time of visiting Immigration only been in the account for 2 months and 3 or 4 days - no problem and no questions asked. On 23 July I have to go back to Jomtien Immigration and show them that I have kept minimum 800.000 baht (for 90 days) in the account.

• Like 1