Anyone seen cheap flights to Chiang Mai?

moontang

Thai Lion Air do have 600 one way, 1185 retour

Nok Air start at 650,

book in advance leave on wed, return on thursdays.

This was calculated with CNX - DMK

You didn't said from where.

Edited by donim

38 minutes ago, moontang said:

Anyone seen cheap flights to Chiang Mai?

I gotta take care of my old yellow book... AA are offering about 700 each way.. would like to get it under 500..any clues or recent booking experiences? 

No flights they all start at 600up, but if you really want stay under the 500 only can do is taking a bus you can get a seat for 415.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, donim said:

No flights they all start at 600up, but if you really want stay under the 500 only can do is taking a bus you can get a seat for 415.

they might even have the scam bus from ksr for 300...no thanks..can do about four hours on a VIP, and that is my limit.

Edited by moontang

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

500, no way.

paid under 1000 for four one says in 2017..that was a new years promo and bought four months in advance, and one pair was during Songkrap.  I heard tourism is dying up there...let's see what they are willing to do.  I live close to DMK, but will use swampy if Vietjet has a cheap deal.  Prefer No k over AA, too.

Edited by moontang

NokAir, "starting price" 650.

AirAsia, 692

Lion, 575

And those are all the misleading "starting prices" of the low cost carriers.

Whatever you try you will end up with added cost.

Pay for payment e.g.

2 minutes ago, moontang said:

but will use swampy if vierjet has a cheap deal.

Would you believe it....

VietJet, BKK to CNX, starting price 420.

Don't forget to include trip cost to BKK.

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Would you believe it....

would you believe 199 each way in mid May...955.42 inc. round trip

Edited by moontang

18 minutes ago, moontang said:

let me guess:  you and your partner fly business class and eat the free pumpkin chips at swampy?

Business class from BKK to CM? Thanks for telling me it exists.

53 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Would you believe it....

Please, Please , look at viet jet reviews.. and the booking office associated with is bad as well.Also check what baggage you can take on board .Fly Bangkok , they are a little more expensive , but you get everything. Enjoy going to their lounge and relaxing with snacks and drinks . Also you get a meal on board and bigger seats .

1 hour ago, moontang said:

Prefer No k over AA, too.

There's no accounting for taste.  Personally, can't stand Nok.  The prepaid hot food on AA is actually very good.  I find Nok like to sit on the tarmac waiting for latecomers which is my pet hate.  The seating on Nok is far too cramped and the food quite tame.  

6 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

There's no accounting for taste.  Personally, can't stand Nok.  The prepaid hot food on AA is actually very good.  I find Nok like to sit on the tarmac waiting for latecomers which is my pet hate.  The seating on Nok is far too cramped and the food quite tame.  

It's less than an hour ....... it doesn't matter.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

It's less than an hour ....... it doesn't matter.

It does to me and it's slightly more than an hour.  Like I said, there's no accounting for taste, including mine.

The seats are roomier on nok than aa.  The lounge at swampy for BA is nothing like a club lounge..no beers, but there were little kids running wild screaming their heads off, but the planes was more comfortable..maybe worth 300thb more, but it is usually double+.  Seen the AA flights sit and wait only to see a group of trashpackers board with mcdonalds bags, oversize framed backpacks, funny hair, and bad body odor.

Edited by moontang

6 minutes ago, moontang said:

The seats are roomier on nok than aa. 

In fairness I'm so tall I need to book the premium seats up front but have sat in both the cheap Nok and AirAsia seats and find AA to be a little roomier but doesn't make much difference to me due to my height anyway.  That said, I find the AA experience much more pleasant over Nok.  It's a personal choice, though glad that you enjoy Nok, nonetheless. 

16 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

In fairness I'm so tall I need to book the premium seats up front but have sat in both the cheap Nok and AirAsia seats and find AA to be a little roomier but doesn't make much difference to me due to my height anyway.  That said, I find the AA experience much more pleasant over Nok.  It's a personal choice, though glad that you enjoy Nok, nonetheless. 

I am 195 cm..had mesh imprints on my knees from the seat back pocket pressuring my knees.  

2 minutes ago, moontang said:

I am 195 cm..had mesh imprints on my knees from the seat back pocket pressuring my knees.  

Sit sideways, legs in the aisle, just move them back when someone passes .......... this ain't  rocket science.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Sit sideways, legs in the aisle, just move them back when someone passes .......... this ain't  rocket science.

i have actually had to do that on AA.  But, according to booking.con, CM is 14% booked for the middle of may.  Opening a guesthouse could be a worse move than a bar.

2 hours ago, moontang said:

paid under 1000 for four one says in 2017..that was a new years promo and bought four months in advance, and one pair was during Songkrap.  I heard tourism is dying up there...let's see what they are willing to do.  I live close to DMK, but will use swampy if Vietjet has a cheap deal.  Prefer No k over AA, too.

I paid 595 for return flight to europe in 2015. Now the cheapest I could find was 950.

Each year and season has their own promos, it is no guarantee the same promo would occur one year later.

Tip:

Install the application from nok, lion and AA on your phone, sometimes they send you a limited time promotion. Limited in when you can do the booking but not in choosing the date of flying.

Nok has sent me a promo message, Bangkok-Phuket for 400, book before 3 days and pick date before october this year was it.

Rgds,

Why would anyone in their right mind want to go to Chiang Mai? In the past few months, it's been number 1 in the world for toxic air pollution or at best number 2, 3 or 4 on rare occasions, for the most part WORST in the world for air, even worse than the megacities in India and China... Going there is tantamount to signing your own death warrant.

27 minutes ago, Thainess said:

Why would anyone in their right mind want to go to Chiang Mai? In the past few months, it's been number 1 in the world for toxic air pollution or at best number 2, 3 or 4 on rare occasions, for the most part WORST in the world for air, even worse than the megacities in India and China... Going there is tantamount to signing your own death warrant.

That was explained in the first nine words of the OP. 

On 5/1/2019 at 2:59 PM, donim said:

Thai Lion Air do have 600 one way, 1185 retour

Nok Air start at 650,

book in advance leave on wed, return on thursdays.

This was calculated with CNX - DMK

You didn't said from where.

It that including all the add ons which you mostly can't escape on all of these airlines? 

20 minutes ago, scorecard said:

It that including all the add ons which you mostly can't escape on all of these airlines?

Not at all, but the part of the airport and carrier yes.

If you don't opt for extras like insurrance or choose seat and food.

You can escape these addons. In all the submenus click NO NO NO.

Only the fee which depends on your choice of payment method is not included and that is something the airlines have nothing to do with.

You can get around these fees IF you pay at the counter of the airlines in the airport. Only usefull if you are not far form the airport.

It is what I do, after paying at the counter I go to the panoramic dock to watch airplanes for an hour. Some people go to the Zoo, others go to the streetbars and I go to the docks. ????

Rgds

• Like 1