best pay-as-you-go sim for internet?

steve2112

Swings and roundabouts, they all have similar packages, service in your area and preloaded tourist sims from 7/11. Most sims have either high/unlimited data and low speed or high speed with limited data.

if its only for a couple of weeks, whats on the sim will probably do, otherwise top-up at 7/11 for a couple of hundred baht.

I am a long time AIS customer but had to learn that for newly registered SIMs there are no more unlimited volume packages.

(I can still book 2 Mbit/s unlimited but seems only for "old" SIMs)

DTAC seems to offer:

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/go-no-limit.html

I would choose no less than 4 Mbit/s, good enough for basic video quality.

Max. is 10 Mbit/s. 7 days for 249 (plus tax).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

200 GB for 500 baht

You could have 10000 GB of data but at 4 Mbps download you’d never get through it anyway. LOS is the worst for internet data ripoff.

I remember when 4G first arrived in Thailand and I was speed testing downloads of over 40 Mbps on Dtac but that didn’t last long. 10 Mbps is considered high speed which is a complete joke.

23 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

You could have 10000 GB of data but at 4 Mbps download you’d never get through it anyway. LOS is the worst for internet data ripoff.

I remember when 4G first arrived in Thailand and I was speed testing downloads of over 40 Mbps on Dtac but that didn’t last long. 10 Mbps is considered high speed which is a complete joke.

Did someone ask you?

200 GB over six months for 500 baht is a ripoff? Show me a better deal from another country.

The OP;

most gigs, least baht, ok speed. thx

I think it qualifies.

4 Mbps equals 0.5 MB/s.

That equates to 1.8 GB per hour. 43.2 GB per day. So how would it not be possible to utilise the 200 GB of data?

Don't allow your negativity to cloud your intelligence.

Not everyone needs the highest speeds. So if 4 Mbps is good enough for the OP, there is no issue.

Now show us some good deals from other countries and we'll see if we can match or beat them.