Two dead, four injured in shooting at University of North Carolina, Charlotte

webfact

26 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

So you gonna come kick down my door and take my Grandaddys souvenir Luger?

No, but a burglar might, and, in the possible ensuing struggle, there’s a 50% chance that you’re the one that gets shot. So, good luck, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thakkar said:

No, but a burglar might, and, in the possible ensuing struggle, there’s a 50% chance that you’re the one that gets shot. So, good luck, I guess.

That stat is suspect and Ive been there, done that and am still here.

So you arent gonna kick down my door? How ya gonna get the 330 million guns out there?

13 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

That stat is suspect and Ive been there, done that and am still here.

What’s suspect is your desire to have a sincere, honest discussion based on the facts. I have no personal beef with you. And even if I did, I’d say the same: If you live in America and have firearms at home, I do mean this sincerely: good luck.

22 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

What’s suspect is your desire to have a sincere, honest discussion based on the facts. I have no personal beef with you. And even if I did, I’d say the same: If you live in America and have firearms at home, I do mean this sincerely: good luck.

Naw dude I know the stats: 330 million guns, 100 million gun owners, minimal gun crime, the bulk of shootings coming from inner city criminals, Im quite safe thanks! The Lugers can sit in the safe.

4 minutes ago, Basil B said:

It will be a long struggle, gun control will come in stages over decades...  

Doubtful. The American public will be loathe to disarm, especially with the looming spectre of left wing fascism on the part of some of the electorate

9 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Doubtful. The American public will be loathe to disarm, especially with the looming spectre of left wing fascism on the part of some of the electorate

Massively and bloviatingly false.

Fox News Poll: Voters favor gun measures, doubt Congress will act

Voters prioritize protecting citizens from gun violence over protecting the rights of gun owners.  And while majorities support a variety of gun control proposals, the latest Fox News poll also finds doubt Congress will act -- or that it would make any difference if it does.

By a 13-point margin, voters consider protecting against gun violence more important than protecting gun rights (53-40 percent).

In addition, there’s substantial support for specific measures to reduce gun violence, including: requiring criminal background checks on all gun buyers (91 percent), requiring mental health checks on all gun buyers (84 percent), raising the age to buy all guns to 21 (72 percent), putting armed guards in schools (69 percent), and banning assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons (60 percent).

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-voters-favor-gun-measures-doubt-congress-will-act

Americans support gun control but doubt lawmakers will act: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Most Americans want tougher gun laws but have little confidence their lawmakers will take action, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Friday ahead of the one-year anniversary of the country’s deadliest high school shooting.

According to the poll, 69 percent of Americans, including 85 percent of Democrats and 57 percent of Republicans, want strong or moderate restrictions placed on firearms. To stop gun violence, 55 percent said they wanted policies that make it tougher to own guns, while 10 percent said making firearm ownership easier would be better.

The poll shows public support for strong firearms restrictions dipped slightly from a year ago, when the media was closely following the Parkland shooting, but overall support for gun restrictions has risen since the poll started asking about gun control in 2012.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-florida-shooting-anniversary-poll/americans-support-gun-control-but-doubt-lawmakers-will-act-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKCN1PX11I

PollingReport.com

https://www.pollingreport.com/guns.htm

26 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Less than one third of Americans own a gun, polls clearly indicate most Americans favour gun control.

The second amendment is outdated...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Less than one third of Americans own a gun, polls clearly indicate most Americans favour gun control.

The second amendment is outdated...

100 million law abiding good citizens.

Polls on Gun control are misleading, simply because of the questions they ask, but again, lets just agree to disagree.

As long as folks seek to control other folks outside the boundaries of our constitiuion and traditions, then the second amendmment is not outdated. Without the second, you dont have many others.

Edited by Nyezhov

6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

100 million law abiding good citizens.

Polls on Gun control are misleading, simply because of the questions they ask, but again, lets just agree to disagree.

As long as folks seek to control other folks outside the boundaries of our constitiuion and traditions, then the second amendmment is not outdated. Without the second, you dont have many others.

So you're claiming that the Fox News Poll asked slanted questions that pushed respondents to answer in a way that was favorable to gun control? Really? How about providing something to back up your claim? It's a thing known as evidence.

As I mentioned in post 3, one can not debate the subject, it shows already here in the reactions. 

The only sure thing is a gun psychotic will come with "justifications", "apologies" and other excuses, but the fact is, he need his gun like a child need his security blanket. 

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

As I mentioned in post 3, one can not debate the subject, it shows already here in the reactions. 

The only sure thing is a gun psychotic will come with "justifications", "apologies" and other excuses, but the fact is, he need his gun like a child need his security blanket. 

Actaully we will always get reductio ad binkium

Every other civilized country has the possiblity of a black market and does not even come close in gun crimes or deaths. Another nonsensical boilerplate NRA response.

At least try harder when you defend the indefensible.

Here’s the thing, even if they did away completely with the second amendment and would make possession of any firearm illegal this wouldn’t stop! All it would do is create a black market. Look at prohibition in the 1920s. Drugs are illegal, too, and they’re still widely available in the US. 

Sent from my SM-N950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

Guns, guns and yet more guns.

Will nobody ever have the guts to make a real stand against these never ending atrocities?

I doubt it. Votes are votes are votes.

Sadly, nothing will change.  Not in our lifetimes.  The pro-gun side has no solutions but will fight any and all legislation for even sensible gun control.  The other side is powerless to stop them.  So there will be many, many more gun deaths.  As Americans, we elected the people in power, so this is what we deserve. 

Oh another shooting episode in the US inside a school,  

Is it 2 months since the last one? 

RIP to the victims and ban all guns. 

14 hours ago, brucec64 said:

Every other civilized country has the possiblity of a black market and does not even come close in gun crimes or deaths. Another nonsensical boilerplate NRA response.

At least try harder when you defend the indefensible.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Mate, I’m not American nor am I pro NRA! I’m just stating the facts. Gun control won’t do anything at all to improve the situation! They have to find some other way!